Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:23:10 AM

Okay, the mailer has a different segment when it comes to how we communicate there, so I understand it leaves a lot to be known still. Let me try to answer a few things.

Scrip Shop

• Everything in this shop scales in price. You will now see the quantity of items that are left for sale when you appraise an item.

• The weapons and armor from last time are returning.

• The enchanting potions have been reduced to 10 charges, and their prices have been adjusted to reflect that.

• The coraesine relic is 500,000 bloodscrip and only 2 will be for sale.

These are the certificates for sale this time. The certificates all have pertinent information when you READ them. Some have some prerequisites. Prices not listed are the same as last run.

• a multi-colored greater element document (upgrade a flaring weapon to a greater elemental flare), 30,000 bloodscrip) NEW
  • a yellowed rotflare contract (limit of 5, 250,000 bloodscrip) NEW
  • a violet permabless note (limit of 5, 250,000 bloodscrip) NEW
  • a master instrument sheet (50,000 bloodscrip) NEW
  • a white undead bane permit (limit of 5, 400,000 bloodscrip)
  • a black weight reducing stub
  • a dark de-fusion certificate
  • a bleached ironwright contract
  • a maroon knockout flare debenture
  • a cyan polearm flare debenture
  • an opaque bubble flare debenture
  • a brown open acuity ticket
  • a puce flat acuity ticket
  • a golden open mana deed
  • a silvery flat mana deed
  • a grey target defense voucher

• Weighting, Padding, and Sighting

The new weighting, padding, and sighting updates will be debuting at Duskruin. Our Development team will talk more about that when it gets launched. Due to it being brand new, it's going to be slightly delayed after the opening of Duskruin. Don't worry though, there are no time-based limits involved with how we're offering this service. You will be limited to having an item worked on 25 times under the new system.

You will earn an invite by participating and winning in the arena. Having a perfect run will also greatly improve your odds of getting an invite. Invitations do not stack, but you can earn another invite after using one. Invites are not a tangible item nor can they be traded.

We plan on having a way to appraise costs before going into the smithy so you know exactly what you're getting yourself involved with.

Bloodforge

• The bloodforge will be temporarily closed until the weighting, padding, and sighting updates are live.

Spellbound X/day

• With the updates to MIU, we're featuring offensive spells this time.

Spell Cost * Bind (214) 10,000 * Divine Fury (317) 20,000 * Elemental Wave (410) 15,000 * Sleep (501) 10,000 * Cold Snap (512) 15,000 * Immolation (519) 20,000 * Spike Thorn (616) 20,000 * Mana Disruption (702) 15,000 * Dark Catalyst (719) 20,000 * Earthen Fury (917) 20,000 * Bone Shatter (1106) 20,000 * Force Projection (1207) 10,000 * Thought Lash (1210) 15,000

Epic Deepening and Lightening

• This service will be offered again over the course of the event for the same price points.

Wyrom, PM

Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory

Evarin
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:30:44 AM

Really, really hoping those Spellbound items are in addition to the old ones, and not replacing them. I'm guessing i'm wrong, though.

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:33:17 AM

overpriced again

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:33:44 AM

@Wyrom

I hate to say it but this is a very disappointing list.

a multi-colored greater element document (upgrade a flaring weapon to a greater elemental flare), 30,000 bloodscrip) a yellowed rotflare contract (limit of 5, 250,000 bloodscrip) a violet permabless note (limit of 5, 250,000 bloodscrip) a white undead bane permit (limit of 5, 400,000 bloodscrip)

As a quick complaint - none of these allow for anything but the best of the best to be worked on because of the pricing. Who is going to spend 250 million (Your 1000:1 pricing) or 375 million silvers (BS market price today) to permabless anything below 10x perfect, and even at 10x perfect it's way overpriced. Why aren't these offered at a scaling price so lower enchant/not already maxed out gear can be added to?

Spellbound X/day * With the updates to MIU, we’re featuring offensive spells this time.

Just... no. Most of that list can be obtained via 420. I see very few, if any people paying those prices for those spells. I want access to useful things. If this was the reason for the MIU updates, that coding time was a waste and would have been better spent on offering scaling pricing for upgrades for all the things offered. (Like the things I listed above)

Ashraam VanEyre
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:41:54 AM

@Wyrom when you say "The new weighting, padding, and sighting updates will be debuting at Duskruin", is that just referring to the scaling price, or is this the new weighting / padding / sighting slot that no longer conflicts with flares or blessings?

