Official: Custom Properties and Elans

Evarin
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017, 7:54:35 PM

Quote from GM Wyrom:

During Summit Academy, we are going to be selling off two more custom private properties in the SimuCoin Store. They are the 6 room variety that you get to work with GM Kynlee to build. We have some timelines on that that I don't think were ever that clear. The property must be claimed within 180 days of purchasing this deed, and built within 6 months. These properties have no rent and are yours forever.

We're also excited to announce the start of the private property upgrades. We struggled with a way to do this for awhile, but we finally came up with a concept that should work. Instead of the store having a bunch of things to choose from, you will simply buy a new currency called elans. Elans are only used for private properties. They are not for anything else. Do not get confused with Premium Homes, as they offer nothing there as well. They only work with private properties. These aren't going to be like bloodscrip or seashells, so please don't fret. This is just a delivery mechanic that we can house under the ticket system.

We are debuting several items you can purchase during Summit Academy, but we plan on adding more inventory over time. The first handful of items are listed in the SimuCoin Store currently, but I'll repeat them here.

*Permanent Ownership License *Single Room Addition *Large Storage Addition *Transportation Key *Property Renaming

There are limits right now on these for permanent ownership and room addition. All purchases are also limited to one (of each) per account.

Permanent ownership only applies to people who pay rent. This removes rent and lets you keep a piece of Elanthia forever.

These will all go on sale Friday at 9pm ET during Summit Academy. The shop that uses elans is also located at Summit Academy.

Wyrom, PM

Evarin
Wednesday, December 20th, 2017, 9:52:44 PM

Quote from GM Kynlee:

Can we get some idea of how much these upgrades are going to run?

Property renaming - 5,000 elans Additional storage (100 lbs) - 5,000 elans Key Transporter - 10,000 elans Single room additional - 25,000 elans Permanent ownership (removal of rent) - 50,000 elans

~~GM Kynlee~~ Elanthian Architect Breaker of Things GS4-Kynlee@play.net 3/50

Evarin
Thursday, December 21st, 2017, 6:38:23 AM

Quote from GM Kynlee:

What all is included in the single additional room?

A room addition is the room description with day and night description, if appropriate. You also get: ambient messaging with 4-6 messages 1 portal to/from new room 4-6 props trash can

We're looking at offering the more special rooms (fishing, workshops, etc) at future runs, but it's still in discussion.

As for the items that will be limited in quantity, here are the actual numbers so those of you who want to prepare, can. There will be five (5) permanence (removal of rent) and ten (10) room additions in each instance.

Evarin
Thursday, December 21st, 2017, 4:46:23 PM

Quotes from GMs Wyrom and Kynlee:

Maybe a silly question, but if 1 simucoin = 1 elan and they are spent at an event with no barrier to entry... why have elans? Why make yet another currency when there is zero functional difference between it and a simucoin?

Because we can't put these items in the SimuCoin Store. This is not a currency that will have any value outside private properties. It's not going to be something you earn anywhere. We have no mechanics to let you spend SimuCoins in game currently, and this also helps explain what they are with a barrier.

The amount you can buy are directly related to the values of these items for sale, so you will not have any leftovers unless you choose to buy more than you need. As I said in my post, this is a delivery mechanic, and nothing more. Outside this, there were no options for us to offer private property additions at this time.

This game already has a pretty steep learning curve when it comes to mechanics, but I think the multiple currencies are quickly overshadowing them.

I agree, GemStone IV has a high level of discovery required to play. But this currency isn't something for the majority of players. There are only 39 players in Prime who this is for (plus possibly 2 more). We hope those 39 players ask all the questions they need. We staggered this to Friday for a reason.

And if you already purchased a simustore property that came with 250 lbs storage, can you add 100 lbs?

Yes.

is there a cap at how many lbs you can store in a private property Kind of like the cap of 10 rooms.

Not at this time, but there is a redemption limit of 1 storage addition per account this run. Any extras you buy will only expire, so just buy the 1 and use it!

Could this (Room Renaming) be described just so we're clear on what it is?

The names at the top of the room descriptions for each area.

Evarin
Thursday, December 21st, 2017, 5:16:11 PM

Quote from GM Kynlee:

<250 pounds means there is no item count limit per se, right? (So we could use this for storing 'lebenty squillion gems, for example.)

