Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread

• The Obsidian Tower

Welcome to the PRIME instance of the HARDCORE competition.

For the Platinum instance, please see this webpage (https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/116/gemstone-iv-platinum-hardcore)

The rules of the HARDCORE competition can be read in full on the gswiki here: https://gswiki.play.net/Prime_HARDCORE

Please do not enter without carefully reading and accepting to abide by the rules outlined above. Anyone found violating the rules of the competition, knowingly or otherwise, may be permanently banned from taking part. The onus is on the player to observe the rules of the competition, not for me to enforce compliance.

Please list your Prime HARDCORE character’s Name, Race, Profession, and Character Location (if desired) in this thread to be officially entered into the competition. If your character is F2P, please state that as well. I will list each entrant to the competition in this thread as a matter of record.

Note: If/When your character dies, you are to post in this thread with the character’s name and cause of death.

Current Competitors

Name Race Profession Character Location
    Halier Dark Elf Sorcerer Landing
    Ardkor Dwarf Cleric Ta’Vaalor
    Caitis (Mk2) Giantkin Ranger Icemule
    Mortalite Giantkin Bard Landing
    Anthola Giantkin Paladin Ta’Vaalor
    Feffiny Burghal Gnome Paladin Icemule
    Tannae Giantkin Paladin Ta’Vaalor
    Isen Giantkin Paladin Landing
    Asheldia Erithian Empath Landing
    Veweld Gnome Wizard Landing
    Phyrgon Half-Krolvin Wizard NA
    Arrisie Elf Empath Landing
    Unofer Dwarf Wizard Landing
    Bakugo (F2P) Aelotoi Ranger Ta’Vaalor
    Khrayla Half-Krolvin Warrior Ta’Vaalor
    Khanne Halfling Wizard Landing
    Zappaz Half-Elf Ranger Ta’Vaalor
    Anaguar Half-Elf Monk Landing
    Turnipero Giantkin Bard NA
    Yhall Giantkin Warrior NA
    Rogert Dwarf Warrior Landing
    Sjoll Human Ranger River’s Rest
    Luthaed Half-Elf Rogue Ta’Vaalor
    Flekk Halfling Empath Icemule
    Zhendu Forest Gnome Empath Ta’Vaalor
    Aisenit (F2P) Elven Ranger Landing
    Brogner Dwarf Wizard Landing
    Narms Giantkin Warrior NA
    Servil Dark Elf Sorcerer Landing
    Moshei Erithian Monk Landing
    Somrets Halfling Wizard Landing
    Kratikus Human Warrior NA
    Murphin Human Empath NA
    Sundamar Elf Bard Ta’Vaalor
    Bowltar Dark Elf Wizard Icemule
    Sutudo Dark Elf Sorcerer NA
    Shimlurous Dark Elf Sorcerer Landing
    Ryogo (F2P) NA NA NA
    Stinkets Elf Bard NA
    Garry Half-Krolvin Monk NA
    Mornia Giantkin Paladin Ta’Vaalor
    Rubusto Dark Elf Sorcerer Landing/Solhaven
    Fismo Dwarf Paladin Landing
    Onquer Dark Elf Wizard Landing
    Flygr Dwarf Rogue Landing
    Trostam NA Paladin NA
    Nishe Elf Wizard Landing
    Ainumorco Elf Paladin NA
    Owsom (F2P) Elf Cleric Landing
    Eddo Halfling Monk Landing
    Rikame Dark Elf Rogue Landing
    Bruzz Burghal Gnome Monk NA
    Sindaras Sylvankind Paladin Landing
    Rattas Burghal Gnome Wizard Landing
    Lachon Elf Bard Landing
    Frazler Half-elf Ranger NA
    Kros Burghal Gnome Monk NA
    Egard (F2P) Dwarf Sorcerer NA

