Official: ESN - Rewards for Patients

Evarin
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 2:32:54 PM

Quote from GM Konacon

On the fourth day of ESN, empaths gained the ability to share some of their learning with their patients through the bond temporarily shared between them by the act of healing. When empaths are awarded their experience from healing, the patient will also be awarded 20% percent of that amount as Long Term Experience up to a maximum of 250 LTE per day. For those curious, the goal of this update is to encourage players to seek out healers over the alternatives when possible.

Questions, concerns, joy, anger? Feel free to share!

Enjoy!

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Empaths, Developer's Corner - Empaths. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/232/2595/view/441

Evarin
Saturday, November 18th, 2017, 2:41:52 PM

Quote from GM Konacon:

One question - will this require an empathic link, or is the effect automatic?

This is just automatic from transferring. Nothing special required.

I'm assuming this is the thing that was teased yesterday that the transfer effect was needed for, my first impression is to have mixed feelings about it.

It is not.

On the other hand, I can see some obnoxious twit coming in right as I'm trying log out for the night/track down a merchant/etc and demand I mess around with linking to them and waiting for them to get their exp...

I am not sure I understand what you're saying here. If you heal people, they will get LTE. There's nothing more complicated to it.

What if the patient is dead at the time of healing?

This shouldn't stop the patient from getting the LTE. :)

As a long-time primarily healing Empath, all I can say is.. WOOOOOOOWWWW...

Thanks!

~ Konacon

Losus
Sunday, November 19th, 2017, 11:33:26 AM

I know it's already been said in other places but this LTE thing needs to also be added to locksmiths. I would open my locksmith back up and sit at the well 24/7

Sabotage
Sunday, November 19th, 2017, 6:46:49 PM

@losus That sounds really hard to implement since you aren't picking the box in someones hand. there is no direct interaction between the locksmith and client, just the give and take of the boxes.

allereli
Sunday, November 19th, 2017, 9:48:50 PM

@sabotage said in Official: ESN - Rewards for Patients:

@losus That sounds really hard to implement since you aren't picking the box in someones hand. there is no direct interaction between the locksmith and client, just the give and take of the boxes.

I'm not so sure, they can track "generated treasure" so it may be possible to track who generated a box

Sabotage
Sunday, November 19th, 2017, 11:45:34 PM

@allereli So would it go to who generated the box or who gave it to the locksmith?

I say we should get it for using the town locksmith!

allereli
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 1:12:11 AM

@sabotage said in Official: ESN - Rewards for Patients:

@allereli So would it go to who generated the box or who gave it to the locksmith?

if the person who generated the box is present in the room, the xp would go to them. If not, then oh well.

JNewhall
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 9:55:52 AM

@allereli

That is a good idea, but I'm not sure it would get me to seek out player locksmiths, because the NPC locksmith is instantaneous.

I will probably seek out healers as a result of this change, because herbs, while fast, are not instantaneous.

I'm in favor of the idea, I just think it will be less efficacious than the current change to healing.

allereli
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 11:08:27 AM

@jnewhall said in Official: ESN - Rewards for Patients:

@allereli

That is a good idea, but I'm not sure it would get me to seek out player locksmiths, because the NPC locksmith is instantaneous.

The NPC also often costs more than the value of the contents of the box, and I think the charge should be increased. I use player locksmiths and rarely ever go to the town smith.

An no, I don't have a pocket rogue

Kembal
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 12:25:33 PM

If the charge is increased w/o a reduction in disarm and picking RTs, there will be immense howling from players. I would actually probably say they should introduce RTs to the NPC locksmith instead of increasing cost. (I doubt they want to rewrite that script though.)

Would not mind the longterm exp bonus for using a player locksmith if they can solve the technical issue of determining who gets the exp, but pretty certain that would not be a silver bullet. That plus an RT reduction would dramatically shift it though.

Evarin
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 12:33:31 PM

Waiting on locksmiths is painful. I agree RTs need to come down dramatically.

JNewhall
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 1:05:53 PM

@evarin said in Official: ESN - Rewards for Patients:

Waiting on locksmiths is painful. I agree RTs need to come down dramatically.

I agree. If RTs were reduced I would use player smiths more. LTE is much less important to me than the RT issue.

JNewhall
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 1:07:03 PM

@allereli said in Official: ESN - Rewards for Patients:

@allereli

The NPC also often costs more than the value of the contents of the box, and I think the charge should be increased. I use player locksmiths and rarely ever go to the town smith.

An no, I don't have a pocket rogue

Sounds like you don't need incentives to change behavior then.

allereli
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 1:23:34 PM

Sounds like you don't need incentives to change behavior then.

well I'll take free xp as I don't grind like others do.

I also think spammy unloading scripts and bigshot should be banned

Sabotage
Monday, November 20th, 2017, 7:22:06 PM

@allereli said in Official: ESN - Rewards for Patients:

and I think the charge should be increased.

alt text