There is no item limit, but it is HIGHLY discouraged that you use the storage for individual items that weigh under a pound (like most gems). Having this many items can easily cause issues and break things in an area, and potentially corrupt the entire property (and anything you have stored inside).

One big box, or it can be broken down into smaller ones adding up to the full amount.

Sure, if that's how you'd like it done!

<*Transportation Key - Can you give range use of this item? Gold ring range?

You need to be in a safe area (in town and not in a hunting area), but you can travel between realms with no cool down. You could travel from Ta'Vaalor to Teras, for example, if your home were on Teras. However, if your home is on Four Winds, these won't work, and this is entirely intentional so they don't bork your FW transporters.

Evarin
Friday, December 22nd, 2017, 9:13:49 AM

Quote from GM Wyrom:

I own Stone Manor. So I can't buy one of the teleporting keys for my property as it's part of FWI? Have to say the boats are the biggest pain in arse part of my property.

You could likely use it on FWI.

Aside from not paying rent, will permifying my property allow me to keep it while canceling my account for awhile?

This makes the property totally yours. If you leave the game for some time or cancel your account, it will continue to be your property. This is what we believe is the biggest appeal for this service. Not having rent is just the icing.

Also I know it's not an option this time but I would like to see an option to modify an existing room. I really want to change the food options in my banquet hall.

Building, editing, and creating rooms is a lengthy process. We'd love to offer more, just hard to manage it due to how much time it can take.

Wyrom, PM

Erous
Friday, December 22nd, 2017, 11:12:40 AM

Would've bought this if it was for premium homes as well. Just a reminder that the elans are NOT for premium homes. Only for private properties.

Evarin
Friday, December 22nd, 2017, 11:16:10 AM

@erous said in Official: Custom Properties and Elans:

Would've bought this if it was for premium homes as well. Just a reminder that this is NOT for premium homes. Only for private properties.

Agreed. I think Simu is leaving a lot of money on the table by not fixing/upgrading the player home mechanic. There needs to be some middle ground between a standard home model and dropping a minimum of $1100 for a CHANCE at custom property.

Erous
Friday, December 22nd, 2017, 11:18:22 AM

@evarin said in Official: Custom Properties and Elans:

Would've bought this if it was for premium homes as well. Just a reminder that this is NOT for premium homes. Only for private properties.

Agreed. I think Simu is leaving a lot of money on the table by not fixing/upgrading the player home mechanic. There needs to be some middle ground between a standard home model and dropping a minimum of $1100 for a CHANCE at custom property.

Yeah, there's no way I'd spend 1100 on a custom home that really has no resale or permanent value. I would like one, sure, and would spend cash to upgrade it accordingly, but 1100 is just so outrageous

Evarin
Friday, December 22nd, 2017, 11:25:05 AM

@evarin said in Official: Custom Properties and Elans: @erous said in Official: Custom Properties and Elans: Would've bought this if it was for premium homes as well. Just a reminder that this is NOT for premium homes. Only for private properties.

Yeah, there's no way I'd spend 1100 on a custom home that really has no resale or permanent value. I would like one, sure, and would spend cash to upgrade it accordingly, but 1100 is just so outrageous

What's sad is if there were standing orders for them at that price point I would already have one.

Evarin
Friday, December 22nd, 2017, 3:58:35 PM

Quote from GM Wyrom:

The question has been asked if we could refund a SimuCoin purchase if the properties sell out before they are able to purchase one. I spoke with billing yesterday, and the answer to that question is no. While I understand the way the store is set up doesn't allow for a seamless transaction, this is how we've been selling them. We also realize they won't last more than a few seconds in the store. We recognize there is a lot of demand for them. So GM Kynlee and I had a powwow this morning and we feel we came up with a solution that will meet the demand and not leave people holding the bag.

We are going to change the sale to unlimited (the store will likely say 100 because it's set up as quantity item), but for 5 minutes. They will go on sale at precisely 9pm ET. The sale will last until 9:05pm ET. The deed that you will have delivered will have some time frames on the turnaround, but due to this sale, there may be some delays. We will communicate that once we know how many sell. This may be the last time these go on sale for a bit. We will not sell any more until all of these homes are complete.

Good luck to everyone. The only thing you need to make sure of is that you are punctual.

Wyrom, PM

This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, Private Properties. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/3265/view/110