Official: EG raffles/offerings..

Alastir
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 8:26:27 AM

In Professional Courtesy, my raffle/auction offerings will be:

• a tricked out music stand for Bards
  • companion grooming for Rangers
  • wearable enhancives with spell knowledge of 403 and 404 (two different items) for Rogues
  • custom prep phrase for 1640 for Paladins
  • custom spirit servant runestone (pre-made Caligos-themed) for Empaths
  • weighting for UAC items for Monks
  • custom Raise Dead messaging for Clerics
  • demon rune teaching for Sorcerers
  • permanent familiar talismans for Wizards aaaaaand
  • a super duper warhorn that is scripted AND gives a bonus to group DS/TD when used for Warriors.

~ X. is very professional this year.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/13004

Alastir
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 8:27:21 AM

There will also be sonic alterations!

~ Valyrka ~

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/13007

Alastir
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 8:28:58 AM

I will be deepening those paper holding boxes, adding how much paper they can hold in Signed, Sealed, and Delivered. I will also be unlocking signet rings and altering them!

~ Valyrka ~

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/13002

Alastir
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 8:29:39 AM

(Enhancive Perm)

I have a limited amount of services approved, so they will most likely be done in one or two raffles. There is no one character per account limit.

~ Valyrka ~

God
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 8:50:20 AM

EG hasn't started yet? Just opened for previews?

Roblar
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 3:16:04 PM

Friday at 9 PM EST for games, fishing, deep sea diving, digging.

Merchant week is later per the schedules:

https://gswiki.play.net/EbonGate2017

Evarin
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 7:01:40 PM

Quote from GM Haliste: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/13026

There will not be a fusion shaman on Caligos.

~ Haliste ~ The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor SGM, Events

Evarin
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 7:12:45 PM

Quote from GM Haliste RE Sanctification:

Can you give us details on santification services? What are the restrictions, if any?

Putting this into the original thread about the service.

From the wiki:

"Sanctified weapons, shields, and armor are considered permanently blessed and able to harm the undead in the hands of a cleric or paladin. White ora and eonake are naturally sanctified. Clerics and paladins can use the ASSESS command to check an item for this property. Sanctified items will also be identified as holy items via loresinging. Sanctified items are not otherwise blessable when used by other professions."

There are going to be ten (10) slots for this offered. As I mentioned in the original post, black ora is not eligible, by the nature of the material. And since these items only work in the hands of a paladin or cleric, you may not want to have this done if you aren't one of those professions (since sancting can make other enhancements more difficult/costly).

Cost will be determined at the time, because it will vary depending on the item's properties. If someone wins and chooses not to get their item worked on, I'll open that slot up again to someone else, so all ten will go out during the festival.

I haven't determined the method of choosing for sure, yet, but I'm going to try to do this over two sessions (5 winners each) in order to give some extra opportunity. I can tell you it will not be room order or fishhook. I may even do a spinning session and a raffle session. I'll know more once I know my own schedule.

~Liia

Sabotage
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 9:58:53 PM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/13080

The origins of this material are shrouded in Elanthia's long history, stretching back before written records, when the Arkati and Drakes still battled against the Ur-Daemons. Attribution for its creation occasionally falls on Eonak's anvil, but even he is silent about the matter. What is clear, however, is that the alloy of high steel conveys devastating effects against extraplanar beings not native to Elanthia.

High steel carries a natural 6x enchantment (+30) and is the bane of extraplanar creatures.

When forged into weapons, high steel provides an additional amount of critical weighting (8 points) against those foes. Additionally, Ithzir can not "fade out" in response to an attack made with a high steel weapon.

When forged into armor, high steel provides an additional amount of critical padding (8 points) against attacks made by those foes. Additionally, Ithzir do not enjoy a combat advantage when ambushing an adventurer in high steel armor or carrying a high steel shield.

When forged into a shield, high steel aids in blocking attacks from extraplanar foes, making it more likely to block.

High steel can not be used by adventurers under level 100.

There will be a single high steel weapon (winner's choice on the base) distributed via a randomized method. No claidhmores, katanas, naginatas, bows, runestaves. Weapons must be something normally made from metal so no UAC gear for this one.

There will be a single high steel armor or shield (winner's choice on the AsG or shield size) distributed via a randomzied method. Armor must be something normally made from metal, so studded leather or heavier.

I do not have times set yet, but expect something for the weekend days of the Merchant Week. Usually shooting for 3-4 Eastern to give the most US and European coverage.

ASGM TAMUZ

Evarin
Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, 10:45:26 PM

Oooooooo

0zymandius
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 7:47:57 AM

@evarin said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

Quote from GM Haliste: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/13026

There will not be a fusion shaman on Caligos.

This... I mean.... really? They introduced a new fusion system, and now they're not allowing us to use it? Maybe I'm confused here (quite likely, actually), but I've been accumulating a decent amount of fusion fodder since my return, and now I'm thinking I should probably just pawn it.

Ordim
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 7:58:44 AM

Remember when we had that big fusion 2.0 forums post and it talked about how with the changes fusion could be offered a lot more because it was built up to allow a semi-controlled removal of the now more powerful fusion orbs? Orbs could have multiple benefits or bigger benefits with a negative effect combined on it... yeah.

If you have the space I'd still hold onto the fodder, but don't hold your breath

Ponclast
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 12:11:43 PM

@ordim said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

Remember when we had that big fusion 2.0 forums post and it talked about how with the changes fusion could be offered a lot more because it was built up to allow a semi-controlled removal of the now more powerful fusion orbs? Orbs could have multiple benefits or bigger benefits with a negative effect combined on it... yeah.

If you have the space I'd still hold onto the fodder, but don't hold your breath

And yet DR is still programmed every six months to shoot out thousands of powerful enhancive and enchanted items with seemingly no limit except for the appetite of players for books... I think there's some tunnel vision here.

Destrier
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 12:25:29 PM

Garli jewelry -cricket-

Erous
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 3:48:36 PM

Sad about the High Steel cap limitation. You start extra planar hunting in late 70s. Late 70s to 100 could literally be years of playtime. Would've been nice to see them start this at level 75 or 80. Waiting for 100 to wield is silly.

HJFudge
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 3:57:51 PM

I wont lie. My heart dropped a little when I saw the 100 level requirement. I'll get to use em...in a few years.

archigeek
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 4:37:47 PM

The level 100 requirement is something that Wyrom seems to be in favor of. I don't understand it. Why limit use to only one group of characters? Particularly when that group probably already has great gear. I honestly think that no metal should have a requirement greater than level 50. Also, why is it that no woods have high level requirements? Level requirements made sense when they were implemented decades ago, and characters were just breaking through the 20's and enchantment was relatively new, because at low level being able to swing a +50 weapon makes a gigantic difference in effectiveness. At level 50 vs 100, there is no difference in the effectiveness vs like level foes. The only way the high requirement makes any sense is as prestige, and since as someone else put it, "I can summon demons and tear holes into other dimensions, but oh, that metal is too scary for me". It just doesn't make sense from an RP point of view or a game play point of view.

allereli
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 5:05:21 PM

@archigeek said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

The level 100 requirement is something that Wyrom seems to be in favor of. I don't understand it. Why limit use to only one group of characters? Particularly when that group probably already has great gear. I honestly think that no metal should have a requirement greater than level 50. Also, why is it that no woods have high level requirements? Level requirements made sense when they were implemented decades ago, and characters were just breaking through the 20's and enchantment was relatively new, because at low level being able to swing a +50 weapon makes a gigantic difference in effectiveness. At level 50 vs 100, there is no difference in the effectiveness vs like level foes. The only way the high requirement makes any sense is as prestige, and since as someone else put it, "I can summon demons and tear holes into other dimensions, but oh, that metal is too scary for me". It just doesn't make sense from an RP point of view or a game play point of view.

