Making Groups

ondreian
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 8:58:37 AM
Parkbandit
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

So we should PM you if we want to make a group? Can we still invite people into the group, or do we have to give you that list as well?

Thank you!

Maetriks
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 1:53:22 PM

@parkbandit said in Making Groups:

So we should PM you if we want to make a group? Can we still invite people into the group, or do we have to give you that list as well?

Thank you!

You should be okay to just email to create the group, not invite. Once the group is created, there shouldn't be any restrictions keeping you from inviting whoever you want.

Ordim
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 2:05:39 PM

Why was this change implemented?

viekn
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 3:01:34 PM

@ordim said in Making Groups:

Why was this change implemented?

Like you have "The Gypsy Troupe" after your name? I'm assuming that's a real in game group, but people were creating fake groups to sort of give themselves a "title" to appear after their screen name here.

Mogonis
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 3:02:19 PM

Admin wanted group creation to be for CHE/MHO, but people started to make groups for fun. This policy was mentioned before the software upgrade.

Ordim
Sunday, August 27th, 2017, 3:03:55 PM

sounds fair enough!

Taernath
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 3:42:32 AM

@mogonis said in Making Groups:

Admin wanted group creation to be for CHE/MHO, but people started to make groups for fun. This policy was mentioned before the software upgrade.

Are Mushroom Magi, Tartlovers Anonymous, and GS Wiki moderators CHE/MHOs though? No hate on them, but it seems like only one group was deleted.

Mogonis
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 3:43:59 AM

Nope. Take it up with them.

Tartlovers Anonymous makes no sense. It's not anonymous. Like at all.

Parkbandit
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 7:45:23 AM

@taernath said in Making Groups:

Are Mushroom Magi, Tartlovers Anonymous, and GS Wiki moderators CHE/MHOs though? No hate on them, but it seems like only one group was deleted.

That's what it looks like.

If the name I picked was a problem, I could have easily changed it.

As always though, I will abide by the rules, no matter how loose they appear to be, and create a new group that complies.

Thank you for the clarification!

Maetriks
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 8:39:14 AM

@taernath said in Making Groups:

If you read the post, it said it made an exception for Wiki Moderators and Mentors. There were a few exceptions made in order to designate certain people to speak to directly involved in these aspects of the game.

Maetriks
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 8:41:04 AM

Whirlin HAND OF THE ARKATI 16 days ago GROUPS…

Alright… If I said that we were ecstatic that you’ve all been interested in them, enjoying them, and whatnot, that would be an astronomical understatement.

However, that being said… we’re curbing creation/privacy of groups. The original intent was things like MHOs, CHEs, blahblahblah. With some exception for organizations like, Mentors, Newsby folks, Wiki mods, and other GS Stuff, most of those ancillary groups have been created.

Seems like people are using them for custom titles, which was not the intent. I’ll eventually be scrubbing them, reconciling with MHO/CHE listings and whatnots, and getting to them. But for now, we’ve turned off group creation.

Please reach out to one of us admin folks if we missed a group that should be created. Or reach out to multiple ones and one of us will take care of it.

For your reference.

Parkbandit
Monday, August 28th, 2017, 12:00:54 PM

That clears it up Maetriks! Thank you!