Trading bonus problems

Ososis
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 11:10:45 AM

Starting this thread so I can start figuring out exactly how the removal of trading bonus works. I know the powers that be said that they wanted to keep it vague so it couldn't be abused but the fact is I am getting SCREWED constantly by this mechanic.

ALL of my gems and loot are self found. All of them. Yet whenever I do a big sell off I get 0% bonus from either my trading, inf, or citizenship. Clearly something is happening to flag my loot.

I will be looking into the matter as best I can, and looking into a couple issues.

A: Is the "week" based on lumnis

B: Does the toon killing/looting/picking up have a bearing on the "self loot" flag

C: Does storing items in jars, lockers, or with a mule cause them to become "not self-loot"

I am currently getting 0% bonus (verified by equal offers in Mule and Landing) and my lumnis will be resetting in 12 hours so I should be able to test the lumnis week at least.

allereli
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 11:18:05 AM

The adjustment was only for characters selling treasure that another character generated.

If you're having problems that you can prove you should probably include a log and post it on the officials, or tag a GM, or assist and get a referral.

Ososis
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 11:30:12 AM

But the adjustment is affecting me, so either there is a bug, my concept of "self generated" is inaccurate, or the flag can get corrupted somehow through my gem jar hoarding.

I'm not sure how to log and prove this other than by taking the steps I mentioned and determining when I get the bonus refreshed, then focusing my hunting/looting/storage for that week to see what causes it to disappear.

My gut assumes either jarring is the issue, or the killing blow dictates loot so when I hunt with a group and do all looting and loot split I am cutting into my bonus.

allereli
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 11:31:10 AM

I didn't say it wasn't, I gave you the methods to get it properly reported.

Ososis
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 11:35:18 AM

You said, and I agree, I should get better details than just "where my bonus at?". I am not reporting anything, as this is not the place or method for that, I am creating a thread about the issue to see if others have some thoughts and to post my findings on the issue.

Ragz
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 11:36:13 AM

You just need one gem looted from a creature you killed and one jar (plus your mule) to resolve several of these questions. You're shorting yourself the fun derived from the process of discovery by asking a GM!

Ososis
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 12:04:51 PM

@ragz said in Trading bonus problems:

You just need one gem looted from a creature you killed and one jar (plus your mule) to resolve several of these questions. You're shorting yourself the fun derived from the process of discovery by asking a GM!

I wish it were that easy! As I understand the change, you can sell 1M in "non-self generated loot" before your entire bonus (trading+citizenship) is removed for ALL loot. So after finding the start point I will need to do 1M in specific loot to see if I lose the bonus :(

But I agree with the joy of discovery! This is not stickiest quagmire I have waded into!

rolfard
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 1:37:26 PM

Kill something. Generate a gem. Appraise gem. Jar gem. Appraise gem. Jar gem + locker jar. Appraise gem. Pass the gem (in a jar/not in a jar) to a toon and appraise it, pass it back. Repeat until you find the variable.

Ososis
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 1:41:10 PM

@rolfard said in Trading bonus problems:

Kill something. Generate a gem. Appraise gem. Jar gem. Appraise gem. Jar gem + locker jar. Appraise gem. Pass the gem (in a jar/not in a jar) to a toon and appraise it, pass it back. Repeat until you find the variable.

The trade bonus will only turn off after 1M in "bad" sales. I won't be able to see a difference in any individual gem until I cross that threshold. I am checking bonus by price checking in Mule and Wehnimer's. If the prices match, I am getting 0 bonus.

Ragz
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 1:53:16 PM

@ososis If you're really looking to do some experimentation you can sell gem sacks from HoA's Reim run tonight, ~9:45-10pm est is when we'll have the sacks ready to go. That ought to max out your "bad" loot benefit for the week.

Ososis
Monday, August 14th, 2017, 2:09:18 PM

@ragz

Oh that's a GREAT idea! I could utilize the Reim hunt to test out some theories in short order instead of having to do it myself over the week. That would save me from having to compartmentalizing the different aspects of my game play that may have an effect, and doing only THAT till I get 1M in loot.

Assuming it will reset on lumnis I won't be ready today.

Gizmo
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 12:13:41 PM

This brings a question to my head, being new to Bards still to this day as they are one of the few professions I never bothered reading up on...

But this whole non-self-generated loot ordeal, how would this come into play for those who purchase gems in bulk from others and this whole 1milion cap thing?

rolfard
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 12:28:04 PM

What about those niche groups who hunt MA, kills are spread out across numerous characters, one character does the looting, is the gem tagged at that point?