People want post cap development, this seems to be part of it.

HJFudge
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 5:07:16 PM

@allereli said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

People want post cap development, this seems to be part of it.

True enough, but I think (and I could be wrong, as Im not capped) they want more hunting grounds and more ways to develop their character with some sort of prestige system.

Having Only 100 weapons wasnt something anyone wanted? I dunno maybe they did.

Honestly, restricting it like that...I see far more downsides than upsides. But I am biased!

Alastir
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 5:44:08 PM

If they think this is the type of post-cap dev. people want, they're mistaken.

Releasing 1 new weapon/armor with a not that special ability isn't what I'm looking for personally.

HJFudge
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 5:47:36 PM

To be clear: I think the ability and the concept are SUPER NEAT. I just don't think they should restrict it to level 100.

If they want it to be rare/powerful, restrict it in other ways. Maybe have a stat requirement...maybe a society requirement...I dunno. Something else than lvl 100

Wyrom
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 6:59:07 PM

Wait, who said I'm in favor of it? I am in favor of readjusting the level to plus ratio on an item. With that though, I'm in the camp of a level 10 character being able to hold a +50 weapon, but only gaining +10 from it during their combat strikes.

High steel and low steel are actually older materials that had some new development. They've been around a long long time.

This is not post-cap development, this was material development to give players at cap something to look forward to. Since the main benefits come from hunting OTF, it makes sense to be a high-level requirement.

Tenser
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 7:17:03 PM

Aren't most of the creatures in OTF below level 100? I don't understand how that makes sense. Same holds true for the rift. So, when it's finally easy to hunt those critters you can use a weapon that you don't really need anymore?

Wyrom
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 7:52:35 PM

But we also have tools on the level breakdowns of the active hunters in OTF.

Alastir
Wednesday, October 4th, 2017, 8:15:23 PM

Hello,

Here is my list of things:

|Merchant |Location |Services| Method| |----------------|---------|-----------|---------------| Aneela| The Old One-Two| General Altering of HER UAC items Aneela| The Old One-Two| 5 Slots of Voln Armor Unlock | Raffle Aneela| The Old One-Two| 5 Slots of Creaturebane | Raffle Tufeeti| The Third Eye| 1 Top Tier Eviscerating Knife | Raffle Tufeeti| The Chicken Coop| Unlock & Altering of The Plumed Do-Hickey Tufeeti| Third Eye| 2 - 2nd tier knives - Raffle | Raffle Tuffeti| Third Eye | 5 Finvale Crystals - Raffle | Raffle Tuffeti| Third Eye | Customizing Eviscerating Knives Tuffeti| Third Eye | General Alterations

~~ Thandiwe ~~

Eva
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 9:58:44 AM

I like the high steel introduction and am generally pro all the capped additions. Fading ithzir are so forking annoying.

Absolutely wish this could be applied to a runestaff, but it being metal and all, the limitations make sense.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 10:52:20 AM

@wyrom said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

Wait, who said I'm in favor of it? I am in favor of readjusting the level to plus ratio on an item. With that though, I'm in the camp of a level 10 character being able to hold a +50 weapon, but only gaining +10 from it during their combat strikes.

High steel and low steel are actually older materials that had some new development. They've been around a long long time.

This is not post-cap development, this was material development to give players at cap something to look forward to. Since the main benefits come from hunting OTF, it makes sense to be a high-level requirement.

Feel free to make an executive decision and knock the level requirement down to 30 then. Or 50. Note, that I have no character that would benefit from such a change, I just think it makes better sense to have items be usable by a larger percentage of the character base.

God
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 10:56:15 AM

Any item req over 50 is just silly. That's when every class gets all their spells and unique skills and when a character really comes into it's own. Anything beyond that level is just purely to make the numbers bigger.

Evarin
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:00:18 PM

Quote from GM Flannihan:

Sorry if this is common knowledge but are the jars in Baubles of the sea 20-count for 100 shells, 50-count for 250, and 100-count for 1000?>

There are 4 descriptions of 20 count jars in the chest. These are no different than the standard jar sold in all town alchemy shop, just with a fancier sea glass description. These sell for 1000 silvers. Little higher than the alchemy shop, but heck, I had to work with all that molten sea glass!

There are also 4 descriptions for the 50 count jars. More rare, to be sure, and these sell for 100 seashells.

In addition, two special bottles can also be purchased which hold 100 of your little pretties and these sell for 250 seashells.

Flannihan

Evarin
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:19:06 PM

Quote from GM Haliste:

I was going to post this in the DFQ thread, but figured it might get lost. So, here you go.

QUEST * A number of quest items have been placed in the regular games hoppers. The main source for these remains within Deep Sea Diving, but it's possible to find some in both digging and mini-games. Quest items will not be found in fishing.

• Earning quest favor (not to be confused with Voln favor) is dependent on the current phase of the quest. Your efforts will yield greater results on the front end rather than the back end, but someone who begins participation at the end can still achieve the same amount of favor as someone who participated at the beginning -- it will just take slightly longer.

FISHING * The price for fishing is 25 seashells per catch.

MISCELLANEOUS * The illusion pin items (the gloves) in The Protected Coif will be available for seashells, general tickets, and bloodscrip, all 10k. This is not live yet, but will be before tomorrow evening.

Evarin
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:20:52 PM

Quote from GM Haliste regarding Illusion Gloves:

some tattered muddy brown gloves * A thick layer of dried mud covers his/her hands.

some icy blue gloves * A ring of icy orbs encircles his/her hands.

some fiery crimson gloves * A ring of flaming orbs encircles his/her hands.

a pair of wart-encrusted gloves * His/Her hands are covered with clusters of warts.

some flour-covered gloves * His/Her hands are covered in a light dusting of flour.

some bloodstained gloves * His/Her hands are covered in a thin layer of bright red blood.

These items are similar to the illusion pins seen at Duskruin, except that these descriptions appear above the "hands" line. Each item has special wear/remove messaging. The item will be hidden upon wearing it. These may not be altered in any way.

You see Twingle. She appears to be an Aelotoi. She is average height. She appears to be wizened with age. She has blue-black eyes and fair skin. She has shoulder length, brunette hair. She has an angular face. She has a pair of dark blue wings. She is in good shape. A thick layer of dried mud covers her hands. She is holding a mithril sword in her right hand. She is wearing a deep yellow rose and a lace-edged silk dress.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:21:51 PM

I just want to be clear. If I buy a shop pass only, how do I get seashells? Please don't tell me I have to buy them on the secondary market.