Also, why the price jump on rot flares. Weren't they offered at 175k before?

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:47:40 AM

@ashraam-vaneyre said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

@Wyrom when you say "The new weighting, padding, and sighting updates will be debuting at Duskruin", is that just referring to the scaling price, or is this the new weighting / padding / sighting slot that no longer conflicts with flares or blessings?

Also, why the price jump on rot flares. Weren't they offered at 175k before?

I would guess because it can go on most any weapon. Before it was set to a specific runestaff. I wish they would get away from this.

A service adds a certain value and the base item shouldn't play this big a part in it.

allereli
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:00:11 AM

https://gswiki.play.net/DuskruinArena/August2017prizelist

Wyrom
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:02:26 AM

Keep in mind, the High End Scrip Shop is less than 1% of the items available at Duskruin.

I'm keeping most questions/answers to the officials to prevent a lot of back and forth though.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:10:46 AM

@wyrom said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

Keep in mind, the High End Scrip Shop is less than 1% of the items available at Duskruin.

I'm keeping most questions/answers to the officials to prevent a lot of back and forth though.

The high end scrip shop is why I saved 160k bloodscrip from the last run. It's also why I planned to spend $1000 during this run, but now it doesn't seem to be worth it to go big.

At the very least, I'd like to see the multi-setting teleporters offered again so I actually have something to buy.

My goals for this event were padding 6x HCP armor to MCP, adding permabless to a 5x handaxe (Which is now way out of the range of possibility due to lack of gear scaling), a multi-setting teleporter (preferably a 12 setting) or AS/TD spells from spellbound.

Instead, we get the same gear offered last run (which is useless to me), 4 new certificates (which are priced to only consider the best of the best - and still super expensive) and spells that can be obtained via 420 and are largely useless to those outside of the class with access to the spell.

Evarin
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:17:57 AM

Do those X per day spells replace the old ones?

Yes.

there is no micro transaction about it.

Scrip Shop is less than a percent of the total items available at Duskruin. The High End Scrip Shop is tailored for macro trans.

Any word on the unlocking certs/services?

We added a bunch this time around. I have some in the Mar and Scar for some of my scripts. We'll continue to update scripts that work for these as time goes on.

Will the invites be delayed or will the services? It will make a difference when I decide to fight in the arena.

You can earn an invite the day Duskruin opens. You just might not be able to use it right away.

Re: Weighting/Padding

The system is completely revamped. I'll have you see the announcements when they go live, as those will clear up some things. You can then circle back here to see how it will apply to Duskruin.

Wyrom, PM

Evarin
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:19:00 AM

@alastir said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

@wyrom said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

The high end scrip shop is why I saved 160k bloodscrip from the last run. It's also why I planned to spend $1000 during this run, but now it doesn't seem to be worth it to go big.

At the very least, I'd like to see the multi-setting teleporters offered again so I actually have something to buy.

My goals for this event were padding 6x HCP armor to MCP, adding permabless to a 5x handaxe (Which is now way out of the range of possibility due to lack of gear scaling), a multi-setting teleporter (preferably a 12 setting) or AS/TD spells from spellbound.

Instead, we get the same gear offered last run (which is useless to me), 4 new certificates (which are priced to only consider the best of the best - and still super expensive) and spells that can be obtained via 420 and are largely useless to those outside of the class with access to the spell.

Really disappointed with the X per day changes. That one really, really stings.

allereli
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:23:04 AM

@evarin said in [Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017]

Really disappointed with the X per day changes. That one really, really stings.

request the specific item(s) you wanted for the next run when this run is over. The next run is probably not until April '18, but you never know, they might want to pad the yearly income.

Evarin
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:24:46 AM

@allereli said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

@evarin said in [Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017] Really disappointed with the X per day changes. That one really, really stings.

request the specific item(s) you wanted for the next run when this run is over. The next run is probably not until April '18, but you never know, they might want to pad the yearly income.

I think i'll have better luck earning a bunch of BS and attempting to use that to buy what I want from players. I will definitely make suggestions for upcoming runs, though.

allereli
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:26:24 AM

@evarin

Are you taking Evarin in?

