RE: Posting Ideas/Recommendations/Fixes/Whatnots

Evarin
Monday, August 21st, 2017, 1:36:51 PM

Ohh… and I’ll likely just flat out remove ideas that aren’t really thought out… or scold you. Every time you waste the GM’s time, you just wasted time that could have tackled the lower priority things to get to other, better ideas posted here. It’s probably your fault Savants haven’t been released by now.

You're going to pull posts that don't meet your standard of a good idea? That seems like a bad road to go down.

Referencing this post: https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/282/posting-ideas-recommendations-fixes-whatnots

Monday, August 21st, 2017, 1:40:18 PM

No, just one-liners requests with no justification/etc.

Doug
Monday, August 21st, 2017, 1:45:01 PM

See - the problem is those one-liners often generate other, more useful, dialog. Perhaps instead of pulling, they might be tagged with something that shows they're incomplete from a 'concept' perspective. It definitely is more work. A lot more. Open communications pretty much require a lot of work. I do like the opening stanzas requesting a kind of format be followed and advice on what goes where, though. Very much. Reserving the idea tag for only those posts also seems appropriate.

Monday, August 21st, 2017, 1:51:00 PM

@doug Yeah, that works. The main emphasis is because we do have the GMs here, I don't want to be bombarding them with crap. I think we all know the offenders.

Flimbo
Monday, August 21st, 2017, 2:03:52 PM

Passing judgment on an idea because you don't feel it's fleshed out enough or that you don't think is a good idea sounds like something Emeradan might do. He'd just make a snotty comment about how much smarter he was than everyone else and lock the thread instead of deleting it though.

Most things, before I do them, I think to myself: Would Emeradan have done this?

If the answer is yes, I do not do that thing.

Words to live by.

Leafiara
Monday, August 21st, 2017, 3:12:42 PM

Good thoughts from Doug and Whirlin (in the other thread) as ever.

Sabotage
Monday, August 21st, 2017, 7:27:09 PM

you pull someone posts and they'll just sent them a chat directly, cut out the middle man.