VA meetup in Fredricksburg

Sabotage
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 1:47:37 AM

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?110857-VA-meetup-in-Fredricksburg&p=1973062#post1973062

Didn't make it to Simucon? Did you go and are now getting withdrawals?

http://www.peterchangschinese.com/

Supposed to have really good Chinese food. Everyone at my office raves about it.

I am setting this for October 13 @ 8pm.

Let me know if you'd like to come but can't make specific dates, I can try to plan around it.

Would rather the discussion take place on the PC, but you can reply here if you really don't want to go there.

So far we have:

• Me
  • someones from the officials
  • Maetriks and Durakar and +1
  • Orthin
  • Ozymandius and his wife
  • Deza
  • Necios
  • Mogonis
  • Kronius
Mogonis
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 1:53:27 AM

Dammit! I already responded on the PC! Anyway, I'd be down if I'm available, and I probably would be except on a Thursday.

Sabotage
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 1:55:48 AM

@mogonis This would be a Friday or Saturday. I work nights during the week so I can't do weekdays.

peam
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 6:48:54 AM

I'd like to come but can't say for sure this far out and without a date.

Sabotage
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 7:41:49 AM

@peam Wanted to put a bug in everyone's ear. I would imagine that merchant week will be towards the end of October, so we will probably end up going during the first half of the month.

0zymandius
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:18:01 AM

Dammit, I responded on the PC too.

goes and deletes that one

I work in Fredericksburg... Peter Chang's is one exit down the highway from me. I'd be there if it was a weekday (maybe a Friday evening?).

As an aside... Peter Chang's is absolutely FANTASTIC chinese food. Best I've had.

Sabotage
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:24:20 AM

Holy shit, Krakki might be coming (pending dates). That should be reason enough to come out, if for nothing else than to meet the official forums legend!

Sabotage
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:25:46 AM

@0zymandius That's what I've heard. Everyone at work has been raving about the tea smoked duck, and I love me some duck. Peking duck is one of my favorite dishes.

Flimbo
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:26:37 AM

I'm sorry. I cannot go to Fredricksburg. I could go to Gettysburg and chant Fredricksburg though if that works for you.

0zymandius
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:26:46 AM

@sabotage Never done the duck... I'm not a huge fan. But they have a three pepper hot pot thing that is to die for if you like spicy food.

Sabotage
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:28:34 AM

@0zymandius More duck for me! I like spicy, but not like Thai spicy.

peam
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:51:41 AM

@0zymandius said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

@sabotage Never done the duck... I'm not a huge fan. But they have a three pepper hot pot thing that is to die for if you like spicy food.

That's with the Schezuan peppers, right? I've heard they're crazy but haven't tried anywhere that cooks with them yet.

0zymandius
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 8:53:09 AM

@peam I believe so, but they don't list what type of peppers they are on the menu, and I've never asked. It's hot, but tasty as hell (as opposed to just pure heat).

peam
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 9:27:26 AM

I should have posted this earlier in the thread, but for those of you not in the know, Peter Chang is a big deal in the culinary world. Before opening the handful of restaurants and staying put in the VA area, he had a reputation for working somewhere long enough to establish a reputation and moving on. There was even a group dedicated to letting people know where he was working.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/chef-peter-chang-settles-down-with-richmond-area-restaurant/2012/02/09/gIQAPsFY2Qstory.html?utmterm=.63a8cbdabc67

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/how-chef-peter-chang-stopped-running-and-started-empire-building/2015/03/16/66ff2378-c750-11e4-aa1a-86135599fb0fstory.html?utmterm=.962e1b3a42b1

https://www.styleweekly.com/richmond/peter-chang-an-interview-with-richmonds-most-mysterious-chef/Content?oid=2328818

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/03/01/wheres-chang

Alastir
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 9:33:23 AM

Is Peter Chang PF Changs younger brother?

peam
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 9:33:51 AM

No, no.

That's Peter Fuckin' Chang.

No relation.

