Character Portraits

Flimbo
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 1:51:29 PM

Now offering character portraits.

Recent work shown as it's completed in posts below in this thread.

F.A.Q.

Q. How much duckets? A. Between 30 and 100 depending on your need (or equivalent in silver).

Q. Will you make this thing specifically for me? A. No. I have an incredibly extensive library of models and textures ready to go. They take a long, long time to make from scratch, and not everything in my library was made by me. Modeling takes enough time that it's not monetarily worthwhile for me to model anything for you, nor you to pay for that. That said, my library is very extensive, so I am confident I have enough that you'll like.

Q. How do you decide on the price? A. I'm completely transparent here. I charge $30 an hour for my services for my business. I expect to spend around 4 hours on your job if I quote you $100. I will spend more than 4 hours on your job for $100 when all is said and done, but that's the price I quote. If I think your job is going to be very simple, I'll quote less. I'll never charge you at the end more than I quote, unless you request something that would up the quote. If you do request such a thing, I'll warn you that it'll cost more for me to do before I do it.

Q. Will you re-texture that item from your proof? A. Maybe. If it's a simple change. If it's a wide sweeping change, probably not. There's not just a texture to worry about. I also have to normal map, specular map, and re-light everything properly.

Q. I like that item from your proof, but could you make it X colored? A. Yeah. No problem. That's a setting I can tweak easily.

Q. I like that leather bodice from your proof, but I'd rather it was satin and shiny. Can you do that? A. Yeah, probably. I have a large library of materials to work with.

Q. My character's hair doesn't look exactly like your proof shows. A. Sorry. This one's the hardest one for me to change. I have a large library and can show you several options, but the chances of me making changes aside from color, specularity and glossiness to hair are slim to none. I can in most cases work with the bones of the hair though and move it around to position it differently. Hair styling is a possibility within limits.

What if I pay you and you never produce a product, or I don't like it? A. I don't take payment until the job is finished and you have the finished files. If you don't like them, don't pay for them. I'm not in the business of charging people for work they aren't happy with.

Q. How does it work? A. You give me a description of your character, and if you have any specific requests for lighting or anything out of the norm (i.e. - I'd like my character cloaked partially in darkness because I am a twilight vampire and do not want my portrait too sparkly). I will create you a proof to look at. You'll let me know if you want any changes, or would like to see different hair styles, clothing, weapons, et cetera. I'll make up to 3 significant revisions on a given project. If at the end, you're not happy with it, just don't pay for it. If you are happy with the result, pay for it. Pretty simple.

If you got through all that and would be interested in a character portrait, send me a PM or email me at clippincott@labreesbakery.com.

Some previous works:

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Flimbo
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 1:52:21 PM

Oh wow, Archsenex, way, way too many pictures allowed per post. Some bot or troll could potentially grief somebody with that.

Maylan
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 2:59:49 PM

Yes but do you have a chinchilla model yet? :D

Flimbo
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 3:23:12 PM

@maylan said in Character Portraits:

I'm getting closer. I have a hedgehog.

0zymandius
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 3:36:19 PM

@flimbo said in Character Portraits:

But is it an obese drunken hedgehog??

Flimbo
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 5:30:46 PM

@0zymandius said in Character Portraits:

@flimbo said in Character Portraits:

But is it an obese drunken hedgehog??

If you wish hard enough, anything can be obese and drunken.

alt text

Evarin
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 5:36:57 PM

Those baby feet/hands....

Alastir
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017, 7:52:32 PM

A+ on the Pics!

peam
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 4:40:48 PM

Do you do nudes?

Maetriks
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:08:39 PM

@peam said in Character Portraits:

Do you do nudes?

He's asking for a friend.

Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 5:41:17 PM

@maetriks said in Character Portraits:

Do you do nudes?

I may be his friend

ArchSenex
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:18:31 PM

@whirlin said in Character Portraits:

@maetriks said in Character Portraits:

Do you do nudes?

I may be his friend

Pretty sure the hedgehog IS nude, and since Daz can do morph blending, it probably has genitals. If not, they are available somewhere.

Or there's always the site to buy that stuff. I won't link it because some people have weak stomachs.

Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 6:20:49 PM

You can request NSFW stuff popups and whatnots to be added. I don't even know what to think about that ask yet... Or if we'll do it. I'll promise ill try to make it up to Savant RSN priority though.

Arnylon
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:25:08 PM

Forgive my freehand drawing, but posting a portrait of Arny here.

:)

It's bound to be a classic ^^^^

Flimbo
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:30:01 PM

Do you do nudes?

Short answer: Yes. Even when not requested.

Long answer: Obviously. The trick is, get people to think I'm doing regular portraits by posting a lot of regular portraits. That way you get accurate descriptions of all the characters. Then you just make them naked instead of putting clothes on them.

In reality however: Still yes, when requested. The idea for me doing portraits in the first place came from people requesting horrendous sex acts to be drawn from my deviantart portfolio, so any nudery I might do here is tame compared to the things I get requested there.

HJFudge
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:33:31 PM

I both Do and Do Not want to see your deviantart portfolio now

Flimbo
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:34:04 PM

And on Archsenex's comment...yes. Yes I do have donger models and textures. And hoo haa. I generally do TASTEFUL nudes when requested unless otherwise requested, and rarely have need them.

Flimbo
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:41:40 PM

@hjfudge said in Character Portraits:

I both Do and Do Not want to see your deviantart portfolio now

You probably have if you have prurient interests. And let's not kid ourselves, who doesn't? My deviantart account is actually about 15 deviantart accounts, all tailored to specific interests to garner commissions.

Also, for example of tasteful nude mentioned earlier:

alt text

Also also, for because I can't NOT post it when nude portraits are mentioned, here is what the normal map of a donger looks like when you flatten it out. Mostly SFW, but making it a link instead of an embed just in case.

Donger Bump Map

peam
Thursday, August 10th, 2017, 8:44:10 PM

Looks like a water buffalo with two cartoon bombs on the side of it's head.