Enchanting

Sabotage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:13:50 AM

@Estild I can't remember the answer, but is allowing crit weighted/padding items to be enchanted something that is being looked at?

I have a feeling it is no, but just wanted to check.

Maetriks
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 4:10:06 PM

@sabotage said in Enchanting:

@Estild I can't remember the answer, but is allowing crit weighted/padding items to be enchanted something that is being looked at?

I have a feeling it is no, but just wanted to check.

I don't recall hearing that but I may have been focused on preparing my proposal for 750: Summon vathor.

Sacru
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 4:23:56 PM

@maetriks said in Enchanting:

I don't recall hearing that but I may have been focused on preparing my proposal for 750: Summon vathor.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Doug
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:45:51 PM

I think this is the last word we had on the subject (from Feb). We had a few other posts that mention it (one really good satirical post from Drumpel), but nothing from NIR in the Wizard / Enchanting topic.

Re: ENCHANT ITEM (925) UPDATES! on 02/25/2017 10:50 AM PST Post 1284

Question - is the time frame for each enchant's temper curing still moderated by the number of active enchant projects at major level (5x and above)? I presume yes, since it appears the core engine to enchant appears unchanged, there have simply been a couple layers / additions to it.

That is pretty much correct.

Question - Does this update in any way position the possibility of returning general 10x enchant capabilities to the spell? (Side note: I had always hoped, given the split between ensorcell's 'self-use' versus 'other use' capabilities, wizards might see the ability to push their personal gear above 7x enchants, at least.)

Maybe. But I will say this though, it is not our intent to flood the market with easily to obtain 7x+ equipment. So for the time being the potions will still be exclusive to auctions/merchants availability.

Question - I presume your average enchanting potion can still be combined up to 7 pours (convenient that), and that infusing the potion, means each pour with that potion gets that benefit?

No. While the potions can still be combined, the infusion will only last for ONE pour. Thus, you will need to infuse it each time after it is used. Incidentally, you can also see what the infused potion's bonus is by infusing it again.

Question - padded / weighted. Dammit! That was important to me! Where is it?!?! (Well, ok, maybe not a question so much as an assertion.)

Heh! Sorry, I cannot say much on this at this time.

~Contemplar~

Sabotage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:47:27 PM

I am asking because of the changes with crit WT/padding going to a new slot and it possibly allowing blessable weapons of that type.

Doug
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:48:54 PM

@sabotage said in Enchanting:

I am asking because of the changes with crit WT/padding going to a new slot and it possibly allowing blessable weapons of that type.

I hear ya - there's been a couple in game lnet exchanges on that, but nothing on the boards and nothing from NIR on it yet. But I'm right there with ya.

ArchSenex
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:14:41 PM

We have heard that 925 is not done. Further changes are planned. I also don't think that, recently, a particularly strong answer against enchanting crit weighted stuff has been made.

They are likely thinking about it, but given history of what happens, waiting until they're sure it's happening one way or the other.