Warriors rule, others drool

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:17:05 PM

We get no Simu love, so we must be the best already!

Vishra
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:37:05 PM

Your kitty pic just melted my heart.

I am now pro Warrior development

Taernath
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:00:28 PM

Time for a warrior lore review!

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:06:53 PM

@vishra said in Warriors rule, others drool:

Your kitty pic just melted my heart.

I am now pro Warrior development

Don't let people know you have a heart!

Ordim
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:14:29 PM

@taernath said in Warriors rule, others drool:

Time for a warrior lore review!

You require at least 10 air lore to build up "breath". "breath" is used for all shouts moving forward.

Vishra
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 7:23:23 PM

@mogonis Your secret is safe with me. ...Wait...

peam
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 7:26:44 PM

You guys can make sweet sheaths. Sheaths! What more do you want?

Sabotage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 7:36:56 PM

@ordim 10 second prep time for cmans! lol

peam
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 7:37:40 PM

@sabotage could drop down to 5 seconds once you reach Rank 5. Seems reasonable.

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:27:16 PM

@vishra said in Warriors rule, others drool:

@mogonis Your secret is safe with me. ...Wait...

I mean, I volunteer at an animal shelter every week. It's no secret!

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:52:09 PM

I'd like to see more general benefits that overlap well with warriors. SHIELD and ARMOR skills were a great step, but some of the much talked about weapon-specific maneuvers would be nice. Warriors also benefit from the new STAMINA verbs, I wouldn't mind seeing more of those.

Beyond that, thrown improvements I think would be great for warriors as it provides options for warriors in the field. Sucks that project is largely abandoned.

I think AMBUSH needs a lot of work TBH. It is very punishing at low levels, and overall a boring skill. Having some rank based AMBUSH options would be nice.

What else would warriors like to see?

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:53:53 PM

3x CMan and weapon skills, duh.

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:55:56 PM

@mogonis said in Warriors rule, others drool:

3x CMan and weapon skills, duh.

Here's hoping more CMAN points are something considered for post-cap perks. Ideally, there would be a means to gain more CMANs without vastly increasing their offensive CMAN strength.

How viable are (Non-guild learned) CMANs on post-capped (non-invasion) creatures?

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:59:06 PM

No idea. Most of my CMan and Shield skills are passive, and the CMans I might use in combat are guild skills. Mostly I ambush when hunting and berserk with bandits.

Sabotage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:59:36 PM

@evarin We need CMANs for pures!

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:00:07 PM

@sabotage said in Warriors rule, others drool:

So get some CMan ranks!

Sabotage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:01:14 PM

@mogonis pure specific cmans, that you dirty squares can't train!

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:01:31 PM

Cunning Defense was brought about in part by pure-leaning player suggestions.

CMANs for pures are is kinda meh. We get stuff like MANA PULSE and MANA SPELLUP, etc.

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:02:54 PM

@mogonis pure specific cmans, that you dirty squares can't train!

Silly pures. They can't even maneuver over a Lego on the ground in plain sight. Go back to your spells, nerds!

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:09:28 PM

No idea. Most of my CMan and Shield skills are passive, and the CMans I might use in combat are guild skills. Mostly I ambush when hunting and berserk with bandits.

What makes sense are maneuvers that are automatically learned when you have ranks in a weapon type. TRIP is a good example. If there were 1 or more per weapon type that got stronger the more ranks of the weapon you have, that'd be a great boon for warriors.

Have CM allow you to use the weapon class specific ones with other weapon types (when appropriate) on a sliding scale of lessening penalties, and there you go. Lots of new toys for Squares/Semis, with Warriors receiving arguably the most benefit.

Sabotage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:11:42 PM

@evarin I'm half joking, I would like to see lower costs for cman ranks on pure classes. Or just make all costs even for pures.

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:11:45 PM

I want OHE and OHB to merge into OHW. I know it'll be a lot of work, but it makes zero sense to have two-handers combined and one-handers separated.

If I can swing a handaxe, why is a mace suddenly foreign territory?

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:14:07 PM

I want OHE and OHB to merge into OHW. I know it'll be a lot of work, but it makes zero sense to have two-handers combined and one-handers separated.

How about a warrior only ability to gain psuedo-ranks in similar weapon types? This could extend at and past cap (with enhancives) as an AS buff for warriors as well.

You have 100 ranks in One-handed blunt, which grants 25 psuedo-ranks in one-handed edge, etc

I could definitely see that as a warrior only perk.

OHE with OHB, Polearm with THW, Ranged with Thrown, Brawling with TWC

Makes sense to me.

Sabotage
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:16:22 PM

@evarin post cap warriors would gain so many TPs

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:17:48 PM

@evarin said in Warriors rule, others drool:

How about a warrior only ability to gain psuedo-ranks in similar weapon types? This could extend at and past cap (with enhancives) as an AS buff for warriors as well.

You have 100 ranks in One-handed blunt, which grants 25 psuedo-ranks in one-handed edge, etc

Makes sense to me.

I like the concept. It'd be easier to implement than merging OHE and OHB.

