Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket

Luxelle
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 4:09:52 AM

a crimson-edged golden ticket

I've got zero use for a bane on a weapon, and the deadline is SUNDAY, so I want someone to use it!

Auction will end Saturday 3pm Eastern time. I will honor timestamps in this thread only. No private bids, please.

Delivery to Ta'Illistim, Ta'Vaalor, FWI. Things are too hectic for me to promise to get to the Landing in a timely manner.

In the Common language, it reads: This ticket entitles the bearer to ONE creature bane service on thier weapon. RESTRICTIONS APPLY! (no katanas, claids, nothing over 7x and no undead bane or weighting) This ticket expires at midnight on Restday, Imaerasta 10th as the elves tell time. It can be redeemed in person during the Festival of the Fallen or by emailing gs4-Mazreth@play.net. If I have not received an email by the expiration date, the service is forfeit.

Good luck to one and all!

I'd tell you to ask questions, but, er ... that is the entire contents of the ticket.

Roblar
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 4:17:22 AM

Congrats!

Maetriks
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 4:34:26 AM

HJFudge
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 4:43:42 AM

Note: Those are likely not the only restrictions. It is unlikely to be able to be used on weapons with flares or combat scripts

Luxelle
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 4:58:45 AM

I'm with HJFudge, so you might want to shoot for the moon, but have a back up plan. Because ... these things are complicated! i think people are still trying to re-clarify the charts of clarity.

Mogonis
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 4:59:25 AM

Are bandits an option?

EDIT: Er, nevermind. The weapon I'd add bandit bane to is MCW.

HJFudge
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:04:33 AM

I only say it because the raffled versions had...additional restrictions that I was unaware of and that were not listed. It led to a lot of confusion and issues.

Sabotage
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:04:46 AM

https://gswiki.play.net/Item_properties

The charts have incorrect information but the top section is updated recently by GM Finros on what can go on what. Creature bane should be compatible with almost anything according to Finros.

It is under Category C which states.

Any number may be present; magnitude may vary in some cases; may be temporary or permanent in some cases Creature Bane items may grant damage/critical padding/weighting or flares, separate from anything in Category B. Only one Creature Bane foe type and one Creature Bane effect may be present.

Sabotage
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:08:09 AM

HJFudge
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:09:36 AM

@Sabotage yes, it is compatible with almost anything.

Thats not the issue at hand.

The issue is they will not add it to anything with a flare or a combat script for this festival. At least for the raffled versions. Whether they will or not for the ticket, well, just be aware is all Im saying.

Sabotage
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:13:17 AM

@hjfudge Ah, I misunderstood what you meant.

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 8:17:08 AM

@luxelle said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

thier

:cringe:

Maetriks
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 8:22:31 AM

1 mil

ArchSenex
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:03:45 AM

@hjfudge said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

@Sabotage yes, it is compatible with almost anything.

Thats not the issue at hand.

The issue is they will not add it to anything with a flare or a combat script for this festival. At least for the raffled versions. Whether they will or not for the ticket, well, just be aware is all Im saying.

The no flares no combat scripts have been a restriction for a long time, so it's safe to assume that this ticket probably has that restriction. Heck, that's probably why it was forgotten (not an excuse), it's become so normal to the GM's they don't even think to mention it.

Honestly, they need to start stating these things as "the following are allowed" rather than "no." The universe is just too big to remember everything each time.

Pretty sure its this: The following are Allowed - Enchantments up to 7x, Ensorcelling. Natural properties apply.

Rozy
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:34:30 AM

1.5m

JNewhall
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:44:50 AM

3 Million

0zymandius
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:44:58 AM

5m

Rozy
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:52:39 AM

6m

0zymandius
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:54:25 AM

8m

Sabotage
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:54:59 AM

Stop driving the price up for when I snipe you!

Vishra
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 9:57:48 AM

10m

0zymandius
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:03:41 AM

12m

Vishra
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:04:46 AM

Vishra
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:05:26 AM

A shame you can't add weighting with this

Sabotage
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:34:11 AM

@vishra Why? Its under C, you should be able to have all those things.