Alastir
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:22:45 PM

I just want to be clear. If I buy a shop pass only, how do I get seashells? Please don't tell me I have to buy them on the secondary market.

Or buy a games pass.

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:28:55 PM

A number of quest items have been placed in the regular games hoppers. The main source for these remains within Deep Sea Diving, but it’s possible to find some in both digging and mini-games. Quest items will not be found in fishing.

... but are still being sold for seashells? The wording on this is very strange. Why go out of the way to say the primary method of collection is DSD if I can buy them for seashells?

allereli
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:29:20 PM

Why go out of the way to say the primary method of collection is DSD if I can buy them for seashells?

it's an ongoing problem with release posts in general.

Alastir
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:30:13 PM

A number of quest items have been placed in the regular games hoppers. The main source for these remains within Deep Sea Diving, but it’s possible to find some in both digging and mini-games. Quest items will not be found in fishing.

... but are still being sold for seashells? The wording on this is very strange. Why go out of the way to say the primary method of collection is DSD if I can buy them for seashells?

Because you spend more cash if you do it via DSD than by doing it via games?

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:31:39 PM

Gonna need a microscopic fine print and have to legally release the odds of winning prizes in china pretty soon at this rate.

ONE FREE QUEST ITEM WITH EACH SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE SENT TO SIMUTRONICS HEADQUARTERS.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:35:30 PM

@alastir said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

Or buy a games pass.

It seems like a reasonable assumption to me, that the reason they separated out games/services/shopping, was so that people who didn't want to do games, or services, or shopping, could spend money on the ones they wanted. How the heck does that jive with needing to have something that can only be acquired via one of the other three, to make full use of the other? Making full use of a shop pass should not require something attainable only via one of the other passes.

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:37:50 PM

Wyrom posted a big long explanation in the other thread on here. Basically, people didnt spend tickets on the prize wall (the prizes were mediocre) so they made some of the new teased items cost shells. That would have been no problem when 1 ticket bought you everything, now it just forces people to use the secondary market or buy a games pass. How you feel about that is up to you.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:44:00 PM

Wyrom posted a big long explanation in the other thread on here. Basically, people didnt spend tickets on the prize wall (the prizes were mediocre) so they made some of the new teased items cost shells. That would have been no problem when 1 ticket bought you everything, now it just forces people to use the secondary market or buy a games pass. How you feel about that is up to you.

I think I read that, but that's for the role play/extra RP event item. Those have always been an extra. A shopping pass is for... shopping. How would anyone be expected to know that some things they bought a shopping pass for can't be bought once they paid for the shopping pass? Now I have to not only buy a shopping pass to shop, I have to buy something else that wasn't advertised? This is like selling me a car, and then saying I need to pay $500 for the undercoat.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 4:49:09 PM

It's doubly an affront because it's the better items that can only be bought with seashells. Basically, if you don't either buy a gaming pass, or spend a bunch of time and additional money buying seashells on the black market, you don't get the same value for your shopping pass, in spite of paying the same price for it. To go shopping. Because that's what a shopping pass is for.

Oh yay, I can pay a bunch of simucoins to buy some 20 count jars? I'm not understanding what the benefit of separating shopping/games/services was anymore. Also, please tell me there won't be merchants who are only taking sea shells for their services, in spite of my purchasing of a service pass.

Roblar
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:15:21 PM

I don't see the issue, a shopping pass is 1/5 the cost of what EG would be before.

There are various options now instead of 1) not going, 2) having someone shop for you 3) paying $50

You can do a game pass for 500 simucoin more, collect alot of seashells, other stuff, silvers and maybe fun, and ask someone to buy that item without a shopping pass? You can pay 1,000 for a shopping pass and trade myriad things but lets say silvers for seashells and get an item if it only purchased that way.

Had they gone with a prize wall instead of shops wouldn't a shopping pass have had the same issue? Are the benefits to a la carte to others still outweighing the old pay full freight or don't go system? I don't see many posting that complained for years about the $50 cost of EG of late.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:25:33 PM

Prizewall prizes were directly, and ONLY associated with games. IN the past, I could, and largely did, choose to ignore the games and ignore the prize wall. If you buy a shopping pass, why would you expect to get less value for it than someone else who also buys a separate to do a separate thing (play games)? There's nothing in the sale of the shopping pass that would leave one to believe that the normal currency of the game wasn't all you needed to buy stuff. Looking at the list on the wiki, there are hundreds of items that are only available for seashells. This is not the same as the prize wall.

My plan was to buy a shopping pass and a service pass. The whole reason for separating them out was so that people could only pay for the parts they were interested in. It was a selling point! Separating out the gaming pass and then requiring currency that can only be attained via the gaming pass in order to buy a substantial portion of the items for sale via the shopping pass is absurd.

Now I find myself waiting for the "this service can only be purchased with seashells" shoe to drop.

I won't be buying a shopping pass or a gaming pass. And if services require seashells, well I'll likely not be buying one of those either. I'm not going to waste my time running around trying to barter with people for their seashells, just so I can go buy an off the shelf jar.

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:28:08 PM

I too am not sure the 'outrage' over having a few stores cost seashells instead of silver. Even just a games/shopping pass is less than 50 bucks.

I mean, some of the stuff for silver is pretty darn neat. Shocklances, for ones...I like em anyway. And some of the other stuff for silver only looks very neat.

Seems mad people being mad just to be mad. We get it bros, you hate alternate currencies. You still can pay for only what you are interested in. It sounds, however, that you are interested in things you'll need seashells for. Hence you're gonna have to pay to get em.

Next they will be 'mad' that they have to spend money at all to attend! Why do we not get it all free and handed to us? We should be paid for going!!

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:34:55 PM

Sorry you missed the mark YET AGAIN fudge.

I was perfectly happy with the $50+ price point from years leading up to this. I was perfectly fine with the service pass split up until they configured it such that it will guarantee sales of passes, only giving the illusion of being able to buy in as you see fit. If they offered the same items for both silvers AND seashells, it wouldn't be a big deal. As it stands now a person buying a shopping pass may have to either buy a games pass to get seashells to buy what they want or will have to buy shells from other players, which may or may not be a huge inconvenience for them, either way you cut it, it's not what they were expecting out of a shopping pass.

I get that its hard to understand that people might champion causes that don't directly benefit them but may benefit others and the game as a whole, but it does happen. The current trend of eroding what people get for their money under the illusion of choices needs to be nipped in the bud quickly. But lets be honest, people will keep throwing money at the game as long as they are able, and we'll just have more and more events where everything is a complex convoluted system that revolves around simucoins. Sure, there will be some free/premium events, but this is what things will be moving forward, or worse, if everyone allows it.

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:40:49 PM

You keep harping on this 'less benefit for your money' thing, but facts don't bear that out.

I can spend LESS than I ever have at EG to get the same amount I've gotten before. Does spending less mean I'll get less? Yes. Yes it does.

But thats not 'a false illusionary choice'. Thats a choice that I've had ample time this week to evaluate and make when it comes to shopping. Nothing is hidden there. They gave us a week to look and see if we felt a shopping pass alone would be able to get us what we want.