Maetriks
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:43:16 AM

Already responded on the PC

Alastir
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:43:56 AM

@maetriks said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

It only counts if you respond here. :P

Maetriks
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:45:09 AM

@alastir said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

Ugh. Jason and I are in. Happy?

Alastir
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 10:55:52 AM

@alastir said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

Ugh. Jason and I are in. Happy?

Yessssssssssssssssssssss

0zymandius
Friday, August 11th, 2017, 5:25:43 PM

Looks like I'm in and will be bringing the wife (who also plays sometimes)

horibu
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 7:45:24 PM

Depending on dates decided on, I could drive up from NC. Bout 4hr drive from me. Would also need to work out lodging details if staying overnight.

Maetriks
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 8:02:19 PM

So as an aside, I'm running a festival the first weekend of October so if this is planned for that, I'm out. If @Horibu is coming, he could end up marrying @Durakar and me and this could turn into an impromptu wedding!

0zymandius
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 8:56:19 AM

Wondering if we can start nailing down a date for this? My life is filling up fast with school stuff, and the sooner I can get something on the calendar, the better.

Offhand, I'm looking at Friday the 27th of October. That's likely to work the best on my end.

Sabotage
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 10:46:25 AM

The end of the month tends to be the merchant dates for EG.

How does October 14th work for everyone? I think since some people are looking to come from a few hours away a weekend date might work better.

Maetriks
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 10:48:23 AM

Wondering if we can start nailing down a date for this? My life is filling up fast with school stuff, and the sooner I can get something on the calendar, the better.

Offhand, I'm looking at Friday the 27th of October. That's likely to work the best on my end.

This is generally during merchant week. We haven't gotten dates yet, but the 27th would be no for a lot of people.

0zymandius
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 11:27:02 AM

@sabotage said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

The end of the month tends to be the merchant dates for EG.

How does October 14th work for everyone? I think since some people are looking to come from a few hours away a weekend date might work better.

A weekend date would in all likelihood exclude the wife and I. Friday night works, but probably not a Saturday or Sunday.

What about the 20th?

Losus
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 12:23:56 PM

6-8th (orthin) I am out. RL anniversary and I'd like to have more of them with the same person but any other weekend and pencil me in!

Sabotage
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 12:26:56 PM

@0zymandius I'll let the people from further out respond. I think some people from Roanoke area responded and that would either be a late starting time or they leave extra early. That's why I was thinking a Saturday.

Sabotage
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 8:55:24 PM

Let me know if you can make October 13 or 14th.

Losus
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 6:42:42 AM

That date should work for me (either) excusing any unforeseen kiddo related changes. Saturday usually being better because of rush hour traffic to get there for an evening thing on a friday

0zymandius
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 7:24:37 AM

October 13th should be doable for the wife and I. The 14th is a no go, though.

Mogonis
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 7:33:44 AM

I could probably swing the 13th.

Maetriks
Tuesday, August 29th, 2017, 10:48:57 AM

Honestly, 13th would likely be easier. I don't ever close on Fridays.

Sabotage
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 4:39:47 AM

So right now I am looking at October 13th @ 20:00 (8pm). Its a Friday.

Let me know if you an make it for this date and time.

Going to delete everyone from the main post and start over since its been a while. Once you confirm again I'll add you back.

Maetriks
Thursday, August 31st, 2017, 6:00:12 PM

@Durakar and I are set for the 13th.

Losus
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 6:20:47 AM

I am in (orthin)

0zymandius
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 6:42:11 AM

The wife and I got babysitting, and will be there.

Necios
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 10:20:45 PM

This is fairly close to me. I'd like to come too. Either the 13th or 14th work, but 13th is better.

N

Mogonis
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 11:02:48 PM

I think we're set on the 13th. We should probably start to get a head count.

Sab, you can add me.

Sabotage
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 11:54:41 PM

The first post has the head count as of right now, if you're not on it and would like to come let me know.

It also has the date and time we set on.

Oct. 13th @ 8pm.

Sabotage
Wednesday, September 6th, 2017, 11:55:28 PM

@necios You were counted as one from the officials =). I'll just put your name down now though.

