Show off your alter!

viekn
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 10:36:47 PM

Thought I'd start a thread for people to show off the alters they just got, or maybe an old one you're proud of.

I'll start it off with the dagger Siolan just made me. I had the idea of it being a dark double bladed spike, and she took it from there and completely did the show herself. I was quite pleased with the end result...

A dark matte double-bladed spike Show: The nature of the weapon's metal is hidden beneath a blackening that has rendered it dark and matte in finish to ensure minimal reflection of light. Likewise, the handle is onyx, contoured to fit snugly in the hand and textured for grip. From each end, a slip of a blade curves out, arched in opposite directions to create a sinuous, but deadly line. Each length of blade is double-edged and razor sharp, affording a wielder skillful enough to inflict damage coming and going on each and every strike.

Obsalyn
Sunday, August 13th, 2017, 11:16:04 PM

this was one I liked a lot and loaned it to someone who isn't around anymore

A vine etched vultite falchion The length of the crimson vultite blade is etched with a meandering rose vine intertwined with delicate runes of love. Nestled at the hilt of the blade is a perfect ornate vultite rose, petals fanned out and opened. Verdant green vultite vines and thorns support the rose arching down to the base of the pommel forming the handguard. A helix-faceted ruby tops the pommel glinting with the deepest shade of red in the form of a heart.

and this is a weapon I still actually have

A witchwood hafted eonake waraxe Deeply chiseled into the blade of the axe is the image of a moon. The grooves have been charred black, causing the image to stand out. Lightly etched into the moon, almost unnoticeable, are the tracings of a rose. Embedded into the haft is a helix-faceted ruby carved into the shape of a pentagram. Blackened wires of veniom outline the pentagram and continue to swirl around the grip. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

Destrier
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 11:11:47 AM

Faendryl Moon daggers

an austere dark crescent dagger, This sleek crescent dagger has a dark hue much like the night sky. As ambient light touches its sleek blade, flashes of gold seem to radiate outward. Polished strips of veil iron have been wrapped around the molded hilt, and blend in seamlessly with the sharp edge of the dagger. You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph. Two spherical depressions adorn the dark crescent dagger, approximately the size and shape of a small gem. The chambers currently hold a dusky moonlit silver orb, and a wraith-marked hoarfrost white orb.

a red-streaked black crescent dagger The surface of the dagger begins to swirl with streaks of crimson until the entire blade is washed with the bloody hue, then glows brightly with the sickly color as the night. You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph. A faint aura of holy light radiates from the dagger. Two spherical depressions adorn the black crescent dagger, approximately the size and shape of a small gem. The chambers currently hold a shining hoarfrost white orb, and a shining hoarfrost white orb.

a burnt-amber crescent dagger This wavy crescent dagger has a fiery hue swirling within the folds of metal. As its blade meets darkness, flashes of orange seem to radiate outward. Polished strips of veil iron have been wrapped around the molded hilt and blend in seamlessly with the sharp edge of the dagger. A faint aura of holy light radiates from the dagger. Two spherical depressions adorn the crescent dagger, approximately the size and shape of a small gem. The chambers currently hold a rich sunset orange orb, and an arrow-marked cardinal red orb.

a silvery white crescent dagger Showing trace vestiges of the hammer-blows that shaped it, the dagger's ivory-hued surface echoes the craters and valleys that are Liabo's signature. Somehow, its dimpled surface captures traces of the ambient light and transfixes the blade with a pale, golden glow all its own. You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph. A faint aura of holy light radiates from the dagger. Two spherical depressions adorn the white crescent dagger, approximately the size and shape of a small gem. The chambers currently hold a rich sunset orange orb, and a swirling cardinal red orb.

Alenix
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 9:00:43 AM

Had a great time when Siolan showed up as well. She made this for me in the course of the night. The concept originated from the dagger that Loki used in the "American Gods" book. Right now it's -2x, but I'm working on bringing it to a positive enchant.

a silver-grey wooden dagger

l dag Carved of a single piece of silvery-hued ash, the blade is uniform and narrowly tapered to a fine point. The quillons flare out dramatically from above the hilt, expertly crafted to represent two serpents bearing their fangs. The ebon leather-wrapped hilt terminates with an large bronze coin depicting a macabre grinning skull on each face. You see nothing unusual, except for a small enchanter's glyph.

Sabotage
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 9:13:26 AM

a suit of sleek black fullplate armor veined with dark crimson eahnor

clench armor

The eahnor veins of your armor pulse once before fading to black. Tendrils of shadow suddenly begin to writhe along the pauldrons and rise into the air for a moment, taking the form of the head of a black drake, its eyes glowing eahnor red. Moments later the shadows are gone, and your armor has returned to normal.

rub armor

The eahnor veins of your armor seem to pulse with life for a brief moment, the crimson alloy appearing to flow like thin streams of blood across the glossy black surface of the plate.

Dhyne moods really is the best thing ever.

a charred halfling skin satchel

The halfling skin satchel is covered in darkly scorched burn marks across the opening and base, with sooty fingerprints blotched haphazardly along the sides. Gleaming electrum beadwork traces the seams, the metallic accents swirling into loosely coiled spirals that center around brilliant crimson rubies.

Roblar
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 4:57:45 PM

@sabotage said in Show off your alter!:

a suit of sleek black fullplate armor veined with dark crimson eahnor

clench armor

The eahnor veins of your armor pulse once before fading to black. Tendrils of shadow suddenly begin to writhe along the pauldrons and rise into the air for a moment, taking the form of the head of a black drake, its eyes glowing eahnor red. Moments later the shadows are gone, and your armor has returned to normal.

rub armor

The eahnor veins of your armor seem to pulse with life for a brief moment, the crimson alloy appearing to flow like thin streams of blood across the glossy black surface of the plate.

Dhyne moods really is the best thing ever.

a charred halfling skin satchel

The halfling skin satchel is covered in darkly scorched burn marks across the opening and base, with sooty fingerprints blotched haphazardly along the sides. Gleaming electrum beadwork traces the seams, the metallic accents swirling into loosely coiled spirals that center around brilliant crimson rubies.

I really like that Dhyne rub and the satchel ha

idlewanderlust
Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, 11:02:51 PM

Modded a banner from Frontier Days to a Fraying Scorched Red Banner with the following show: Scored and fraying, soot mars the red of this banner. A scorch mark streaks across the crest of Mestanir. The gold-capped pole, however, is well cared for. Polished tanik wood serves as a stable base for the damaged fabric.