Just because you say something doesn't mean its true man.

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:41:54 PM

There are plenty of things to complain about. Really. I just don't understand why you complain about them doing something that is beneficial to the game as a whole, both from SIMU's standpoint and from a player on a budget.

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:42:07 PM

it's incrediably simple to prove - Last year if NO ONE AT ALL PLAYED ANY GAMES, you'd still be able to buy stuff from the EG stores, but not the prize wall. This year, if no one plays any games (buys a games pass) there is a lot of new scripts that will not enter the game.

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:42:39 PM

it's incrediably simple to prove - Last year if NO ONE AT ALL PLAYED ANY GAMES, you'd still be able to buy stuff from the EG stores, but not the prize wall. This year, if no one plays any games (buys a games pass) there is a lot of new scripts that will not enter the game.

Last year it cost you 50 bucks to do ANYTHING. If you didnt pay the full 50, what did you get?

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:44:12 PM

THIS year, if I only buy a shopping pass...for what is it, 10 bucks? If I spend 10 bucks this year----do I get MORE or LESS than I did if I wasnt willing to spend 50 bucks last year?

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:44:41 PM

Nothing, the same as you'll get this year for spending nothing.

This is exactly the same as the smithy pass, everyone gets hung up on the one good thing and ignores the incremental bad things...

Breaking down EG into pass = A really good thing! If it had been done like this I would continue to sing its praises. Instead we got --

Broken down into passes but a majority of new scripts being released require the use of seashells and would require games passe being sold - A bad thing in the long run.

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:48:38 PM

I probably wouldn't have a problem with it if the people that bought a games pass could buy stuff for seashells without a shopping pass.

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:51:25 PM

You can if you get your buddy who bought a shopping pass to buy it for you.

I assume you can exchange seashells and they arent account bound...but do we know if thats actually true?

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:52:27 PM

In fact, if you have a guild or a MHO or a group...you could designate one person 'Shopper in Chief' and have them buy EVERYONE's stuff for them. Youd have to trust the person I guess!

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:52:42 PM

You can pass seashells, like tickets/bloodscrip etc. Again, thats neither here nor there, as people don't want to have to put up with that secondary market conversion.

Interestingly, everyone offering to be shoppers for people who dont want to even buy a pass (or can't) will not be doing seashell conversions.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:53:42 PM

218 items are for sale only via seashells. 25% of the shops only take seashells.

"not sure the ‘outrage’ over having a few stores cost seashells instead of silver" -HUFudge

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:54:34 PM

So your saying 75% of the stores...i.e. a sizable majority...accept silver?

To be fair, I havent counted the amount of items sold for just silver. Is it 75% more?

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:56:49 PM

Look. Simu and wyrom and co. aint perfect and sometimes do shitty things. Back when I thought youd have to dive to get the quest item, I thought that was super shitty and called em out on it. Turns out, it was a false alarm. I also thought the meteor event was boring and unfun. BUT, by and large, I am very happy with how the game is now vs how it was 6 years ago when I played. I like what they've done with EG.

I wish there were more digging/diving teasers. Thats my biggest complaint. And that the new steels are level 100 requirement, which seems dumb to me.

You guys complain about the things that are helping the game...and there is nary a peep about what Id say are the two biggest detriments to GS: The real life cash market and MA'ers.

archigeek
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 5:58:37 PM

I'm not sure why you're asking me what I said. It's right there in print, but to expand, 25% of shops is not "a few stores" as you described it. I'd be fine with it if a shopping pass that only worked for silver stores was 25% lower in price than a shopping pass for seashells. It's alright though, I just won't buy a shopping pass.

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:03:07 PM

And that's perfectly fine and I agree. I've only been here 2 years and the development has been very progressive.

I have no problem saying I've spent $500 on one duskruin, ~$400 on another and $300 on a third and this last one I only spent about $100. You notice the pattern? I've also spent large sums on things like Delerium manor last EG, Sylinar's spire etc. I've probably spend northwards of ~$2000 in the past 2 years without factoring in 2 prime subscriptions. I'm capable of spending money and have, when I feel I am getting a fair shake at it. I think introduction of microtransactions is a great thing for helping the game along if its hurting. But they need to be kept in check, otherwise, they run the risk of alienating a large part of a small community.

When they start getting into deceptive (either by accident or design) information releases or structures, thats when I get worked up. Sometimes its in the right, sometimes its lacking clarified information. But I generally don't feel bad about it, because the alternative means I lose out on something I mostly enjoy (despite the posts).

I just don't see any reason why they couldn't do like last year's EG + DM. Two things that share the same theme that are completely separate.

Roblar
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:05:21 PM

But I can guarantee that many will be playing the games and depending how often these drop or are rewarded, the scrip may be rather cheap and the item purchase comparable to a silver valuation.

It may be an extra step, but I enjoy player to player interaction and would probably know a few less people I like if it wasn't for the player economy. Could they have gone other routes, sure. Is the overall picture making sense for the business as well as a broader player base? I think so. I get the point but don't find it world ending because it is a game and I find part of the fun of the game is solving issues or roadblocks.

I am more concerned with the small mini game area because 3 rooms will be insane enough that I will only try in the middle of the night probably. The digging size is likely large enough and I'll try more of that for the one week I'll dabble before the mad rush of merchants and raffles. The other major concern I have is that this lower threshold to participate, while good for the overall participation rate may lead to worse raffle and service chances and longer lines due to the lower entry costs and use of F2P accounts. So, it is cheaper for more players but sometimes may worsen the experience for some. I'll guess we'll see how sales do and the frequency and timing (and type) of raffle/services.

Ordim
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:14:58 PM

@roblar said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

I am more concerned with the small mini game area because 3 rooms will be insane enough that I will only try in the middle of the night probably. The digging size is likely large enough and I'll try more of that for the one week I'll dabble before the mad rush of merchants and raffles. The other major concern I have is that this lower threshold to participate, while good for the overall participation rate may lead to worse raffle and service chances and longer lines due to the lower entry costs and use of F2P accounts. So, it is cheaper for more players but sometimes may worsen the experience for some. I'll guess we'll see how sales do and the frequency and timing (and type) of raffle/services.

Yeah, last year had 11 stand alone game rooms and what looks like ~26 rooms to dig in. So far, we have 3 stand alone game rooms and 11 rooms to dig in. Did Feyrot start off with less mini-games and add more as they went?

I can see the concerns with more people just getting a service pass, but I think the price point is fair for what you could get. I think anyone was gonna pay $50 last year is paying the 30 and only a small bump that wouldnt go for $50 will go for $30... BUT there is also the free simucoins to contend with... It will be interesting. However, SOME of the raffles have high winner numbers (voln unlocks) so maybe it will balance out? maybe if a certain amount sell they will add more raffles? (HINT HINT)

Roblar
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:24:17 PM

Feywrot also started with less mini games. Maybe even zero the first year, I forget.

Yea, I forget to include the monthly subscription coins. That is basically a free shopping pass for one premium account since Duskruin (Sept/Oct sub payments), or some dives or a game pass to get seashells.

