Official: ESN - Solance (1140)

Evarin
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, 2:48:38 PM

Quote from GM Konacon:

On the ninth day of ESN, empaths gained access to a new spell... Solace (1140)!

Solace can be used to IMPRINT a player in the same realm as an auto-success and no spirit cost. It grants 3 + (Mental Lore, Trensference Bonus / 50) charges and lasts the standard imprint duration. Mental Lore, Transference also increases the range of Solace to adjacent realm at 35 ranks, near-adjacent at 70 ranks, and far at 105 ranks. Finally, for 30 seconds after the casting of Solace, the empath can transfer from that player regardless of whether they are "in combat" or not.

Solace has a 60 minute cooldown which can be reduced by 12 seconds for every rank of Spiritual Lore, Blessings.

Let me know what you think!

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Empaths, Developer's Corner - Empaths. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/232/2595/view/561

Evarin
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, 3:43:05 PM

Q&A from GM Konacon:

1) In this context, does the word "charge" mean how many individual wounds may be transferred before the imprint is broken?

Yes.

2) When I cast solace, do I cast it AT a person or do I cast it on myself and then IMPRINT while its up?

Cast it AT the person, like you would use 116 or 225.

3) Why does normal IMPRINT rely on healing skill check roll for charges (can you give us an idea of how many extra charges you get based on success?) instead of also using Transference bonus like the Solace spell does? (yes I know the success includes that lore but I'm curious why Solace uses Blessings specifically to provide additional charges)

IMPRINT uses the roll for additional charges to help encourage and differentiate between each empath's focus on training in healing-specific skills/spell research. Solace doesn't have a roll, so I picked Transference to provide additional charges to add more benefits for this new lore.

SWEET. Now how do I train my friends to get my attention?

IMPRINT CALL is a good way as long as your on their imprinted list...

4) Is there any easy way in-game to know how much time is remaining on this cooldown? I haven't used it yet but I'm assuming there might be a spell effect on you when you're in cooldown?

There should be a spell effect for the cooldown that is easy to see in SPELL ACTIVE, yes.

~ Konacon

Evarin
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, 8:05:51 PM

Quote from GM Estild:

What a waste of a perfectly good spell slot :(

It's significantly better than what was in that spell slot for the last 9 years, which was nothing. And if we have a good idea for a profession, we almost never limited by having/not having a spell slot. The constraint is lack of good and balanced ideas, not empty spell slots.

Those who question the spell are probably not understanding the full implication of it. Empaths may have the ability to IMPRINT, but it's a skill check (which most empaths will probably only have a 35-50% chance to succeed at) and the target must be in the same room as the empath. Solace (1140) changes that dynamic. With enough lore, you can instantly imprint with guaranteed success and heal anyone in the game every hour. And even with no lore, anyone in the same realm. Now when little Timmy falls down the well in Wehnimer's Landing and calls out for help on the amulet, you can cast 1140 while resting in Ta'Illistim to imprint and heal him.

GameMaster Estild

ondreian
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, 8:24:28 PM

Can't believe people are against this awesome change

Sabotage
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, 8:32:25 PM

@ondreian Because imprint looks like a meh ability already. To me at least. I get the feeling its not going to see a lot of use. Maybe I'm wrong though and empaths love it.

Estild
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, 9:11:52 PM

@sabotage

@sabotage said in Official: ESN - Solance (1140):

@ondreian Because imprint looks like a meh ability already. To me at least. I get the feeling its not going to see a lot of use. Maybe I'm wrong though and empaths love it.

Assuming you have the spirit (and as a healing empath, you're probably on a node a good amount of time to mitigate the cost), there's very little reason not to try to IMPRINT on every target you heal. Doing so helps give you the advantage on healing that player first if they get wounded again in their next few hunts (since you get notified once they receive wounds and are out of combat for 20 seconds). It also a huge convenience for affected players since they might not have to end their hunt early and don't have to waste herbs or seek out a healer again. There's no downside to using it.

Ordim
Tuesday, November 28th, 2017, 10:23:27 PM

Idk, are we sure that empaths don't need to store up weeks of empathy* (a new power!) before they can extend their power out that far that frequently? maybe limit them to only using the ability once every few weeks or so is more in line with expectations.

Larch
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017, 3:49:31 PM

@estild said in Official: ESN - Solance (1140):

There’s no downside to using it.

Aside from the fact that this ability encourages high level heal bots to imprint all the people and drive traffic away from gathering places and the young healers that the first few ESN drops were said to be aimed at.

Evarin
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017, 3:52:44 PM

@larch said in Official: ESN - Solance (1140):

Aside from the fact that this ability encourages high level heal bots to imprint all the people and drive traffic away from gathering places and the young healers that the first few ESN drops were said to be aimed at.

Possibly, but if you already had your own heal bot you'd likely just go to it anyway once you were done hunting.

ondreian
Wednesday, November 29th, 2017, 5:14:00 PM

@larch said in Official: ESN - Solance (1140):

I can see your argument, but conversely it provides the ability for healers to be distributed across several different places, instead of everyone being required to run to TSC (or equivalent) and yell, "any healing?".

I haven't had the time yet to get in game this week to test it out, but I do think there should be a way to blacklist/whitelist healers from using imprinton you if there isn't one already.

Losus
Thursday, November 30th, 2017, 6:52:00 PM

@ondreian

Assuming the demeanor setting probably does this though I haven't tested it

Soulance
Friday, December 1st, 2017, 6:19:50 PM

Hey! I want royalties!!

God
Saturday, December 2nd, 2017, 7:29:26 AM

They see it as lackluster because they have an army of MA healers on standby. If you're "normally" playing this change is very OP.