Honored Fallen Heroes

Name Level Cause of Death
    Caitis 3 White Vysan
    Eannat 2 Dark Vysan
    Ranehd 3 Ghoul
    Moguchaya 6 Lesser Orc
    Trixsi (F2P) 4 Dark Apparition
    Zlaine 6 Spotted Lynx
    Harminius (F2P) 5 Blood Red Scarab
    Hareyk 3 Water Witch
    Dwarden 10 Bone Golem
    Izzire 10 Large Ogre
    Tinesia (F2P) 3 Fanged Viper
    Mazikene (F2P) 10 Bone Golem
    Hagmar (F2P) 8 Claidhmore-wielding Thunder Troll
    Maizekeen (F2P) 7 Unknown (Disconnect)
    Curr NA Relnak
    Eziel 8 Whiptail & Mongrel Kobold
    Eronderl 6 Tree Viper
    Eskoff 11 Werebear
    Alpheratz 5 Whiptail & Cobra
    Gavlock 6 Unknown
    Rigail 7 Grimswarm Troll Paladin
    Flimberyl 5 Gak
    Orsal 5 Grimswarm Troll Cleric
    Tannellen 14 Shelfae Chieftain & Soldier
    Djinx 0 Giant Rat
    Xylles 0 Acid Trap
    Rowlen NA NA
    Xyllez 3 Tree Viper
    Zunessa 6 NA
    Callannen 4 NA
    Demeth 10 Mongrel Troll
    Rect 8 NA
    Scripps 7 Hobgoblin & Spotted Lynx
    Iachon 12 Grizzled Deranged Sentry
    Rambals 18 Wight & Rotting Woodsman
    Mazikene (mk 3) (F2P) 12 NA
    Jachon 4 Dark Vysan
    Horfiz (F2P) 10 Kobolds
    Duillen 4 Lesser Orc
    Hartkorre 13 Disconnect
    Banleus 6 Lesser Orc
    Mirienda 19 Gas Cloud
    Maranida 2 Dark Vysan
    Viserys 5 Forest Troll
    Thorndis 7 Tree Viper
    Mazikeene 5 NA
    Mimia 2 Kobold Shepherd
    Orwac 8 Ethereal Traveller
    Irneya 4 Large Ogre
    Mazakeen (F2P) 5 NA
    Ptomin 13 Grey Orc
    Mirda 10 NA
    Trunqs (F2P) 2 Ghost Wolf
    Blaelog 12 Werebear
    Sudis 6 Arachne Priest (Suicide)
    Mazikean (F2P) 16 NA (Disconnect)
    Ainudraug 11 Wraith
    Ugribow 8 Snow Spectre
    Mazakean (F2P) 13 Bone Golem
    Mountainfists 1 Tree (fell)
    Obingo 3 Dark Panther
    Kabah 10 Large Ogre
    Mazakeene (F2P) 15 Gas Cloud
    Chauvich 6 It’s Complicated
    Snaze 1 Bled Out
    Dredpok 7 Greater Orc
    Scurf 3 Werebear
    Yimo 8 Retired
    Durie 5 *Retired
    Ratsil 9 Wood Wight
    Kachon 17 Nedum Vereri
    Eroland 8 Cave Gnoll
    Ruleric 5 Leaper
    Maazikeen (F2P) 16 Forest Troll

Duplicate instances of the thread can be found on the Officials and on the PC. Character entry and reporting of deaths need only be done in one thread.

For general discussion and updates to the HARDCORE leaderboard, please refer to this thread: https://forums.elanthia.online/topic/639/gemstone-prime-hardcore-leaderboards

For all your HARDCORE chatting needs, there is an official HARDCORE chat in the Gemstone Discord channel: https://discord.gg/KF9Wr8u

You will need to navigate to Gemstone-General (The drop down menu on the left) > prime-HARDCORE channel once there.

I have also created the Lnet Chat HARDCORE. Type ;tune HARDCORE or ;Chat on HARDCORE to make use of it.

The HARDCORE competition has its own folder on the Official Forums! http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone IV/Hunting and Combat/Hardcore Mode/view/1

• Eannat the Giantman Paladin has been created and is ready to be the hardest of cores. Good luck and good hunting to everyone!

• Halier the Dark Elven Sorcerer has joined the fray!

• The Obsidian Tower

@oldskool said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Halier the Dark Elven Sorcerer has joined the fray!

Welcome and good luck!

• The Obsidian Tower

@anshou said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Eannat the Giantman Paladin has been created and is ready to be the hardest of cores. Good luck and good hunting to everyone!