Avaia
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:25:55 PM

I'm not sure why there is confusion that some people are expressing annoyance at the shops. What has happened is fairly textbook Bait-and-Switch.

"If you only want to shop you can just buy a shopping pass and not pay for anything else!"

...time passes...

"Well ... Some of the items in the shops are only available for our new special currency...that you can only get buy paying for a different pass(but you can buy/barter them from another player too!)."

HJFudge
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:29:59 PM

@avaia

Except you can buy all sorts of things if you just buy a shopping pass!

Well, you have to have the silver. It doesnt give you the silver, buying the shopping pass.

Roblar
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 6:34:58 PM

I think Bait and Switch accusations requires money to have been spent. And no passes have been purchased as the event is not really open yet!

Evarin
Thursday, October 5th, 2017, 8:06:58 PM

Quote from GM Mikos:

Definition Eisenruck (EYE-zen-rook): This is a gnomish term generally applied to a rigid-sided backpack-type container, most often formed with sheet metal sides, lid, and bottom.

History/Background The nature of Burghal gnomish pursuits has, over time, led to the creation of a rigid-sided back-worn container similar in size and general application to the traditional backpack. The incorporation of rigid -- often sheet metal -- walls produces a container which can be advantageous given the race's focus on mechanical construction, embellishment, and maintenance tasks, which involves oddly shaped, sharp-edged, and sharp-cornered tools, supplies, and materials.

Usage Eisenrucks provide the additional structure necessary when hauling an assortment of differently shaped mechanical components, and many also incorporate one or two fold-down “wings.” Each wing can be deployed as a serviceable work surface atop the seated mechcrafter's thigh, thus enabling them to work anywhere they can find a seat. Additionally, the rigid sides of the eisenruck are sometimes inlaid with contoured niches for retaining the diverse hand tools commonly employed by those who choose to wear the slab-sided containers.

Construction Eisenrucks are defined by their rigid sides, but aside from rigidity, the choice of the material used for an eisenruck can be as unique as the individual who designs it. Virtually any inflexible metal, hard wood, or even boiled leather can be found as a prominent material in an eisenruck's construction, although glaes is an uncommon component due to its weight.

General Restrictions While the fabrication and use of eisenrucks tends to be favored by Burghal gnomes and some enclaves of more mechanically inclined dwarves, there is nothing innately restrictive in the nature of their design or construction beyond the prominent reliance upon a rigid material for the container's exterior surfaces.

As part of Ebon Gate's offerings, look for a debut selection of scripted eisenrucks in the shop of Chisel, Peen and Chamfer, Esqs. later today.

• Mikos
Erous
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 8:08:08 AM

@Wyrom during BMC, merchant arrivals and raffle kickoffs were announced via Twitter. Is this going to happen for EG as well, or is in game the only means? I ask because I'm east coast and merchant availability tends to lean on the west coaster timeframes...so if I'm in bed at 2am, and a merchant arrives I can be alerted. I know this sort of takes it to the extreme, but with really 1 major merchant event each year I can make the sacrifice.

Ordim
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 8:14:02 AM

@erous Last year I found that a majority of the merchants came out between 5pm eastern and 2am, with a big percentage of that around ~9pm eastern and onward. I don't recall everything (and it can probably be looked up) but a good amount of raffles and merchants announced via twitter, thought net, and all of the Lnet resources. The wiki peoples do an amazing job of keeping raffle locations, times and costs available as well.

Some of those require you be in game and paying attention as opposed to logged out and doing whatever with your phone on so I can certainly see the draw for more twitter announces. That being said, a few GMs have mentioned that they will schedule on the calendar at least some of their merchanting, which is new and welcomed for this year!

Erous
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 8:20:22 AM

super, thanks @Ordim . BMC was my first and only big event and I loved every minute of it while also getting a lot out of it. Most major raffles and merchants were announced via Twitter and I was able to capitalize on that. As you know, it's all about maximizing opportunity, and for me that's the best way.

LivderaDeralleur
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 8:29:36 AM

@Roblar, I was also concerned about the very small amount of mini game rooms. That was my biggest complaint about BMC - they only had one mini game room and the scroll was horrendous. Being visually impaired, I had a hard time keeping up with the messages I was producing and the rest of the messages from everyone else. (I nearly missed a script check because of this despite being at the keyboard and actively typing in commands!)

I had assumed the digging area would be bigger, but 11 rooms doesn't sound that much bigger either.

Thankfully I'll be doing Plat mostly this year, so hopefully it won't be too noisy.

And in regards to some of the shops selling for seashells - I sort of count them as what would be the prizewall shops from Feywrot. The only difference this year is they actually have stuff people want for sale, which I think was a complaint in prior years.

ArchSenex
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 9:10:23 AM

@Wyrom My comment about the items available for seashells

If it's a replacement for the prize wall, then buying items for seashells shouldn't be behind a pass. Since you need a games pass to earn them, you shouldn't also need a merchant pass to spend them. For instance, if I decide to just do DSD, I can't spend one of the things that I earn.

So overall, that's my only real complaint/feedback is that if the prize wall is now in several shops, that's absolutely fine, but then it should be more part of the "games" aspect of the event than the shopping aspect.

Evarin
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 9:31:19 AM

Quote from GM Mikos:

The establishment of Chisel, Peen and Chamfer, Esqs. is pleased to open its doors.

Look for it on the High Plateau, where you see, "Descending from high above and disappearing deep into the cobblestone path, a large ragged fissure..."

There is now, also, "a coral-encrusted building."

The shop features several gnomish items, but its primary offerings are a gnomish toolbelt and a gem-eating eisenruck.

analyze my toolbelt You analyze your brown leather toolbelt and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

Looking over the toolbelt and inspecting its finer details, you realize that it will always need to be "a/n (whatever)/(whatever)/toolbelt". The item's article and adjective CAN be changed, but "toolbelt" is the only valid noun.

This is a Gnomish Repair Toolbelt, which means it is scripted to interact both with run-of-the-mill, generic items and with items which have "damaged" text strings stored in them. This toolbelt provides standard messaging when working on generic items, and specific messaging when working on items which are part of the Gnomish Repair System. Items can be set up with "damaged" text strings so that they can interact with the Gnomish Repair System without being scripted. IF SCRIPTED, such items will state in their analysis text that they are part of the system.

If you were to play with the toolbelt, then you'd find that you can analyze, wear, remove, clean, pinch, poke, pull, and twist it.

Clean, pinch, poke, and pull provide standard interactions for generic items. G.R.S items need to be "damaged" in order for the toolbelt to interact with them. TWIST will set a G.R.S. item's long description to one of its four damaged descriptions. When a G.R.S. item is damaged, the same verbs will provide specific messaging as the item is "repaired."

NOTE: This toolbelt currently supports interaction with a limited variety of generic items. These include: shields, goggles, crossbows (mechanical and otherwise), longbows, composite bows, short bows, runestaffs, swords, and axes.