Then that container full of gems from the MA group are passed to a bard to purify, are the gems retagged for the bard now?

Then that container full of purified gems is passed to someone with a gem chisel (*chiseled gems don't fit in jars) to boost value, are the gems retagged for that character now?

Ragz
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 1:18:25 PM

I've also heard that the 1mil cap relates to the profit margin. So with a 20% trading boost in a neutral bias town without citizenship you'd need to sell 5mil in raw sales to reach the 1mil cap.

I looked, briefly, for clarification, but didn't immediately find any. Does anyone have any saved posts to reference on this?

Evarin
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 1:22:11 PM

The GMs are being tight lipped on this matter. I don't think they've ever gone on record about capping self-found loot, just other-found loot.

Ragz
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 1:25:26 PM

@evarin and what have they said about other-loot?

Ososis
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 1:56:23 PM

@ragz

I believe the wiki implies total sales. I certainly don't turn 5m a week and I doubt I get 20% bonus.

Recent finding: Lumnis does not reset bonus Monday does not reset bonus.

Ososis
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 2:04:11 PM

@gizmo said in Trading bonus problems:

This brings a question to my head, being new to Bards still to this day as they are one of the few professions I never bothered reading up on...

But this whole non-self-generated loot ordeal, how would this come into play for those who purchase gems in bulk from others and this whole 1milion cap thing?

buying gems from others should be considered "bad" loot and add to your 1M bonus total. I haven't played with this (or anything since my boost has yet to refresh) but that is my assumption.

Current working ideas on reset is

A:1 week from when you first sell "bad" loot

B:1 week from when you hit your 1M limit.

Lochiven
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 5:44:09 PM

What race is your character Ososis?

Ososis
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:00:59 PM

@lochiven giantfolk. Shouldn't have any effect between landing and mule, but because I trust nothing I will add Solhaven to the cycle to be more certain I'm not getting any difference.

Lochiven
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:13:04 PM

Ok let me know if I missed any details. You are giantkin and I assume a citizen of Icemule. Your appraisals in Landing and Icemule come up with the same value which leads you to believe you aren't benefiting from trade skill+INF(racial modifier of 0 in each city). For science sake, have another character with a 0 racial modifier and the same trading % as you appraise. I think you're assuming you get a citizenship bonus and because landing/icemule gives same value you think you are penalized. Someone about a year ago posted a handful of times on the officials about a citizenship bonus for selling being turned off and it was met with a little discussion but mostly crickets, and certainly no official word. I also had always assumed you got 5% for selling in your own city, after his/her post I went and confirmed with my human and half elf citizens in solhaven with equal trading bonus. I then confirmed in landing with my citizen/non citizen half elves.

Ososis
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:22:10 PM

@lochiven

Citizen of the landing but I don't think it matters.

So when you say you "confirmed", you mean that you received the same price regardless of citizenship?

Lochiven
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:32:19 PM

Correct, in those few towns I went and tried it (after the poster brought it up) there was no difference from citizenship. I only tried a few scenarios before I lost interest...since I didn't have citizens in RR, ZL, TI, TV, or teras to go and test. And...after writing that man I need to branch out a little bit more. That's 5 whole cities I don't even pretend to care about!

Roblar
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 7:40:02 PM

This is true, you will see a drop in Solhaven as a giantman (at least when I buy/sell from pawnshop - I don't go for gems).

IMT citizen and Landing and IMT are the same.

Ososis
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 8:20:33 PM

@lochiven

Well that's a horse of a different color!

Cigger
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 10:00:47 AM

when you get an appraisal of item or bag of stuff in one town, doesn't that lock the object into a fixed price? so if i get a bag of gems appraised in FWI, then take it to Solhaven, they're going to have the same appraisal value

rolfard
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 10:02:52 AM

I am able to appraise in two towns with a dark elf and get 2 different price quotes. FWI is always better since they revamped it to be the same bonus for all races across the board. Only place in the lands a dark elf can get a decent deal...

Sabotage
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 10:15:07 AM

@rolfard We need our own space. With blackjack and hookers. Also capped hunting.

Evarin
Thursday, August 17th, 2017, 11:26:12 AM

@ragz said in Trading bonus problems:

@evarin and what have they said about other-loot?

As far as I know, only what was said in that thread where Whirlin first brought the stealth nerf to light. Someone else chimed in during the thread to say it also applies to self-found loot after a certain point, but I don't know where he got that information. Not saying he's wrong, just that I can't find the GM quote.