Duskruin Viability / Strategy for UAC Cleric?

0zymandius
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 9:52:39 AM

Oubar is currently a level 31 UAC trained cleric, and with Duskruin on the horizon, I'm curious if his build is viable in the Arena, or if I should plan on spending my time in the Sewers. Anyone on here gone this route previously?

I've got 5x flaring gear, and generally travel with a full spate of Wizard spells in addition to my own. Even at that, though, sometimes hunting just a bit over my head gets problematic, and from what I understand, in the Arena you face 'champions' of some sort, who are noticeably tougher than your level.

I'll probably be giving it a go regardless, but thought I'd see if anyone has gone this route already and how they fared.

Ashraam VanEyre
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 10:29:55 AM

From my experience, you need to be able to kill targets VERY quickly to get a decent chunk of BS in the arena. A UAC cleric will be sub-optimal at speed killing.

My UAC warmage does fine in there, but he attacks with 1s RT and has better disable tools as well as better UAF options.

To try it you will need to do the following: 1. Get as many +UAF bonuses as you can manage (211, 215 + 509, 606, 1606, 1209, and 1109 - if possible). These will greatly increase your chance to land your blows. 2. Try and mix in some celerity consumables. You can jab/punch/grapple in 1s and kick in 2s without any air lore if you use celerity (506) consumables. However, it will have a cooldown for non-wizards. That 60 seconds of speed attacks will be very useful! You could likely get away with using 506 twice in a single round as a non-wizard.

Nothing will be undead in the arena, so you won't be able to use 301, and if you're a smite cleric, your 302 will suck as well.

Additionally, you're fairly low in levels, so odds are high that you won't be able to max out the arena. This is a place that greatly benefits from enhancive utilization and outside consumables. Don't forget to do the arena mechanics (watching your opponent). Good luck!

0zymandius
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 1:37:36 PM

@ashraam-vaneyre I appreciate the insight! Quick kills are definitely not Oubar's thing... though I do have scrolls for all the non-native spells you mentioned. Maybe I'll gear up and give it a go. A little birdie told me that while the Sewers generate MORE 'stuff', the Arena's single piece of 'stuff' is usually a bit better... plus the whole double the bloodscrip thing had me wondering if that was feasible for me.

Thanks again!

Roblar
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 4:08:11 PM

@0zymandius said in Duskruin Viability / Strategy for UAC Cleric?:

@ashraam-vaneyre I appreciate the insight! Quick kills are definitely not Oubar's thing... though I do have scrolls for all the non-native spells you mentioned. Maybe I'll gear up and give it a go. A little birdie told me that while the Sewers generate MORE 'stuff', the Arena's single piece of 'stuff' is usually a bit better... plus the whole double the bloodscrip thing had me wondering if that was feasible for me.

Thanks again!

The single prize is rarely better. I don't think the random find is weighted any more than the sewers. In fact, seems to be less than.

Also the bloodscrip is not double but about 150 to 250 at this point (not counting new caches the sewers can find).

Overall, the sewers have gotten alot of nice things going for it. Speed, more random finds, moonshards (vs pendant) that can also be additional bloodscrip or the most valuable drop out of that system, blood runes, cache, and whatever new things for this run.

The 3 on 3 is the biggest change in awhile in the arena mechanics, (outside pendant and automaton drops which are less mechanical and more loot-based), so we'll see how they possibly change game strategy.

Leafiara
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 4:32:08 PM

I'm hoping for a lot from the team battles myself since I really don't want to fixskill into a Duskruin bot for two weeks.

beldannon5
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017, 4:55:18 PM

i am looking forward to some team battles, also single ones of course