0zymandius
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 7:32:20 AM

@sabotage So... there's an outside chance of GM involvement for this. I spoke with @Wyrom over Discord, and he's got a couple of GMs in the area. He's going to put the word out amongst them.

I'm VERY close, as mentioned, and was planning on stopping in at some point to arrange seating. They're pretty easily able to accommodate large groups (the tables move), but I'd like to reserve an area for us. It looks like we are at 10 now? I think @Luxelle is going to put info into Newsby's feed to get the word out a bit more, and I'll see if I can drum up interest, but the more the merrier (clearly). So harass your friends, extort your acquaintances, and let's see how many we can get for this!

Losus
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 7:49:04 AM

Oh if a GM showed up that would be so neat! I'd love to meet one and say thanks and confirm they are not all programming robots at @Wyrom disposal

0zymandius
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 8:07:52 AM

@losus said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

Oh if a GM showed up that would be so neat! I'd love to meet one and say thanks and confirm they are not all programming robots at @Wyrom disposal

Looks like we already got one! I missed it too, somehow, but @Necios has already confirmed, and has that groovy 'GameMasters' group tag. :)

Sabotage
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 8:17:14 AM

@Losus Yeah,I didn't want to put his business out there but you will get the chance to thank Necios!

Sabotage
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 8:18:33 AM

@0zymandius Have you been there before, do they have rooms for gatherings?

0zymandius
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 8:24:45 AM

@0zymandius Have you been there before, do they have rooms for gatherings?

I've been there a dozen times or more. It's a very wide open area, but no special rooms. I'm hoping to "reserve" a corner of the restaurant, though. We probably won't have anything like real privacy, but we should be comfortable. I've never been there and seen it more than half full (it really is a pretty sizeable area). Friday evenings it might be a bit more crowded, which is why I'm planning on stopping in and seeing if I can make arrangements for us.

Of note: They close at 10 on Friday nights. I'm not sure if we want to have a second destination in mind? Maybe something akin to a 'bar'? Just thinking out loud here...

Of Second note: They have a 20% off coupon on their website for any dinner only orders that surpass $40.00. I'll probably print out one of these for everyone, as that's a pretty healthy deal.

Sabotage
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 8:43:27 AM

@0zymandius I'm good with drinks afterwards.

0zymandius
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 9:05:52 AM

@0zymandius I'm good with drinks afterwards.

There's an O'Charley's (*which I have never been to in my life) that shares a parking lot with Peter Chang's, and advertises itself has having a full bar. Gets halfway decent ratings, too. Seems like a slam dunk there. (Note: O'Charley's is only open until 11, but not sure if we're going to want to be out and about any later than that. Quite a few of us have a drive afterwards.)

Sabotage
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 9:17:25 AM

Drink are pretty hard to mess up, looks like most of the real bars are near the Rappahannock River.

0zymandius
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 9:20:26 AM

Drink are pretty hard to mess up, looks like most of the real bars are near the Rappahannock River.

My daughter lives on the Rappahannock. I'll solicit her input and see if I can get a solid recommendation.

Losus
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 10:41:06 AM

I will make it to dinner at least but you can exclude me from the after party :)

Red
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 5:23:00 PM

No longer able to make this. Darn work!!

Sabotage
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 7:20:54 PM

@red Are you Overlord EK from the officials?

Necios
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 12:35:23 AM

@losus I am happy to receive your thanks, however I am definitely a robot at @Wyrom's disposal. Not a programmer though (yet)! :P

Necios
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 12:35:57 AM

@sabotage "Drinks are pretty hard to mess up" weren't you at Con? Haha

Necios
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 12:37:55 AM

@0zymandius Groovy group tags are sooooo hot right now.

Sabotage
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 1:35:10 AM

@necios Yeah, but I made my own and they were awesomesauce.

Necios
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 1:44:23 AM

@sabotage Dang it. I should have had you making mine, too. Next time... oh, and PS, the post about O'Charley's: I used to work there when I was in college many years ago, and they do have a very nice full bar.

