Comparison Shopping

idlewanderlust
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 4:30:12 PM

Looking at some of the things for sale at Bloodriven, I wanted to get some thoughts on which equipment might be better. I'll try to provide context where necessary to help guide my purchasing decisions. Sometimes, the value is a consideration (sometimes it's better to play 250 bloodscrip for something rather than 2500 that's a little better).

Katars

I have a TWC katar warrior. He's currently sporting some elegant-forged 4x katars. There are some 5x cold flaring katars for sale. Is that a notable upgrade over what I have currently?

UAC

My UAC undead pounding cleric has plain 4x handwraps and footwraps. There are a number of options for him:

• 5x sancted realm flaring gloves and boots at Rock Solid

• 4x gloves and boots with unbalance flares at Bare Aggression (only 250 BS per)

• 5x grapple flaring gloves and boots at Bare Aggression - are these easily blessable?

Daggers

This would be for my TWC ambushing rogue (I know, I have too many different characters.)

• 5x zested at Khloake and Dagger

• 5x lightning at Skyfire

• 5x acid flaring T1 Fana at A Mist Opportunity

• 5x grapple flaring locked at Drawing the Line

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Leafiara
Saturday, September 2nd, 2017, 8:57:47 PM

I can only speak from experience on the 5x sancted realm flaring UAC gear and it's been good to me. Really, the only slight drawback is that realm flares take up a flaring slot and a script slot, which limits how you can upgrade them down the line. (I'm looking at you, knockout flares and Ironwright certificate!)

Still, sancted UAC gear off the shelf isn't easy to come by and flaring weapons aren't blessable, so I'd recommend getting those 5x ones (and then joining me in hoping that at some point DR offers sancted UAC gear with a different flare!).

idlewanderlust
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 12:17:01 AM

Thanks for the tip. Are flaring weapons still not blessable with the new updates?

JNewhall
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 8:56:40 AM

Correct

Hips
Sunday, September 3rd, 2017, 10:36:19 PM

I use the sancted/realm flaring stuff on Vannora and I love 'em.