Undead Bane

Sabotage
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 9:24:57 AM

@Wyrom @Estild Is there different messaging to differentiate between lesser and greater undead bane in a loresong?

Estild
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 11:55:27 AM

Yes. Lesser undead bane is "the bane of all undead creatures that can be affected by it."

There's technically 4 different undead banes now, as there's also a lesser and greater version that only affects non-corporeal undead (as noted by "the bane of all non-corporeal undead creatures" in a loresong). I don't recall if any of the NCU versions have gone out.

Vishra
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 3:13:52 PM

What's the difference between greater and lesser?

Estild
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 3:25:03 PM

They're exactly the same, except the lesser undead bane still requires a bless/sanctification to affect the undead while the greater undead bane does not.

Sabotage
Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, 6:47:30 PM

Anyone have the loresong message for greater undead bane so I can update the wiki?

Sabotage
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 12:08:57 AM

@estild so greater undead bane is just " the bane of all undead creatures."?

Also does the greater non-corporeal version still have a permabless effect for all undead? Or is it only the extra AS, flare, or weighting that affect them but it is still effectively permablessed?

and thanks for the initial response.

Roblar
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 12:25:02 AM

@Estild Also, I had my greater undead bane sung and I don't remember the line below being part of an earlier bardsong or if the song is confusing a true sanctified item (mine isn't) with Undead Bane?

"The harmonics generated tell you that the waraxe inflicts more fearsome wounds when it strikes and has been sanctified for use by a Cleric or Paladin in the fight against the undead."

Aluvius
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 8:57:05 PM

@roblar Check your info ... you are a paladin now, pray they don't alter the deal further.

Roblar
Thursday, November 2nd, 2017, 9:12:00 PM

alt text

archigeek
Friday, November 3rd, 2017, 10:31:24 AM

@estild said in Undead Bane:

They're exactly the same, except the lesser undead bane still requires a bless/sanctification to affect the undead while the greater undead bane does not.

This is like saying a porche and a pinto are the same thing, because they both have 4 wheels.