Sabotage
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 1:56:27 AM

I felt bad for the judges, I'm sure they got some bad ones. There was a lot of dairy going into those mixed drinks.

Alright, we can give O'Charley's a try. A drink is a drink.

0zymandius
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 7:53:59 AM

@necios said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

@sabotage Dang it. I should have had you making mine, too. Next time... oh, and PS, the post about O'Charley's: I used to work there when I was in college many years ago, and they do have a very nice full bar.

OK... now I'm curious... did you work at THAT O'Charley's? Because that would be a creepyweirdcoolstrange coincidence...

0zymandius
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 8:06:22 AM

Spoke with the daughter, and I don't think she and I see bar the same way. She told me about a few microbreweries downtown... where they have dress codes, local folk music played live, and vegan appetizers. This... is not how I prefer to drink. O'Charley's does close at 11 according to their website, which is my only hesitation with saying 'let's do that'.

Within a mile or so, though, there's a Buffalo Wild Wings (open until 2 AM), a QBall Cafe (pool hall, open until 130), an Applebee's (open until 1 AM), something called Cowboy Jack's (open until 2AM)... you get the idea. I think we can pick a place pretty easily if there's enough of us who want to do a little drinking.

Sabotage
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 8:34:56 AM

I'm good with O'Charley's, only reason I hesitate is that their bar section didn't look to big but that could have just been the photo. So, depends how many people want to have drinks afterwards.

Necios
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 10:02:26 AM

@0zymandius No, the one in Roanoke, VA.

Maetriks
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 5:10:44 PM

Dragging another GS player with us that night. So it'll be 3 on my end.

Sabotage
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 7:42:18 PM

Well now we have a dozen. Who wants to make it a baker's dozen.

0zymandius
Thursday, September 21st, 2017, 5:29:23 PM

Okie doke. I happened to be in there this afternoon picking up dinner for the family and went ahead and made the reservations. 15 people (to give us a little wiggle room), and the reservation starts at 730 in case people want to come a little early. Reservation is in my name (Daniel) in case someone beats us there.

Losus
Thursday, September 21st, 2017, 8:04:04 PM

sorry but unless something changes it looks like I will need to be in FL for my wife's mothers passing (she lost her mother and father in 5 months and isn't even 30...shitty year) and Irma cancelled the original funeral service so tentatively we are scheduled to be in FL through the 15th.

Sabotage
Thursday, September 21st, 2017, 8:10:46 PM

@losus Sorry to hear that. I'm sure we'll do this again at some point!

Losus
Thursday, September 21st, 2017, 8:15:16 PM

I hope so too, I have missed both thus far but it has been an epically tragic 2017 for my wife.

Sabotage
Thursday, September 21st, 2017, 11:20:46 PM

@0zymandius Thanks, I was going to do it a week out but this'll work.

Can't wait to see you all there.

Necios
Monday, September 25th, 2017, 7:27:51 PM

Uh, maybe we should choose a different town? ;) https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rachel-myrick-copperhead-bite-longhorn-steakhouse-fredericksburg-virginia/

Sabotage
Monday, September 25th, 2017, 7:49:02 PM

@necios Those things are all around VA, could happen anywhere. Just wear your leather armor.

Maetriks
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 5:01:37 PM

State fair is in town! Jason and I (along with another GSer) will be heading there this weekend (Saturday afternoon/evening) as a slight precursor to dinner on the 13th if anyone wants to join us. (Yeah, I piggybacked the thread? And what?)

Sabotage
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 9:34:18 PM

@maetriks Flagged for moderation!

Maetriks
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 9:35:04 PM

@maetriks Flagged for moderation!

You know you want to join us.

allereli
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 9:41:50 PM

State fair is in town! Jason and I (along with another GSer) will be heading there this weekend (Saturday afternoon/evening) as a slight precursor to dinner on the 13th if anyone wants to join us. (Yeah, I piggybacked the thread? And what?)

will there be llamas?

Sabotage
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 9:47:54 PM

@maetriks I actually would be interested, I'll have to ask the gf if she wants to go. I love carnival rides. What times are you thinking?