Evarin
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:27:55 AM

@allereli said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

@evarin

Are you taking Evarin in?

Nope. A level 70ish Sorcerer. Won't do nearly as well, but still hopefully good enough to make a consistently high amount.

Evarin
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:29:05 AM

Did black ora or iasha unlocks make it to the unlock list?

Not at this time.

Wyrom, PM

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:57:01 AM

What flares work for...

Has to be a flare type recognized by the Greater Elemental flares script. Those are...

• Fire (Heat)
  • Ice (Cold)
  • Lightning (Electricity)
  • Earth (Impact)
  • Air (Steam)
  • Gravity (Vacuum)

Wyrom, PM

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 2:40:18 AM

@Wyrom Who does the pricing of this stuff? Cause they should stop doing it.

beldannon5
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 3:31:07 AM

700 dollars in books getting perfect runs in the arena for rotflares does seem very high if the calculations are correct.

Leafiara
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 5:21:59 AM

I'd love for Leafi to cast Spike Thorn for RP reasons and might buy one item just because of it, but something tells me that whatever the X in X/day is, it won't be enough to entice me to pay for multiples.

We'll see, though! The forest armor pricing seriously caught me off guard and is awesome, so there's hope.

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 5:49:03 AM

@leafiara need that pricing for voln armor

beldannon5
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 7:12:04 AM

hopefully they have cloak unlocks and shocklance unlocks things like that with the new unlock stuff

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 10:53:37 AM

Anyone knocking the pricing on the rotflares probably hasn't seen them in action yet.

I'll just leave this right here: https://pastebin.com/KZkhQmj5

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 10:54:56 AM

@sacru I've owned one, still think its high.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 10:56:29 AM

@sabotage it is a bit high, unattainable even, but I like that they're experimenting with prices in an upward direction rather than undervaluing. I'll put 100k silvers on a gentleman's bet that every one of those rotflare certs are sold.

I paid about the equivalent of 150m, or 225m in today's market, for mine. That's about on the high end of what I'd expect to pay for them, personally, and is a large jump from what others paid before that, but to each their own. Supply & demand.

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:01:58 AM

@sacru Is that the one I sold? 7x/6x? From drauz.

At the current evaluation of BS that 250k BS is 375m.

Alenix
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:02:06 AM

So this information puts me right out of any "high-end" services as we see them offered now. Could anyone direct me to what the "average" items available in the other shops would be? I'm questioning whether this would even be worth my limited investment abilities, or whether I should just skip this all together. I get the sense that for me, this is going to be a pass event and maybe save my pennies for another opportunity.

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:05:16 AM

@alenix https://gswiki.play.net/Bloodriven_Village

Most of this stuff is priced well and is very obtainable. It is the high end stuff that is overpriced.

Taernath
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:07:02 AM

@alenix said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

So this information puts me right out of any "high-end" services as we see them offered now. Could anyone direct me to what the "average" items available in the other shops would be? I'm questioning whether this would even be worth my limited investment abilities, or whether I should just skip this all together. I get the sense that for me, this is going to be a pass event and maybe save my pennies for another opportunity.

Regular, off-the-shelf stuff like 5x weapons are maybe 2500-3000k scrip, 4x gear and random containers are generally a few hundred. You're able to walk around the shops and look at stuff without having to buy passes.

Shop listing (as of the last DR):

https://gswiki.play.net/Bloodriven_Village

allereli
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:12:12 AM

@alenix said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

So far the most reasonable offering I've seen teased is forest armor, which it seems you'll be able to buy off the shelf and fully unlock one step at a time via certificates.

https://gswiki.play.net/Forest_armor

The big revamp of the shops usually happens in April, so the list that is on the BV page with some exceptions will likely not change too much. I've already moved the padding shop out.

https://gswiki.play.net/Bloodriven_Village

Alenix
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:20:21 AM

@Sabotage @Taernath Thanks! There might be some things that will help me out. We shall see.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:20:26 AM

@sabotage said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

@sacru Is that the one I sold? 7x/6x? From drauz.

