When you haven't logged in a while...

Kembal
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:08:38 PM

Logged in a secondary character this evening that I haven't played in probably 6 months, and got this:

Welcome back! Here's some long-term experience boosts to help perk up your day! You have been awarded 50 Long-Term Experience Boosts! You may use the BOOST command to access this reward!

O.o

Might need to start playing him again.

Sabotage
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:12:52 PM

those experience boosts aren't that great...

Kembal
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:28:43 PM

Heh, there's a whole thread of me complaining about them on the officials b/c I have limited playtime. I know. Still not a bad way to get a secondary character exp and then get him closer to level even though you don't play him often.

Mogonis
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:33:22 PM

@sabotage said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

They're fantastic for Reim and Duskruin.

allereli
Tuesday, September 12th, 2017, 11:42:46 PM

@mogonis said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

@sabotage said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

They're fantastic for Reim and Duskruin.

I love them and the instant mind clearers

Riend
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 9:29:55 AM

mmmm instant mind clears.

Maylan
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 11:17:30 AM

@sabotage I must disagree. As Mogonis mentioned they're fantastic for Reim and Duskruin, but they are also great when you are chaining bounties back to back. And then you get the benefit of increased offline absorption and also a slight increase in online absorption unless you're in your lumnis period. I try to always have some long-term exp in the bucket. Sure you sacrifice some exp in the beginning, but the long-term benefits more then make up for it.

Evarin
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 11:48:57 AM

Long-Term Boosts are good for hunting as a Sorcerer for necro juice, and I'd imagine useful for Wizards hunting for their infuse mana. I also use them when doing bounties and i'm fried before completing them.

Mogonis
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 12:08:33 PM

@maylan said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

@sabotage I must disagree. As Mogonis mentioned they're fantastic for Reim and Duskruin, but they are also great when you are chaining bounties back to back. And then you get the benefit of increased offline absorption and also a slight increase in online absorption unless you're in your lumnis period. I try to always have some long-term exp in the bucket. Sure you sacrifice some exp in the beginning, but the long-term benefits more then make up for it.

Don't but my statement!

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 12:38:14 PM

The long term pool is another bucket you can absorb XP from. It speeds leveling, it's amazing

Mogonis
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 12:56:03 PM

I had like 35k exp in long-term from Reim and Duskruin before I deactivated in April. I came back and used a bunch during Duskruin again. I still have 7k left to absorb. It's basically exp you never would've realized.

archigeek
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 3:36:17 PM

I'll add another + for long term experience. If you're someone who likes to hunt till encumbered, they're particularly nice.

Riend
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 3:45:03 PM

@archigeek said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

I'll add another + for long term experience. If you're someone who likes to hunt till encumbered, they're particularly nice.

The only way to cap hunt!

Mogonis
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 3:54:21 PM

I've been hunting like that since 1998!

Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 4:01:07 PM

Only way to Cap hunt is to group Reim!

Riend
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 5:56:42 PM

@whirlin said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

Group Reim is rough for me, I like SoS!

allereli
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 5:57:53 PM

@whirlin said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

I'd freak out at the screen scroll. I like to see what's going on.

ArchSenex
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 6:00:41 PM

@evarin said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

Long-Term Boosts are good for hunting as a Sorcerer for necro juice, and I'd imagine useful for Wizards hunting for their infuse mana. I also use them when doing bounties and i'm fried before completing them.

alas, long term boosts don't help wizards with infuse mana. Sorcs get the juice when they kill, Wizards when they absorb, and long-term is excluded.

Evarin
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 6:33:51 PM

@archsenex said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

@evarin said in When you haven't logged in a while...:

alas, long term boosts don't help wizards with infuse mana. Sorcs get the juice when they kill, Wizards when they absorb, and long-term is excluded.

Geez... and I would have to imagine XXX doesn't mean it collects 3/2 times faster?

Sabotage
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017, 7:14:57 PM

Damn, all I meant is that some long term exp boosts wouldn't get me to start playing a character again.