Necios
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 10:48:11 PM

Theme parks > carnivals, roller coasters > spinning fair rides, haunted houses > GS. Just saying.

Maetriks
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 11:24:34 PM

@allereli Probably not. :-(

@sabotage Likely 3pm on. Fair closes at 10pm (What is this shit. Florida has midnight madness tha runs until 3am).

Sabotage
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 11:36:13 PM

@allereli You may want this one. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-virginia-alpaca-and-fiber-festival-tickets-37887193616?aff=erellivmlt

Maetriks
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 11:40:17 PM

@allereli You may want this one. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-virginia-alpaca-and-fiber-festival-tickets-37887193616?aff=erellivmlt

Well, I guess that's a thing.

Sabotage
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 11:41:40 PM

@necios but the lines at theme park rides < lines at carnival rides

allereli
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 11:42:07 PM

@necios but the lines at theme park rides < lines at carnival rides

that's what fast pass and the singles line are for

Necios
Thursday, September 28th, 2017, 11:45:02 PM

@allereli yaaaas and fast passes are why I never buy anything else in life

Sabotage
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 12:02:14 AM

Doesn't everyone just buy one though?

allereli
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 12:04:37 AM

Doesn't everyone just buy one though?

Depends on where you go. If you go to Universal, do the singles lines, if you go to Disney, you get 3 fast passes that you can book for your party in advance, and some of the rides have singles lines. that's all without paying extra

Maetriks
Friday, September 29th, 2017, 10:51:37 AM

Honestly, i like both, but i haven't been to a fair in forever and I'm sure it'll be a blast!

0zymandius
Monday, October 9th, 2017, 8:17:10 AM

T minus 4 days to this. Talking logistics with the wife, we're going to try and be there at 730, but we have a little running around to do beforehand (dropping off the spawn with babysitters after work). If someone beats us there, the reservation is under 'Daniel'.

I'm also planning to hit the Dollar Store or something and get some "HI, I'm __" stickers for everyone so we can put faces to characters.

Very much looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Maetriks
Monday, October 9th, 2017, 4:22:21 PM

We're still in and last I confirmed with our hitchhiker, he is, too!

God
Monday, October 9th, 2017, 5:52:54 PM

@0zymandius Probably should stay over someone's place if you're going to be drinking so late into the night and driving a long ways.

Sabotage
Monday, October 9th, 2017, 8:28:51 PM

See you all Friday.

Necios
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017, 10:45:14 PM

This is the most disappointing news I've had to give all year :( It's now come up that I'll be travelling all day Saturday and Sunday 14th-15th, and I just can't justify the cost and time of driving 7 hours there and back for dinner any longer, so I won't be able to make it this time. I'm super disappointed. I really enjoy meeting players and telling them I only do QC so they don't ask questions. LOL.

Please schedule another one of these get-togethers for the spring, and I will most certainly be there.

I've heard that there are Richmond and Roanoke folks who like to meet. I live in Blacksburg, so something a bit closer to me works, too.

A trillion apologies... - GM Necios

Sabotage
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017, 11:44:20 PM

@necios alt text

Necios
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017, 11:45:03 PM

I knew you would take it hardest of all :\

Sabotage
Tuesday, October 10th, 2017, 11:46:50 PM

@necios alt text

0zymandius
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017, 10:28:58 AM

In the mother of all WTF-ery, my older son appears to be getting sick. The babysitter that we have lined up has a newborn in the house. If he's REALLY sick, we can't take him there, and we don't have babysitting to allow us to attend. So while I really hope he's not sick because he's my kid and I love him, I ALSO hope he's not sick so we can still make it.

God
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017, 10:58:50 AM

Uh oh it's all starting to fall apart. Honestly guys I think a simple dinner is asking too much for people driving up 500 miles.

It's Halloween! don't you think it'll be better if we had a full blown haunted house tours type event and call it a weekend? Friday night till Sunday brunch? There is a metric ton of haunted houses around the DMV.

Mogonis
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017, 11:37:04 AM

You want a bunch of people who don't really know each other in real life to spend a whole weekend together? DURING EG DIGGING AND GAMES!?