This one is 6x/10x acuity, and in fact, no longer in my possession. Sold for the equivalent of about 350m. Lost a little on it, but not much.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:36:30 AM

@sabotage said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

Should also be mentioned that if you're acquiring the scrip directly, be it in the arena or sewers, it's going to be quite a bit less than that. The cost scenario you've described is high, because the value of player time is also a consideration. While I have bought some pre-DR script, I will be winning three times that amount in the arena, and I don't generally calculate in the value of my time on an hourly basis when I am playing a game for enjoyment... so I can't honestly say that the true cost to me is X cost of arena booklets + Hours x TimeValuePerHour, but rather simply that very same equation, minus ( Hours x GemStoneEnjoymentHourlyValue ), which kinda balances things out a bit.

viekn
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:49:01 AM

@sacru said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

Should also be mentioned that if you're acquiring the scrip directly, be it in the arena or sewers, it's going to be quite a bit less than that. The cost scenario you've described is high, because the value of player time is also a consideration. While I have bought some pre-DR script, I will be winning three times that amount in the arena, and I don't generally calculate in the value of my time on an hourly basis when I am playing a game for enjoyment... so I can't honestly say that the true cost to me is X cost of arena booklets + Hours x TimeValuePerHour, but rather simply that very same equation, minus ( Hours x GemStoneEnjoymentHourlyValue ), which kinda balances things out a bit.

Same here. I don't even do that great in the arena, but I'll do it enough myself to afford a couple of the forest armor unlock certs and a couple other odds and ends in the regular shops, then sell off any additional BS and items I find and probably either break even or come out ahead in the end.

Ashraam VanEyre
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:54:22 AM

250,000 bloodscrip is 20 booklets for anyone that can earn 12,500 bloodscrip per 50-count booklet. Let's say everyone makes mistakes, so you're probably going to average closer to 200 bloodscrip per run - or 10,000 bloodscrip per 50-count booklet. That's still only 25 books.

50-count booklets are going to run for around 7.5-8mil per booklet, That means it would cost your skilled player between 150-200mil. I'd say rot flares are valued for this much based on previous auctions, and silvers have gone down in value.

The next currency you spend is time. If you've figured out DR, you can actually accomplish this feat in 30-40 hours (that's what I would take me) over the next 10-15 days with 2 characters, or double that if you're only playing one character. It's entirely achievable.

That's the COST of the item. You could turn around and sell those 250,000 bloodscrip for a lot more silvers than it takes to obtain them. The value of the BS includes the amount spent to earn them, time it takes to earn them, and the convenience of getting BS without any effort - which is why 250,000 BS is -worth- 375mil silvers, but it doesn't cost 375mil silvers to farm.

Sabotage
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:05:15 PM

@ashraam-vaneyre Its still around $700 if you purchase the books yourself and do it yourself.

And as you say it would take 1 character roughly 60-80 hrs to complete. You know just a second full time job for 2 weeks.

Evarin
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:07:09 PM

@ashraam-vaneyre Its still around $700 if you purchase the books yourself and do it yourself.

And as you say it would take 1 character roughly 60-80 hrs to complete. You know just a second full time job for 2 weeks.

It's not a full time job, it's a FUN time job!

Ordim
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:20:51 PM

@sacru said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

@sabotage it is a bit high, unattainable even, but I like that they're experimenting with prices in an upward direction rather than undervaluing. I'll put 100k silvers on a gentleman's bet that every one of those rotflare certs are sold.

I paid about the equivalent of 150m, or 225m in today's market, for mine. That's about on the high end of what I'd expect to pay for them, personally, and is a large jump from what others paid before that, but to each their own. Supply & demand.

Of course they will sell, and simutronics knows it. They are whores for money, trading balance for cash. Make no mistake. A people will pay, because you can't reasonably get it any other way.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:21:56 PM

The cost scenario I used is what the current market value is. - BS is currently being bought/sold at 1500 per.

Yes, you can "earn" it for a lesser amount, but that doesn't negate the fact that it's "worth" is higher than what you spent.

Ashraam VanEyre
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:25:08 PM

That's why I've figured out how to earn 250BS per run on two characters. I would do it on a 3rd character if I wasn't too cheap to buy the $3.50 society pass for one of my F2P accounts...

Wyrom
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:28:20 PM

@Luxelle, can @Evarin have the quote of the week for...