SCRIPT NAME: Gnomish Repair Toolbelt

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the brown leather toolbelt for you or deepen its pockets.

glance You glance down to see a brass framed eisenruck with maroon cuirbouilli panels in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

G>look eisenruck You're holding a brass framed eisenruck with maroon cuirbouilli panels, which appears to be a rigid-sided, back-worn container similar to a backpack. Despite its sturdy, utilitarian design, gaps between its panels provide a glimpse of clockwork enhancements, and small louvered vents are set into several of the eisenruck's flat surfaces.

The eisenruck's left strap bears a bronze plate with: Two diamond sockets, which are both open. One ruby socket, which is open. One sapphire socket, which is open.

wear eisen You swing the eisenruck around behind you and lift it to settle its leather-padded rests on your shoulders, then pull the straps down and hook them to the eisenruck's two sidebars.

push eisen The eisenruck feels a bit uncomfortable, and you realize that you'll need to wear it 23 hours and 59 minutes longer before it will become fully functional.

push eisen You push your uncut diamond into the empty socket on your eisenruck, and it clicks into place.

An inner glow fills the diamond briefly, before a spiderweb of fractures flash across its surface with a sharp CRACK, and it turns to dust. Immediately, gears whirr within the eisenruck, and oddly enough, your eisenruck feels a bit lighter.

glance You glance down to see an uncut ruby in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.

push eisen As you are about to push the ruby into the eisenruck's socket, you realize you're not really all that chilled. If you wish to trigger the plumes of steam anyway, just push the eisenruck again within 15 seconds.

push eisen You push your uncut ruby into the empty socket on your eisenruck, and it clicks into place.

An inner glow fills the ruby briefly, before a spiderweb of fractures flash across its surface with a sharp CRACK, and it turns to dust. Immediately, gears whirr within the eisenruck, and dense plumes of steam gush from the eisenruck's bottom, sides, and lid to envelop you completely! Within seconds you feel like a poached egg, as the cloud begins to evaporate.

Taking a breath of steam-free air, you realize that you weren't really chilled in the first place. Oh well...

look eisen Since the eisenruck is on your back, you can't really get a good look at it. However, its leather-padded shoulder rests and straps are easy to examine.

The eisenruck's left strap bears a bronze plate with: Two diamond sockets, one of which is open. One ruby socket, which is closed. One sapphire socket, which is open.

You analyze your brass framed eisenruck and sense that the creator has provided the following information:

Looking over the eisenruck and inspecting its finer details, you realize that it will always need to be "a/n (whatever)/(whatever)/eisenruck". So, the item's article and adjective CAN be changed, but "eisenruck" cannot.

To insert a gem into the eisenruck, you must be wearing the eisenruck and holding a gem in one hand, then PUSH eisenruck.

Note 1: The eisenruck must be worn continuously for a minimum of one day before any of its gem-eating abilities will function.

Note 2: When you LOOK at your eisenruck, if a socket is described as "open," then it is ready to have a gem inserted into it. If a socket is described as "closed," then it is in cooldown.

Note 3: Although it is not required by the script, this eisenruck is designed to interact with the Gnomish Repair System, which enables the wearer of a scripted Gnomish Repair Belt to alter this eisenruck's appearance to any of several "damaged" descriptions which are pre-stored in the eisenruck's extra text fields. Please keep that in mind if you request an alteration for this item. The "damaged" description texts may also need to be changed by the merchant in order to reflect the changes of your alteration.

If you were to play with the brass framed eisenruck, then you'd find that you can analyze, wear, remove, pinch, poke, and push it. PUSH won't do anything if the eisenruck has no gem sockets "unlocked" or added.

This is a fully unlocked, Tier 4 eisenruck. This eisenruck is sold OTS with no tier unlocked.

SCRIPT NAME: Gem-eater Eisenruck

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the mithril paneled eisenruck for you or deepen its pockets.

OTS eisenrucks have no gem sockets installed. Each tier of unlocking adds a socket. The customer specifies whether the socket being added/unlocked will be Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, or Pearl. Each unlocked/added socket remains gem-specific. An uncut diamond provides a 5 pound encum reduction of the eisenruck for 1 hour. An uncut ruby provides removal of a frostbite effect. Any sapphire (750 value or greater) casts Forage. Any pearl (1,000 value or greater) casts Water Walking.

There is no limit on T1 unlocks during E.G. other than scheduling constraints. Several calendar-scheduled unlocking sessions and impromptu sessions are planned. A specific schedule does not exist at this time.

• Mikos
viekn
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 9:49:49 AM

@evarin said in Official: EG raffles/offerings..:

Quote from GM Mikos:

OTS eisenrucks have no gem sockets installed. Each tier of unlocking adds a socket. The customer specifies whether the socket being added/unlocked will be Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, or Pearl. Each unlocked/added socket remains gem-specific. An uncut diamond provides a 5 pound encum reduction of the eisenruck for 1 hour. An uncut ruby provides removal of a frostbite effect. Any sapphire (750 value or greater) casts Forage. Any pearl (1,000 value or greater) casts Water Walking.

That is friggin badass!

Evarin
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 11:33:07 AM

Especially the ruby function. Situationally very useful.

Roblar
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 2:18:43 PM

That was a player suggestion on the officials

Roblar
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 2:20:18 PM

Oh, also @LivderaDeralleur the map has been incorrect.

The digging area is larger, I think it is one east of the outhouse, there is a berm or something which accesses the rest of it, as well as the 20 use shovel NPC. It is kind of like Graveyard & Haunted Trees or Pass at Feywrot.

Wyrom
Friday, October 6th, 2017, 3:03:19 PM

@Erous, merchant arrival varies, but most GMs announce in more than one fashion. Room order GMs typically don't Tweet as a general rule of thumb.

@ArchSenex, good point. The reasoning right now is that seashells can be handed off. I'll talk with Haliste about this before we open.

Evarin
Saturday, October 7th, 2017, 7:17:18 PM

Quote from GM Valyrka:

There are a variety of different items in Island Finery. The shirts and blouses can be unlocked further. The other items have some cute actions. There are also armor concealers and they are in a variety of coverages as asked. There will be hood adding during the merchant week.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered will have signet ring unlocking as well as deepening the stationary boxes.

Some other services I have are: Sonic Alterations Weighting/Padding/Sighting Enhancive Permanence 3 signature verbs 3 custom spell preps

~ Valyrka ~

Evarin
Sunday, October 8th, 2017, 6:41:48 PM

Quote from GM Wyrom:

Out of curiosity- how much higher are the DSD odds of getting an item from the T5/unique feeder vs the other non-fishing games?

Odds a much higher in comparison to games and digging. Odds are higher than Duskruin sewers for rarer items. Odds are roughly the same for a T5 as Delirium, but different. You can also boost your odds with items.

And if the regular games got a rate nerf too

Nothing at all is nerfed. In fact games and digging got a slight buff during the last Duskruin Dig.

It's always seemed to me that Gemstone has operated on some sort of budget system for items they are willing to give out at any given event / in any given year. I strongly suspect that the 'budget' for the sought after T5 prizes hasn't really changed vs. prior years so with roughly 4x as much opportunity (time) for people to win prizes it would make sense (in a warped Gemstone prize logic sort of way) that the odds of winning a T5 prize would need to be roughly reduced to a quarter of what it has been in prior years.