God
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017, 11:54:56 AM

@mogonis Eh, it's called Simucon. But yeah, still EG season.

Sabotage
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017, 7:40:51 PM

@god A dinner was all the planning I wanted to do. I also didn't expect 10+ people to come. Either way it'll still be a good time. Good food and some drinks.

Hope your son just has some late season allergies!

0zymandius
Wednesday, October 11th, 2017, 7:47:52 PM

@sabotage He's got a sharply developed sense of drama... he's currently giggling up a storm with his brother in his room. Seems perfectly fine to me. Now, maybe he's coming down with something, maybe he's not, but for the moment I'm saying you should expect us there.

Necios
Thursday, October 12th, 2017, 12:17:45 AM

@god I'd be down for this next year as a huge haunted house fanatic.

0zymandius
Thursday, October 12th, 2017, 1:37:34 PM

Kid is fine. We'll be there with bells on.... provided we can locate said bells in time.

Maetriks
Thursday, October 12th, 2017, 2:30:57 PM

I'm so looking forward to tomorrow night!

0zymandius
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 7:33:46 AM

I'm going to be running around most of the day, so I'll just say that the wife and I will be there tonight between 730-745. Reservation is for 13 or so (I know we won't get that many, but I wanted to be safe) and in the name of Daniel. We're looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

Maetriks
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 7:35:18 AM

I'm going to be running around most of the day, so I'll just say that the wife and I will be there tonight between 730-745. Reservation is for 13 or so (I know we won't get that many, but I wanted to be safe) and in the name of Daniel. We're looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

What time exactly is the reservation for? I don't feel like scrolling back.

0zymandius
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 7:35:55 AM

@maetriks 730, technically. But they're pretty laid back there. It won't be an issue if nobody is there right at 730.

Maetriks
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 7:38:03 AM

@0zymandius okay. I just didn't want to be there like 2 hours early.

God
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 8:11:24 AM

You lucky dogs. I guess whenever I move to civilization I'll come to one of these things. Have fun guys.

P.S. Take plenty of pics!

Losus
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 9:25:08 AM

Sorry to miss this, it's our last day in FL and we drive up tomorrow.

I am thinking of planting a seed to see if folks after this may be interested in a 5k and breakfast outing sometime in January/February around NoVa so since this thread is already live I will plant the seed now to see if interest exists

Maetriks
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 9:46:42 AM

@losus said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

Sorry to miss this, it's our last day in FL and we drive up tomorrow.

I am thinking of planting a seed to see if folks after this may be interested in a 5k and breakfast outing sometime in January/February around NoVa so since this thread is already live I will plant the seed now to see if interest exists

Breakfast... yes. 5k? Fuck you.

God
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 10:02:55 AM

@maetriks What if, if you finish the 5k, you get a free T6 box for each of your characters?

Maetriks
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 10:05:22 AM

@god said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

@maetriks What if, if you finish the 5k, you get a free T6 box for each of your characters?

Hell to the no. You'd have to get me some real life rewards to even get me to consider that level of activity.

Edited to add: I work retail... You have no idea the amount of running around I have to do on a REGULAR basis to begin with.

Losus
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 11:56:44 AM

Lol well those that wanted to do the 5k could (optional) and we would have an additional decadent breakfast outing

Mogonis
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 1:22:07 PM

Can you PM us the name the reservation is under?

Maetriks
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 1:30:32 PM

He already said Daniel, I think.

Mogonis
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 1:35:26 PM

There could be others! Do we say, "The Daniel party. The one with all the nerds?"

0zymandius
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 2:20:07 PM

We're on the calendar they keep at the front desk, with the name Daniel. Shouldn't be any issue?

0zymandius
Friday, October 13th, 2017, 11:44:24 PM

The wife and I had a lot of fun meeting everyone tonight, thanks all for coming out!

Mogonis
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:03:51 AM

Me too! It was cool to meet everyone. 5/5 STARS WOULD DO AGAIN

Sabotage
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:08:10 AM

I had a great time, glad everyone enjoyed themselves as well. Always fun meeting people who play the game. Will have to do it again sometime.