ArchSenex
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:35:54 AM

Also... if you're going to put that there's an email address to be sent to... no need to put the expiration date in character

ArchSenex
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:37:36 AM

@sabotage said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

@vishra Why? Its under C, you should be able to have all those things.

Previous winners of bane at THIS venue were unable to add weighting as their bane property, and could only add flares or AS increase. I don't think there's been any indication that you could not later add non-bane related weighting.

Overall, it sounds like the crux of the issue here is that Events GM's are dealing with a service that's normally only handled by combat GM's, so didn't know to specify what sub-properties etc.

Sabotage
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:40:11 AM

@archsenex Damnit I misunderstood the comment again. I thought they meant weighting AFTER the bane.

ArchSenex
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 10:40:56 AM

@sabotage said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

@archsenex Damnit I misunderstood the comment again. I thought they meant weighting AFTER the bane.

It happens, plus the only people who'd know about that are people who've been hawking the boards, the cert doesn't list that restriction.

Maetriks
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 11:17:42 AM

That escalated quickly.

Vishra
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 12:00:59 PM

There's a section on the ticket that says "and no undead bane or weighting"

It's sort of confusing because it comes right after listing current properties that the weapon can't have, but the ticket is telling you that they won't add undead bane, AND that they won't add weighting as part of the bane. Which means flares or AS only.

Riend
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 1:44:52 PM

The ticket -may- be written poorly, it might mean they won't put a band on anything with weighting.

ArchSenex
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 1:50:13 PM

@riend said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

The ticket -may- be written poorly, it might mean they won't put a band on anything with weighting.

Based on what's been shared, it's both. The weapon must be very plain, and can get AS or Flare Banes added, if it's similar to the raffle. no reason to think it isn't. Still a nice thing, but it's the first step of an item, rather than being adding banes to finish a project off.

Ashraam VanEyre
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 1:57:35 PM

If you added bonus AS extraplanar bane to a 7x weapon, would that qualify it to strike demons since I believe all demons are extraplanar creatures, and the weapon bonus after the Bane would exceed 8x (assuming you also had the weapon blessed)?

Roblar
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:01:33 PM

I believe so yes. I had asked a GM this before when thinking about a demonbane item.

When hitting the demon, it should be a total of +45 in the combat system because of the bane's effect.

@Estild Maybe he can confirm? :)

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:04:17 PM

don't bother with demonbane, just get extraplanar and you'll get the benefits vs demons. I thought the enchant had to total 8x (+40) or higher.

I'm pretty sure no other bane besides undead automatically grants ability to hit.

Mogonis
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:05:50 PM

I'm confused. Isn't Creature Bane its own kind of bane? Separate from other banes, like Extraplanar, Undead, Grim, etc.?

Roblar
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:07:07 PM

Yea, I decided not to for other reasons. But it would have been a niche item and likelier less competitive bane service to get.

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:08:14 PM

@mogonis said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

I'm confused. Isn't Creature Bane its own kind of bane? Separate from other banes, like Extraplanar, Undead, Grim, etc.?

in the case of this service, it's being used as a generalized term.

Roblar
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:16:23 PM

Yea, that is why the undead bane comment then, so I guess you can do creature sets like the above. Not just more specific creature types.

Mogonis
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:19:35 PM

Are bandits an option?

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:22:31 PM

Are bandits an option?

I imagine so, but might want to bring that to the officials as the GM(s) running this service don't post here.

Mogonis
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:42:24 PM

I read the officials, but I don't post there. I won't post there as long as account names are usernames.

Hoodtralfeck
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:44:55 PM

wish i had 20m silvers cause i would bid it on this

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 2:49:42 PM

I read the officials, but I don't post there. I won't post there as long as account names are usernames.

I can't help you then in that regard.

Estild
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:15:30 PM

No, "Creature Bane" is not a type of bane. It's the general term for they overall property. Certain bane types may include others, but it's still a system of a bane against a specific group of creatures.

Roblar
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:23:09 PM

Yea, I think it was being confused with choose your own bane types that in the past were approved for higher at 12 pts instead of 8 pt approved (not that weighting is a allowable bane effect this event).