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:19:13 PM

@evarin post cap warriors would gain so many TPs

Eh, the first long slog for warriors post-cap is either 3x Dodge or Shield use. 303 ranks of Armor Use takes a while too.

They'd be so PTP starved it'd take them ages to round out their build anyway. 1x MIU/Arcane symbols is also huge for warriors post-cap. Magical ranks in general helps with spellburst.

I like warriors, but they could definitely use some more DEV.

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:20:38 PM

Makes sense to me.

I like the concept. It'd be easier to implement than merging OHE and OHB.

Depending on how clever the coding is, it would give you a boost with weapon type specific CMANs too, helping to deal with the 2x CMAN cap, wouldn't it?

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:24:51 PM

Depending on how clever the coding is, it would give you a boost with weapon type specific CMANs too, helping to deal with the 2x CMAN cap, wouldn't it?

Are you saying that you would go above max by maxing each skill pair? So if you max OHE, you have pseudo OHB ranks, but if you then maxed OHB, you'd have pseudo OHE and OHB ranks above max.

Evarin
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:26:05 PM

Are you saying that you would go above max by maxing each skill pair? So if you max OHE, you have pseudo OHB ranks, but if you then maxed OHB, you'd have pseudo OHE and OHB ranks above max.

Correct. It'd be capped by only having 1 sister skill by weapon type, but yes. That's the idea.

Warriors, along with other Squares, get screwed over in that they don't have the equivalent of 3x spells (2x for semis) at cap. This would provide them the means to catch up.

Roblar
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:26:55 PM

@Wyrom @Estild Hmm, postcap dev idea - max all ranks in all weapon types and unlock 0.5x achievement! (+50 AS across all weapon types)

Pass it on to Coase please, or whoever is creating a post cap system ;)

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:27:07 PM

I guess that'd be a long-winded way of getting more ranks than max. I'd rather just have 3x OHE though. I don't have any desire to swing OHB, but that doesn't mean I will stand for the inequality with THW!

Mogonis
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:27:39 PM

@roblar said in Warriors rule, others drool:

Hmm, postcap dev idea - max all ranks in all weapon types and unlock 0.5x achievement! (+50 AS across all weapon types)

Roblars are excluded though. For obvious reasons.

Roblar
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 9:29:16 PM

@mogonis Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mogonis
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 7:02:16 PM

Maybe expand sheathmaking to making containers in general. We could actually charge millions for containers that reduce weight like the sheaths do.

Maybe.

Ulkov
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:09:31 PM

I'm liking the idea of OHW vs OHB/OHE. Or even the idea that one provides a modicum of base skill in the other. BUT, that said.. I'd expect to see uac berserk before that even become a remote considertion.

Also... uac berserk, please.

Mogonis
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:18:04 PM

UAC berserk

Sabotage
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:20:15 PM

UAC berserk

More like:

alt text

Mogonis
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:20:25 PM

I would like more MStrike and Berserk control. You can set MStrike to prioritize the highest level critters in the room (rather than room order), like when you're doing capped bandits in Greymist Jungle or Fhorian Village.

A Berserk master should have better control, like stopping after four or five rounds.

Ulkov
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 9:20:53 PM

I would like more MStrike and Berserk control. You can set MStrike to prioritize the highest level critters in the room (rather than room order), like when you're doing capped bandits in Greymist Jungle or Fhorian Village.

A Berserk master should have better control, like stopping after four or five rounds.

Oh, yes. Berserks definitely need a little love at master. Things like stopping a little earlier as you said, or.. say even if we can't get a prioritizing mstrike, berserk mastery allows for attempting to specify a target for, say, a %success chance at extra stamina cost per attempt.. opening us up to focus mstrike mid-berserk for a price.

That said, tho, this sort of proposal gets devs all alt text

Brutish
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 11:21:46 AM

Makes sense to me.

This needs to happen.

OR:

Why would the OHB/OHE thing really need to exist anyways? There are pointy blunts, and the back sides of axes. Your specialization is only one weapon twirl away!

Ososis
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 6:33:34 PM

It's a rough solution but it might be easier to implement. Give warriors an ability that can be triggered in berserk that does nothing but drain all your stamina. Effectively ending your berserk run.

It totally screws you in a lot of situations, but choices must be made!

Stamina burst/second wind could help in the after effects. It would also be really cool if STAMINA SECOND WIND could include +1 stamina so it was viable when you had 0 stamina. It is a scind wind after all!

Mogonis
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 6:37:40 PM

@ososis said in Warriors rule, others drool:

It's a rough solution but it might be easier to implement. Give warriors an ability that can be triggered in berserk that does nothing but drain all your stamina. Effectively ending your berserk run.

Stamina burst/second wind could help in the after effects. It would also be really cool if STAMINA SECOND WIND could include +1 stamina so it was viable when you had 0 stamina. It is a scind wind after all!

I'd be down with this.

gnomad
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 10:14:14 AM

@ososis said in Warriors rule, others drool:

Since almost the beginning of time, I've asked for an ability to end a berserk early at the cost of ending your hunt. First, blowing your nerves. Then at the cost of blowing your nerves and popping your muscles (once that was a thing). Then as a daily power once pures started getting those. Maybe some day.