Maetriks
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:19:59 AM

Indeed! We had a blast and look forward to the next one.

Mogonis
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:25:58 AM

We should wreck a Dave & Busters somewhere.

Sabotage
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:26:43 AM

Oh shit, I would be down for that!

Maetriks
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:27:48 AM

Well... since you mentioned it... Jason and I were actually talking about trying to convince people to come to the one in Short Pump...

viekn
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:44:25 AM

@mogonis said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

We should wreck a Dave & Busters somewhere.

I suggest anyone going to a D&B's bring a flask. Last time I went I got full on beer before I felt a thing and still spent $50.

Mogonis
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:46:23 AM

Well... since you mentioned it... Jason and I were actually talking about trying to convince people to come to the one in Short Pump...

Heh, I had my 30th birthday party there. It's not the best D&B, but it gets the job done. I will ruin you at air hockey (they had/have a four-way air hockey table).

0zymandius
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 7:18:13 AM

I can ruin a D&B. Just sayin. And I'll eat your soul at air hockey.

(Which is a nice way of saying we'd be down for D&B as our next meetup).

Losus
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 8:06:21 AM

Oh and I could convince my wife to come to that and short of another family tragedy we would be there

God
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 10:06:36 AM

If we can make a day of it instead of a couple hours for dinner I may convince myself to drive down as well. :)

Kronius
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 10:26:39 AM

@god said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

If we can make a day of it instead of a couple hours for dinner I may convince myself to drive down as well. :)

+1 to this. A full day of D&B and perhaps some bar hopping afterward I'd make the trip to Richmond. Probably stay the night somewhere, 3.5 hour trek for me from up north.

Maetriks
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 10:44:18 AM

I'm fairly certain we can make this a thing. There's a LOT to do in Short Pump. I've only barely scratched the surface because I work in that area. I don't see an issue with it being an all day thing, except I know I personally will be working a lot of hours in the coming months (you know, like I don't already) with it being the holidays. I won't be able to personally commit to an all day gathering until... Mid-January, I want to say.

Mogonis
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 10:53:10 AM

We should float the James next summer! Now that's fun (if it isn't too shallow).

We could also do King's Dominion.

Maetriks
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 10:56:42 AM

Float the James? Sorry, I'm afraid of brain eating ameobas in non-chlorinated fresh water.

Mogonis
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 11:01:53 AM

As long as you don't do it right after a big rain, you're fine! It's a nice river. We had a whole tube dedicated to beer that we tied to our tubes. If you try not to go too fast, you can spend 4-6 hours on the river. It's awesome.

Kronius
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 11:48:51 AM

Come north a bit and tube Harper's Ferry in WV/VA/MD, you can tube all day long for cheap, they just bring you up and around again.

allereli
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 12:03:37 PM

@kronius said in VA meetup in Fredricksburg:

Come north a bit and tube Harper's Ferry in WV/VA/MD, you can tube all day long for cheap, they just bring you up and around again.

that river is so crowded and full of dipshits

Necios
Monday, October 16th, 2017, 10:27:21 PM

@mogonis I am always down for any kind of roller coaster experience.

Losus
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, 9:18:15 PM

@Necios well buy two bottles of wine and give them to my wife. Wildest roller coaster out there!

Sabotage
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, 9:52:27 PM

@losus ....and we get to ride that rollercoaster?

Necios
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, 11:25:47 PM

@Sabotage lol speak for yourself @Losus (no offense to your wife)

Sabotage
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, 11:40:21 PM

@necios alt text

Mogonis
Tuesday, October 17th, 2017, 11:58:26 PM

You asked if you/we could ride his wife, haha. Classic Sabotage.

Sabotage
Wednesday, October 18th, 2017, 12:02:41 AM

@mogonis To be fair, he offered!

Losus
Wednesday, October 18th, 2017, 2:34:18 AM

@Necios none taken

@Sabotage if you can navigate that emotional pipe bomb once bottle two is down then you have my blessing haha