This is hogwash at its finest. Nothing at all like this exists, and never has.

Given that additionally it sounds like the same T5 pool of items also feeds into the paid event (DSD) it wouldn't surprise me at all ton find that the regular (silver based) games odds (for a T5) have been reduced rather substantially to compensate for both of these items.

T5 are game feeder quality. The same stuff you'd find playing the core game hunting (boxfounds). This hasn't changed. Ever. Before the T6 existed, some T6 items were always mixed into the T5 feeder. In 2014, which I consider the year that tipped the scale, some REALLY nice stuff was approved for the T5 feeder that really jaded everyone's feelings on feeder items going forward. So we separated out those jackpot wins into their own feeder and made them a bit harder to obtain than a T5.

Is it possible to share the number of unlimited style game plays that are considered a standard week? Basically, the expected number of plays point?

You can get WAAAAY more bang for your buck playing games and digging, but it will also have the silver costs and higher time elements.

It boils down to what do you want to get out of this. Do you just want to win really cool stuff? Do you need favor for the quest? Do you like incidental loot? Do you want X seashells?

Luck is also a major element in all this.

How much higher are the odds than a regular mini-game? Like 1.5x? 2x? Knowing would be helfpul as far as deciding where to put my time (and potentialy money)

It's different, but the odds at winning something like a jackpot are 25x better. Don't read that as common or more likely though.

Wyrom, PM

Evarin
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 10:49:28 PM

Quote from GM Kaikala:

I did say late -- though I didn't intend for it to be this late. However, pretty much all of the bugs that were submitted should be squashed -- TY to the people who put those in (and to my late night tester!) I'm sure there will be more; please submit and bear with as they come up. Also, this might be a little more scattered than I would normally wish for, but... info-seekers unite? ;)

Goblyns and Ghules Enterprises is pleased to have in stock at Ebon Gate this year:

(1) Some oldies but goodies: spider bags, Inner Eye candles, "ritual potion"s, some edibles that are probably considered gross by most people, "Small Blade" sheaths, and Rocket Sheaths (aka Spring Sheaths). The sheaths are set up capacity wise primarily for daggers -- because:

(2) Ritual daggers. This is a brand new script aimed primarily at ritualists -- I had both Arkati folks and blood magic users in mind when making them, but hopefully they appeal to other areas as well. The notices (NO, you CANNOT purchase those anymore!) on each rope will denote which daggers are able to be used in combat and which are more for show than combat.

Tier 1: Info RITUAL DAGGER ITEM - ANALYZE INFO

This is a Ritual Dagger item. Really, this just means that it has verb traps geared toward performing rituals.

The item is dual-tiered: there are verb tiers, and then there are additional special ability add-ons. Nearly all verb traps allow for targets (use VERB my dagger WITH/AT (target)), and there are other factors that will introduce some variety. Currently there are 2 verb tiers and 4 special ability add-ons (permanent scarring, commune, intercession, and sacrificing). Generally, unlocking from Tier 1 to 2 will be offered on occasion as a specialized service; however, the add-ons will be extremely rare and should be considered a pie-in-the-sky type of service.

The Tier 1 verbs on this dagger are: POUR - allows you to coat the dagger in certain specific substances from the food system and some of the old "ritual potion" items; or clean it. PULL - to draw ritual circles. POINT - traces a pattern over the skin. WAVE - to draw patterns that "hang" in the air.

The daggers come in 3 different flavors: default, Arkati, and custom. This dagger is set up as default, and it cannot be toggled to the other flavors. The ability to allow toggling will be offered on occasion.

Aesthetic alterations are perfectly acceptable -- the dagger must remain a dagger-appropriate item. You are able to have both a long and a show. It is highly recommended that you keep any long descriptions brief.

Tier 2 Info The Tier 2 verb info will show up in ANALYZE as:

The Tier 2 verbs on this dagger are: POUR - allows you to coat the dagger in certain specific substances from the food system and some of the old "ritual potion" items; or clean it. PULL - to draw ritual circles. You can also convert "circular stain" items to these circles. POINT - traces a pattern over the skin at the low grip; temporary scarring at middle grip. You can POINT without a target at mid-grip to toggle the scar/trace patterns - there is hand differentiation. WAVE - to draw patterns that "hang" in the air. CLENCH - lets you toggle your grip on the dagger. In the right hand, this will change your grip level. In the left hand, this will change the "flavor" of the dagger and will let you access -- if you have it set up -- any custom wording. TURN - purely fluff NUDGE - allows you to cut your palm or someone else's palm, among other things. CLEAN - lets you clean any coating on the dagger in a fancier way than pouring.

Random Info Note above that CLENCH toggles between flavors if your dagger is able to toggle between them; if it isn't, then CLENCH just lets you change your "grip" (for verb output purposes) on the dagger.

Flavor Info Flavors -- the Arkati-flavored daggers work off of the Arkati that the user is converted to. If you want your dagger to have messaging for an Arkati that you aren't converted to, you'll be aiming for the custom flavor instead so that you can set it up with what you want.

Toggling between flavors is not a tier-related thing -- it's entirely separate. Sometimes it might come as part and parcel of a Tier 2 unlock; sometimes it won't. Yeah, I know -- confusion. But... overall, it allows for more options than if this wasn't an available toggle.

Daggers that let you toggle between the 3 flavors OR daggers that are set up as custom only will give analyze options to see what customizations can be set up:

RITUAL DAGGER ITEM - CUSTOMIZATIONS

HANGING RUNES PATTERN (WAVE): Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15. If desired, you can use a show as well that includes the liquid material. Must make sense for hanging in the air, and bear in mind that it will be made out of a liquid like blood. This customization is not set up.

RITUAL CIRCLE/FLOOR PATTERN (PULL): Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15. If desired, you can use a show as well. Must make sense for being drawn on the ground, and bear in mind that it will be made out of a liquid like blood or drawn in certain terrains like mud, dirt, snow, etc. This customization is not set up.

SCAR AND TRACE PATTERN (POINT): Requires an article, adjective, and noun for the 15/15/15 of the scar/trace pattern. Longs are okay to use. You can also specify an above-the-neck location and a preposition. Note that these will strictly follow guidelines and current alter/feature alteration rules. This customization is not set up.

CUSTOM NAME: This is simply for designating who any rituals/prayers are being made to. It is currently: not set

More Random Info Note in the above that the "liquid material" is just a placeholder for the liquid that's on the dagger... it doesn't mean you're customizing the liquid itself there ;)

Water, whiskey, bourbon, and 'liquor' made from the food system (as well as one of the 'clear water' options from alchemy) will clean the dagger off. Currently blood, oil, ether, and grease can coat the dagger (the venom sold in G&GE will be able to, too -- later today anyway).

Temp and perma scars from this will currently show up in the tattoo area via LOOK. They generally won't function like tatts, though. I won't say more about what will or won't happen with these going forward, but they're going here instead of the feature fields (a la razors) for possible future reasons.

NUDGE is my favorite verb for these. By like oodles. I'll let you guys look-see what that's all about when some unlocked ones are running around, and if more info is wanted after there's been some exploring time, I'm happy to dole it out at that point.