@evarin said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

It's not a full time job, it's a FUN time job!

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:32:37 PM

@Wyrom - Are we going to be limited to adding 1 point of weighting/padding at each Duskruin run?

Ordim
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:35:52 PM

they said you could use the service 25 times on one item in one of the posts.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:39:17 PM

@ordim said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

It's in the original post that there is a service limit of 25 times.

But I'm hearing that you can only do 1 service per event. And based upon the "25 times" it leads one to believe that you'll be adding 1 point per time.

Ordim
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:41:17 PM

The weighting padding was removed from the high end scrip shop to its own area. You can only get 1 service PER ITEM per run from the high end shop, much to my dismay each run. So you cant buy a permabless and rotflares at the same time for hte same item. Or even an acuity + rotflares for the same item etc.

ArchSenex
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 12:54:06 PM

@ashraam-vaneyre

Most of the hardcore DR farmers average closer to 248 or so per run. 200 is way low for serious farming.

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:01:37 PM

@alastir said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

The cost scenario I used is what the current market value is. - BS is currently being bought/sold at 1500 per.

Yes, you can "earn" it for a lesser amount, but that doesn't negate the fact that it's "worth" is higher than what you spent.

Right, and if I'd bought a couple thousand dollars in bitcoin seven years ago, I'd be a multi-millionaire. Instead I spent the last seven years working 14hr days 365 days a year building a business on blood, sweat, toil, and tears. I prefer the latter.

As far as the bloodscip is concerned -- a soft pillow to absorb one's sorrows, the prospect of quadrupling a dollar investment or quartering cost by competing skillfully in the arena, surely is.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:07:12 PM

10k weapon, 5k first unlock, 25k second unlock, 50k final unlock.

For this run there will be no hard cap on the second unlock. The limit of T3s is up to 5 now. T2 and T3 unlocks will still scale.

Retser, ASGM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/7132

Sacru
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:07:49 PM

@ordim said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

It's in the original post that there is a service limit of 25 times.

But I'm hearing that you can only do 1 service per event. And based upon the "25 times" it leads one to believe that you'll be adding 1 point per time.

This is a point of confusion for me as well. Everyone I've asked has said that if I get a cert from the high-end shop, I will not be able to add weighting. I'd like to do both, but still a bit confused on whether that will be an option with the automation aspect. Will the weighting still be considered a "service", even though it's been automated? Automated service?

Ordim
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:12:45 PM

If the services of the certs from the high end shop and the weighting/padding are linked together under that 1 service rule I will riot. And not glam rock quiet riot. Like shit my pants and throw a hissy fit riot.

Alastir
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:13:15 PM

X/day spells...

ASHRAAM They had better be like 20x a day to be useful...

They all are.

GameMaster Estild

ArchSenex
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:23:26 PM

I haven't seen any official statement they are linked, and the 25 time limit implies strongly that they aren't.

Ordim
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:25:52 PM

Yeah, that's what I've been operating under because the alternative is too mind blowing to believe.

allereli
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:39:29 PM

Maybe learn to not operate under any assumption when a new system is being released and we've gotten very few details.

Leafiara
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:43:04 PM

20x/day? Well... Shoot, now I kinda feel like buying 7-10 Spike Thorn items and just chalking it up as 168m to 240m for a 616 spell knowledge item that never needs recharging and doesn't even need my mana.

(These X/day items do work that way, right--each individual item is 20x/day and you can stack multiples? ...and 616 isn't a spell rangers can imbue, is it?)

Ordim
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:49:57 PM

Maybe learn to not operate under any assumption when a new system is being released and we've gotten very few details.

I think this just highlights other problems. The opening of Duskruin is always a rush to get reasonably priced services before scaling is turned on. If doing so locks you out of using another service, that was advertised as being moved to its own separate area and automated but not being advertised as part of the 1 service per item rule (a long-standing rule of the high end scrip shop) then that's just incredibly poor communication on the part of Simutronics. Locking out items like that would do little to help drain BS and only incur more anger from the people who are involved in those sales. There's been a lot of unhappy discourse on the officials between this and EG changes, adding to it with something like that would only make it worse.