Nearly missed you. Welcome to the competition.

• Mirienda, Erithian Sorceress has been created and is now running amok in Ta’Vaalor

• @Trannquil eskoff will be headed your way should you want to group hunt sometime!

• The Obsidian Tower

Just remember, no shared defensive/utility spells! Don’t even Unstun (108) each other. Same with skinning. Whoever skins/searches it keeps it. Don’t share loot.

• @Evarin you know it! Their butt wont even get the GUARD verb haha

• @Evarin and my warrior accepts your challenge of having 108 lol

• GSWiki Moderator

Peers is spelled wrong on the wiki.

Also, is F2P allowed to pass loot off to a non-f2p due to the nature of the accounts, etc?

• The Obsidian Tower

@maetriks said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Peers is spelled wrong on the wiki.

…No… I meant the respect of your fellow boat launching apparati. Clearly.

• The Obsidian Tower

@maetriks said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Also, is F2P allowed to pass loot off to a non-f2p due to the nature of the accounts, etc?

No, but they can buy passes to hold more as long as they accept they won’t be eligible for the F2P level bonuses.

• GSWiki Moderator

Tinesia F2P Elven Ranger

• The Obsidian Tower

This post is deleted!

• Caitis, the Dwarven Ranger is now running around in icemule!

edit: omg i may have broken the rules in the first two minutes by accepting the womans small shield with a key

• Mortalite, the rogue archer free to play, is in!

• The Obsidian Tower

@jayte said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Caitis, the Dwarven Ranger is now running around in icemule!

edit: omg i may have broken the rules in the first two minutes by accepting the womans small shield with a key

Sprite quest is fine. That’s all from the game itself. Same with Thraak and that Airship Captain.

• The Obsidian Tower

Anyone think it’d be worth it to include “Location” for the signups so people can find like-minded HARDCORE characters?

• @Evarin yes. I plan to live in TV if I’m able and would love to know where folks are for potential partnering

• The Obsidian Tower

Alright. I’ll edit the thread and ask for people to share the information if they desire. Feel free to post to the thread to update your location should you choose to move for a prolonged period of time.

• White Haven

Interesting to see that nobody has chosen empath yet!

• The Obsidian Tower

@maylan said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Interesting to see that nobody has chosen empath yet!

Empaths aren’t HARDCORE! Warpuffs, though…

• Hand of the Arkati

Hurray! Anthola the Giantkin Paladin of Zelia is roaming the noob friendly elf lands of Ta’Vaalor.

She is about halfway through level 3, currently running water and messages about town. First venture outside the gates will be to the lower cemetery to slay a dangerous moaning phantom. I snagged a sancted flamberge from the cleric shop for 1.6k.

I’m debating between Voln and CoL, society wise. Voln seems like it would have better longterm benefits (plan to hunt a good amount of undead already +reim), but CoL would offer a quick AS/DS boost. Being self spelled, getting that+35 sooner than later is looking pretty damn good. What if I get a scary skin task though?! Those chickens are terrifying.

• The Obsidian Tower

Welcome!

One of Doug’s characters managed to master Voln in Plat HARDCORE. Perhaps he could offer you some advice on which is easier.

• The Obsidian Tower

Our first official death in the HARDCORE competition comes in the form of Caitis via a White Vysan!

She will be re-rolling with the same name, but to avoid confusion I am going to make that against the rules in the future.

• Unable to dodge you shriek in terror as the white vysan grasps your neck with its frigid claws!

grunt fear

• The Obsidian Tower

I’ve updated the rules on the wiki to reflect recent questions and events.

• Upon death you should submit a post to the thread informing the community of the character’s death and immediately delete the character. Inventory may be transferred to a non-HARDCORE character prior to deletion. Should you wish to create a new character for the HARDCORE competition, you must select a different name than the one used previously.

• Participation in Societies, to include tasks requiring the direct involvement of other characters is permitted, as is the use of both HARDCORE and Non-HARDCORE characters to complete said tasks. MAing the required participants is not permitted.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns over the new or already existing rules.

I have also created the Lnet Chat HARDCORE. Type ;tune HARDCORE or ;Chat on HARDCORE to make use of it.