Those were more specific creature types, so while this is AS or flare only, the groups of bane types you can do are more lenient.

Alastir
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:24:38 PM

What "bane" covers confluence creatures?

ondreian
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:25:52 PM

elemental

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:28:55 PM

@ondreian said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

elemental

elemental creatures can also be magical and extraplanar

Alastir
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:31:41 PM

@ondreian said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

elemental

I wonder if it's smart enough to use fire on cold and vice versa. And if it will stop the heating up/freezing of a weapon.

ondreian
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:36:06 PM

@allereli said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

elemental creatures can also be magical and extraplanar

definitely true, i'm 100% not sure how it works in there specifically though beyond elemental bane.

Vishra
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:38:13 PM

You're better off going extraplanar for that.

Though this bane is of limited use. You wouldn't want flares, you can't add weighting..you'd have to choose AS really.

ondreian
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 5:54:44 PM

why not flares? they had all of the "common" ones available, plenty of them are good versus all elementals.

Vishra
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:12:26 PM

Don't all of the elementals have strenghts and weaknesses against the other elemental crit tables? Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Vibe would be out. Void, Plasma, Acid, etc are all uncommon flares I believe.

Roblar
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:15:31 PM

Vibe should work against all, more so against stone creatures.

Ordim
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:21:49 PM

I just looked at the wiki, acid is listed under the "common" flares there... for what its worth

Vishra
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:31:40 PM

For some reason I thought air/lightning attuned creatures were strong against vibe. Interesting.

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:33:40 PM

@ordim said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

I just looked at the wiki, acid is listed under the "common" flares there... for what its worth

it should probably be moved to uncommon. Flare page needs to be rewritten, along with loresinging.

more info: it used to be common and was redesignated. It used to be an auto-flarer option and choice for CHE prize closets

ArchSenex
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:37:13 PM

I don't think there's enough standardization to have a common and uncommon list. Felthrop has a rotating list, the auto flare too. The GMs don't seem to have the distinction so it probably confuses more than it helps.

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:39:30 PM

@archsenex said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

I don't think there's enough standardization to have a common and uncommon list. Felthrop has a rotating list, the auto flare too. The GMs don't seem to have the distinction so it probably confuses more than it helps.

I disagree, there are definite distinctions. See the mana and acuity pages. the common/uncommon/rare is pretty solidly consistent in merchant services.

a big problem on that page is there are so many non-standard flares listed and they need to be separated

Ordim
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:41:23 PM

I used to be under the impression the vacuum was uncommon, but its also listed as common now, did the two (acid and vacuum) just switch?

allereli
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 6:43:26 PM

@ordim said in Jackpot Win: Creature Bane Ticket:

I used to be under the impression the vacuum was uncommon, but its also listed as common now, did the two (acid and vacuum) just switch?

that may have been the case. it aligned to make all the straight up eblade available elemental flares common, and the outliers (acid, steam) uncommon. The oddball is lightning bc you can attune, but it's a hybrid element

I remember about 2014 we submitted for more acid flares for the prize closet and they said, "NAWP"

ondreian
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 8:49:10 PM

Yeah, flares have always been real disjointed.

There were a couple events I seem to recall where you could even get grapple and unbalance flares as "common" a few years ago.

I get why some special flares are super rare, but there are so many of them and they have such interesting flavor text, I wish they'd just let anyone do whatever and add in more tradeoff situations

ArchSenex
Friday, September 8th, 2017, 8:58:56 PM

I don't think any of the true flares really qualify as rare at this point. really just common, and very common.

I qualify a true flare as a category b (bless blocking) flare.

Luxelle
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 12:25:52 PM

TICK TICK TICK

Don't be alarmed if I do not respond immediately at 3pm, I've got to to into the office for a few hours today...

Luxelle
Saturday, September 9th, 2017, 5:57:14 PM

Wow, SO late home. Auction closed at 3pm Eastern, looks to me that Miss Vishra won it!

Thanks to everyone for the clarifications and help you were to the bidders. AUCTION MESSAGES OF CLARITY!

I nominate you all to sift out the truth and affix it to the Charts of Clarity! :)