Wyrom
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 1:57:52 PM

If the services of the certs from the high end shop and the weighting/padding are linked together under that 1 service rule I will riot. And not glam rock quiet riot. Like shit my pants and throw a hissy fit riot.

That's the normal reaction. Go deeper.

Ordim
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 2:03:00 PM

I'm a simple man, I shit my pants with my own anus just like anyone else.

ArchSenex
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 6:54:56 PM

I'm a simple man, I shit my pants with my own anus just like anyone else.

Trust me, the world is so much better when you can pay other people to let you shit in their pants.

Mogonis
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:24:52 PM

Will the weighting/padding smithy cost silver or bloodscrip?

Wyrom
Friday, August 18th, 2017, 11:53:25 PM

Bloodscrip.

Mogonis
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 12:06:36 AM

Can you tease us with some estimated costs?

Wyrom
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 12:23:53 AM

Let me see what I can do.

allereli
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 12:43:23 AM

Bloodscrip.

if this is not going to be offered at EG anymore, this is another example of alternate currencies taking the place of silvers. I'm not trying to get on your case, just trying to explain why some people might be upset.

ETA: I meant the SLAB GENERATOR

ArchSenex
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:44:24 AM

Bloodscrip.

if this is not going to be offered at EG anymore, this is another example of alternate currencies taking the place of silvers. I'm not trying to get on your case, just trying to explain why some people might be upset.

I thought the certs previously cost bloodscrip, so this is no different. And it didn't take the place of the service at other venues before.

Ordim
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:45:59 AM

I think she means the slab generator

allereli
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:46:40 AM

@archsenex said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

Bloodscrip.

I thought the certs previously cost bloodscrip, so this is no different. And it didn't take the place of the service at other venues before.

oh w/ smithy I was thinking of the forge where you get the slabs

Alastir
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:49:21 AM

@archsenex said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

Bloodscrip.

oh w/ smithy I was thinking of the forge where you get the slabs

Smithy is padding/weighting - but the slab generator is only taking bloodscrip as well.

ArchSenex
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 1:54:37 AM

Ah, ok. Well then yeah, but from the sound of it it's just an addition, not a movement of the service.

Evarin
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 10:23:06 AM

QUOTE from GM Haliste via Discord:

Haliste - Today at 9:58 AM Ummm. Looks like I stuck that entrance in a place you can't access yet! Whoops? Should be fixed now.

(Meaning Forest Armor should now be available for purchase)

Luxelle
Saturday, August 19th, 2017, 10:56:23 PM

@Luxelle, can @Evarin have the quote of the week for...

... mebbe ...

Mogonis
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 5:43:10 AM

Two 50ct booklets and no smithy invitation for me. Maybe next time.

darconas
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 7:14:37 AM

I just got one. Here's the data point to help others -

1) you don't need perfect 250 scrips - i ended at 247 2) may require finishing - i completed all 25 3) timing - don't recall the time i completed this one

overall i did 30 or so and got it - completed all 25 maybe 60-70% of the time?

Vishra
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 8:52:40 AM

No invite for me yet, but I'm not big on the arena.

In other news, what's everyone's favorite purchase so far?

Ordim
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 8:57:59 AM

I'm pretty happy about the change to the enchanting pots. So I got a set of 8x/9x/10x that I'm going to use to try and take some voln plat to 10x with.

Sabotage
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 9:03:02 AM

@Estild @Wyrom

a white-hot fireball button

You belch a white-hot fireball at a giant rat!

I want my cut!

Estild
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 10:36:24 AM

@Estild @Wyrom

a white-hot fireball button

You belch a white-hot fireball at a giant rat!

I want my cut!

Estild pulls a knife on you!

Sabotage
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 10:56:31 AM

@estild alt text

Mogonis
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 1:25:30 PM

I think it should be more like...

A grizzled Estild returns to the fray!

kcostell
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 4:00:44 PM

@darconas

I also finished between 240 and 249 when I got my invite, finishing with less than 30 seconds to go. The other person I know who described their invite also got in the 240-249 range.

LivderaDeralleur
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 5:10:35 PM

Hm. I hope 240+ is not required for an invite. I keep finishing just under that threshold at 235-237.

Ososis
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 5:30:53 PM

Are invites an item in the package?