The "sacrifice" add-on -- since it sounds semi-dire and probably needs a brief explanation: allows you to attempt to sacrifice yourself or a willing player target with your knife -- it can result in death, but it doesn't always. You can also summon a sacrifical animal, so to speak... for example, a goat... and use your dagger to sacrifice it in one of a few ways to your Arkati or however you have your dagger aligned. There's absolutely no mechanical benefit to this option, but due to its nature, it's currently heaped into 'not gonna happen often' area.

As mentioned in the initial analyze -- there are various factors that will introduce different messaging outputs -- sometimes this has to do with the target, whether the dagger is dirty (i.e. coated with something like blood) or clean, and in the higher tiers, if you have it held at a "low" grip or "mid" grip (or "high" for T3+), along with various other factors. As a result, it is extremely messaging heavy overall. I'll try and answer questions as they come up, but my suggestion is to play around with them, especially if you end up with an unlocked one (i.e. to Tier 2).

There will definitely be some unlockings to Tier 2 verbs. There will be either a perma scarring or a "sacrifice" dagger raffled during EG.

Also! (3) If you have a service pass, be sure to try the shark (you can thank Iceland for inspiring this gem) and the "lemonade" in the Cloud Niche area!

Not related, but the other lil' present will have to come later today rather than now, sorry!

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"

The shaggy mutt sniffs at a vine-painted mistwood keg, then grabs it in its teeth and greedily wolfs it down before anyone can grab it!

Evarin
Saturday, October 14th, 2017, 10:51:00 PM

Quote from GM Lydil:

Everyone has their own look. Their signature style. Their own unique fashion. But it is also true that none of those things are ever complete without a piece of headgear. For one is not truly dressed without a proper hat. Thus you are invited to stop by the Hattery this Ebon Gate, just look for the burgundy ramie silk pavilion up on Harborview.

Here you will find hats of many styles and colors that will fit you just right. If you need something a bit more customized to your individual tastes, then seek me out to have one tailored to just the look you need. Even without my attention, you will find dozens of feathers of a variety of colors and looks to adorn your hat. You can put a feather in your cap, and one on your look all at one time. However if you are in need of something else to suit your hat, then you too will be in luck, as I will be offering my millinery talents to customize them for you.

So come one, come all, and find that final item to complete your look. Even if it was not one you realized you need. As no one should be without a proper hat. To live that way is just madness.

~ M, Milliner Plenipotentiary and Hatter Extraordinaire

The Hattery offers scripted hats for sale off the shelf. These hats are fully scripted as is, so no unlocking is required. They can be customized, and altering them to have a SHOW will be a service being offered for the hats (they cannot have a LONG). All the feathers for sale can be put on the hats for sale here, or any compatible hats (what are known as Ezza Toppers). The feathers can be altered (15/15/15) to be another sort of adornment placed on a hat. Alterations to both hats and feathers will be offered behind the curtain at the Hattery.

Evarin
Sunday, October 15th, 2017, 10:46:52 AM

Quote from GM Kaikala: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Ebon%20Gate%20Festival/view/13847

Sooo.... info!:

Murk Manor carries Igaeshian Reader Divining Supplies. https://gswiki.play.net/ElanthianDivination:Dark_Elves gets into what an Igaeshian Reader is. If/when people start to get some escaping Igaesha, it should be pretty obvious that the symbols and some other bits and pieces -- like the whole concept of positional readings -- come straight out of a totally separate treatise written by Lylia.

The way this works with these items in particular is: Demon is summoned into a vial. Demon will eventually escape through the glass, leaving behind smoke patterns as it makes its escape. Diviners "read" the smoke and interpret from there.

The 'designated' reader is the original summoner of the demon -- he/she is the one who is able to read the smoke patterns. But the summoner -- if skilled enough -- can also put the demon to "sleep" (i.e. in a suspended state) via WHISPER. Anyone can then wake the demon up from the suspended state -- the person who does so becomes the new designated reader and will be the one who is able to 'read' the smoke so to speak. Once a demon is woken from a suspended state, it cannot be put back to sleep again. The designated reader can also WHISPER to 'set' an intention or purpose or similar that will be noted on the vial's tag.

How long the demon takes to escape can vary pretty wildly... it ranges anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 weeks of in-game time, though it's definitely weighted to stay under 24 hours. Tier 2 vials allow you to set an "alarm" via RUB -- if you're in-game when the demon escapes, in many circumstances, you'll get a message that it has done so even if it isn't where you might otherwise witness the escape.

Once the demon escapes, the smoke patterns are left behind for a fair amount of time (though eventually they will dissipate), and you can GAZE to get info about what symbols you can make out within that residual smoke patterning; Tier 2 also lets you OBSERVE for further info. Prior to the demon being summoned, you have the option of adding wax and/or positional arc reading elements (beads or notches) -- having these in place will net you extra info about the smoke patterns. You can PULL the info tag off of the vial once the demon escapes. You can CLEAN the vial at any point after the demon escapes... if there are still smoke patterns in the vial, this will effectively destroy them. Most vials allow you to clean them out 15 times for reuse before they need a really thorough scrubbing (i.e. recharging) to use them further -- this would either mean having a merchant 'recharge' it... or a sorcerer sufficiently skilled in these matters can CLEAN it. There will be some vials that are unlimited and won't need that thorough scrubbing.

Tags: tags hold some basic information about the reading. Before a demon is summoned, empty vials can have their tags switched out so that you can muck around with their aesthetics -- there are tags for sale in the manor that let you do this (those ones are unlimited -- you won't run out of the tags); or you can use the same paper type used with sealing wax -- you'll tear it up into a limited number of pieces to use for tags. Once the demon has escaped, you can PULL the vial to remove the tag. The tag then lets you write on it to add notes, and you can also 'seal' it so to speak so that no further changes can be made to the tag's notes... consider this sort of like making the info official.

Everything else item-wise is hopefully pretty self-explanatory. Definitely utilize ANALYZE for information on the various supplies as needed.

As far as the whole 'sorcerer with sufficient skill' for putting already-summoned Igaesha to sleep and cleaning the vials -- this is based on two skill sets -- Demon Summoning ranks and Divination Lore ranks. You do not need to have Divination Lore to do this if you've got enough Demon Summoning. If you fall into the 'traditional' reader status -- female Faendryl sorcerers -- the barrier to entry on ranks needed to do these things is much lower. Currently doing either of these requires quite a lot of ranks in Demon Summoning at minimum, but it's possible I'll drop that down a bit... TBD. As a note, none of this has anything to do with your chances of success at summoning an Igaesha into the vial -- doing that just requires normal use of 725/Minor Summoning -- if you end up summoning an Igaesha while you have a clean, empty vial in-hand, it will get funneled into the vial.

Associated services during EG: unlocking to Tier 2; summoning an Igaesha into one of your empty vials and putting it to sleep for you for later use. The 'merchant' for this shop is Drezda.

This is entirely the fault of the EG requests thread from earlier this year -- the idea of making the vials live in game a la Ordim and some comments following that by a few others. It's definitely a niche type item, but I hope those of you in that niche are able to find some joy from using them ;)

~Kaikala