• Feffiny, Burghal Gnome, paladin of Icemule.

• The Obsidian Tower

@saltysenorita said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

Feffiny, Burghal Gnome, paladin of Icemule.

Best of luck to you.

• @losus I will sure to keep an eye out!

• The Obsidian Tower

• GSWiki Moderator

@evarin said in Gemstone **PRIME** HARDCORE Official Thread:

We have our own folder on the Officials now.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone IV/Hunting and Combat/Hardcore Mode/view/1

That’s awesome. I love when GMs help wth this sort of thing.

• The Obsidian Tower

I’m taking opinions on the use of Fixskills/Fixstats during the competition. At the moment, i’m for allowing the free movement of TPs/Stats. It isn’t relying on anyone else and at this point is a core mechanic of the game. If anyone has differing opinions (an preferably has a character or will soon have one in the competition), feel free to share it. I’ll give it about a day before adding the clarification to the rules. For now, feel free to move your TPs/Stats around as desired.

• Hand of the Arkati

I’m currently using the instant migration benefits to the fullest (learning 103 to get that sweet, sweet DS stacked to 4 hours then unlearning it). This is crazy helpful for the first 19 levels, alongside being able to set stats temporarily high for the purpose of easier low levels.

After that, if you manage to grind out your own 250k or 1 million bounty points, why not? That’s crazy dedication to a HC character.

• I am fine with it, as you state @evarin it is now a built in function of the game.

• Tannellen the Elven Paladin has joined the ranks of the Prime Hardcore Elite!

• A dark vysan pounds at you with its fist!
    AS: +44 vs DS: +19 with AvD: +43 + d100 roll: +65 = +133
    … and hits for 17 points of damage!
    Blow leaves an imprint on your chest!
    A dark vysan’s touch brings the chill of death!
    … 30 points of damage!
    Icy blast to neck freezes your words in mid-speech and leaves you speechless…permanently!
    The light blue glow leaves you.
    The dully illuminated mantle protecting you begins to falter, then completely fades away.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you…

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

…departing in 13 mins…

RIP Eannat, we hardly played ye.

• Tannellen is in the landing and made level 3 this morning! Aside from the quick leveling I feel like i’m 14 years old, it’s 1995 and I’m dialing in on AOL!

Love this competition!

• @Wyrom please address the clear elanthian scourge known as vysans! They are tearing towns apart flare by flare!!

• Tannae the Giantman Paladin has joined the adventure! She comes in search of her lost sister, Eannat, last seen braving the Glaise Cnoc Cemetery in Ta’Vaalor.

• The Obsidian Tower

Stay away from those Ghouls and Vysans!

• The Obsidian Tower

Quick bump due to the game-wide outage. Your HARDCORE characters are safe if they die if all of GS goes down. Just either DEPART, or allow yourself to decay without being resurrected by a PC.

• Ewww is it back up I am commuting and don’t want to come home to sadness

• living the dream at level 3. So far Thyrils have not done me in. 3x PF and shields is probably the only thing keeping me alive. Also has anyone else experienced unusual amounts of joy when they see some ambros leaf fall? I almost crapped my pants! Watch out folks because I have a whole 2k stored up right now and I am looking to shop

• Almost everything I find gives me joy. Herbs, junk loot, magic items, and skins. If you’re not skinning, you’re not winning.

• Other people’s bandits are now extra terrifying.

• @SaltySenorita oh hadn’t even thought about that! Time to save up and go to rivers rest!

• I am having a ton of fun with this, and yes any little find is even more meaningful! I am wearing a torn vest because it holds my runestaff that I used every silver I had gained to buy from the pawnshop!

I am finding people are more helpful than I had thought when I could get aid. I have been healed twice by “helpful” Empaths on entering the court. Both times I have explained the situation, then gone and bought the herbs that would have fixed the injury and left them on the bench. Hopefully as I progess I will spend less and less on Tinctures from the Herbalist for the bench!

• Set yourself to demeanor cold. That will stop the helpful sorts from violating your territorial bubble. I’ve rebuffed a few already, myself.

Looks like your connection to Elanthian Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.