Roblar
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 5:36:14 PM

No, an extra line in the speech from the scripmaster when you're done

Destrier
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 5:42:00 PM

Completed 50 runs, 48 at 250. One at 243, one 2vs2 match and 210. No invite noticed. Completed 10 more runs, 250's no invite noticed.

-shrug-

allereli
Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 5:51:03 PM

@destrier said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

Completed 50 runs, 48 at 250. One at 243, one 2vs2 match and 210. No invite noticed. Completed 10 more runs, 250's no invite noticed.

-shrug-

if you miss it the first time, there won't be another invite after. I had to search my logs to find mine. I didn't think I had one. It was there.

Ponclast
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017, 2:12:07 PM

Anyone know how the weightless coin bags work (the ones being sold for 25k BS that hold 25k coins)? Are they completely automatic, or do I have to manually put/get coins into them?

ArchSenex
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017, 2:13:07 PM

@ponclast said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

Anyone know how the weightless coin bags work (the ones being sold for 25k BS that hold 25k coins)? Are they completely automatic, or do I have to manually put/get coins into them?

You put/get coins into them, and there is some roundtime to it.

Ososis
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017, 2:19:03 PM

@ponclast

You need a free hand to load/unload em so you can wear it on belt and do it with one hand, or I stow everything, pull my pouch out and load it by hand.

There is NO RT to put silvers into it, but there IS RT based on total coins when removing them (8RT I think for 10k? Havn't got the 25k yet). So its quick in the field, slow in the bank.

Ponclast
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017, 2:20:38 PM

@ponclast said in Official: Duskruin Details: Services and Inventory - August 2017:

That's surprising. I would have thought they'd be automatic apparently like this item is:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?102247-1k-coin-pouch

(Or maybe I'm misreading that thread. Not sure really what "works in another bag" means. Thought it meant coins would magically go into it, but I guess not.)

ArchSenex
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017, 2:22:55 PM

I think that just means you can take it off and it's still weightless. I haven't seen anything that holds coins without needing to put them into it.

Ososis
Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017, 2:24:26 PM

That's surprising. I would have thought they'd be automatic apparently like this item is:

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?102247-1k-coin-pouch

Oh well.

That purse was borked, I ended up returning it (0 hassle). It doesn't hold anything weightless and when I got a GM assist they said it's main draw was "You cant get coins stolen when its closed!".

I think the "Works while in another bag" is meant to mean that the "weightless" aspect works even when the item is not directly WORN. This is the case for the DR bags also, I keep it in my backpack and get full weightlessness.

EDIT: Purse wasn't borked, was just not the kind of purse everyone assumed.

Evarin
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 12:24:00 PM

Quote from GM Tamuz: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8251

Both the Spellcaster Gloves and Wand-Holding staves will disallow scripted wands/rods/other magical items.

ASGM

Evarin
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 10:33:13 PM

Quote from GM Wyrom: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/8288

Since the event was extended, the final date to email me by (which is on the certificates you buy) will be September 10th (instead of the September 6th). This date is to get in touch with me. I'll work also try to aim to have them all done by then too, but sometimes there is some back and forth or scheduling issues.

There was an extremely high turnout this run, and likely 4x the amount of certificates sold than any other run to date. I realize a lot of you have emailed for your redemption early on and may still be waiting. We're working through them as quickly as we can.

Wyrom, PM

Vishra
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 1:29:55 AM

That's crazy- 4x as many certs

Wyrom
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 1:30:38 AM

Yeah, we also drained more bloodscrip this run than any other run ever as well.

darconas
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 4:46:28 AM

@wyrom what was the bloodscrip draining from? the smithy or the normal scrip shop?

Losus
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 7:12:13 AM

@Wyrom - I had to tap out early this go round (stupid family vacation) and was curious to know if I should hold my breath for a DR this year.

Also are there any intentions of ever doing like EG and changing the ticket type or am I safe for the next two to three events to save up in the hopes that I can buy one of the coveted certs

Wyrom
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 3:04:05 PM

@darconas just overall.

@Losus heh, you trying to kill me? We will not have another DR this year. EG information was just posted on the officials. Well pricing/dates.

Losus
Monday, September 4th, 2017, 5:06:39 PM

@Wyrom not directly! Thanks for all the hard work and this gauntlet you have currently! That's to you and all the staff!