HARDCORE Contest: One Man's Trash

Evarin
Saturday, December 23rd, 2017, 5:23:36 PM

Long time no see, HARDCORE! This competition is open and available to all HC competitors new and old, and is something of a scavenger hunt. As the competition name may indicate, this challenge is all about collecting junk items.

What Junk qualifies: a smooth stone, a table leg, some tree bark, a piece of iron, a moldy bone, a chipped brick, some tattered cloth ADJECTIVES: (scratched|corroded|polished|shiny|tarnished|dented|rusty|bent) of THESE ITEMS (ring, medallion, earring, anklet|bracelet|fork|plate|coin|cup|nail|spoon|doorknob|horseshoe)

What Junk does NOT qualify:

1. Anything that can be sold at any NPC shop for any amount.
  2. Any clothing item genned by the treasure system, regardless of value.
  3. Any piece of equipment (weapon, shield, armor, armor accessories) regardless of value.
  4. Any container regardless of value.

Determining a Winner:

1. The HARDCORE competitor with the most points at the end of the competition is the winner.
  2. All unique items are worth 1 point, including the same item with a differing adjective (such as a shiny or rusted horseshoe).
  3. All duplicates are worth .1 points, EXCEPT: a smooth stone, some tree bark, and a piece of iron. Only 1 of these items will be counted for points.
  4. In the event of a tie, a random number generator will be used to determine the winner.

Rules:

1. All items must be obtained following standard HARDCORE rules. No passing items, taking items from the bench, any container from the ground, unless the treasure system (or other in game system) genned the item for you or by means of your direct actions.

2. Qualifying junk items obtained from before the beginning of the contest by the participating HARDCORE character following the above rules ARE ELIGIBLE.

Deadline: The deadline for the contest is from today, 23 December 2017 until 6 January 2018 at 11:59 EST (2 weeks)

Method of Entry: A list of all your items must be posted to the appropriate thread of a qualifying forum (The Officials, The Elanthian Forums, or the Player's Corner) before the deadline in order to be eligible. This list of items WILL be verified, so keep them until such time as a winner has been declared.

Prizes: The winning contestant will receive 3 million silver. Free to play (F2P) characters will have their own bracket and prize pool assuming two or more valid entries are submitted. If 3 or more competitors of either the standard or F2P brackets submit valid entries, a second place prize of 1 million silver will be awarded in each bracket. Winning contestants and runners up will be added to the HARDCORE leaderboards. NOTE: All silver will be paid to a non-HARDCORE character of your choosing.

Have a question about whether a piece of junk you found qualifies? Ask in this thread or message Sulikfor on Lnet in game.

Good luck!

TL:DR - Collect qualifying pieces of junk for 2 weeks and post your haul on the forums by the deadline. The person with the most junk wins fortune and glory!

Evarin
Sunday, December 31st, 2017, 8:50:53 PM

Update: Junk food items are being allowed on a case-by-case basis. These are items that must be generated by a critter. Only 1 per type will count. No stacking. Examples of what are acceptable items are:

moldy oatmeal cupcake, an iced cherry muffin, iced almond muffin

If you find one, post in any of the official threads (Here, Officials, PC, or on Discord) and I will OK it. If it has already been listed, feel free to keep it and have it count without having to ask.

Evarin
Friday, January 5th, 2018, 6:54:35 AM

Heads up, guys:

Deadline: The deadline for the contest is from today, 23 December 2017 until 6 January 2018 at 11:59 EST

Method of Entry: A list of all your items must be posted to the appropriate thread of a qualifying forum (The Officials, The Elanthian Forums, or the Player's Corner) before the deadline in order to be eligible. This list of items WILL be verified, so keep them until such time as a winner has been declared.

Please remember to submit your items by 11:59 PM EST tomorrow!

Novra
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 9:00:59 AM

Asheldia- I'm entering the Trash hunt and these are the food items I've found. Do they qualify?: a stale lemon tart a fresh cherry doughnut a frosted blueberry cookie a frosted oatmeal cookie a stale oatmeal tart Also in the does this qualify list is: a lynx skull - Found on a lynx and not a skin or pawnable. Can't be sold at the Alchemist.

My other items are: a corroded plate (2) a tarnished medallion (2) a bent medallion a tarnished ring some tattered cloth (2) a table leg (4) a scratched fork a rusty doorknob a moldy bone a smooth stone

That's all unless I find more before the end.

Evarin
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 9:04:30 AM

I believe the lynx skull is a helmet from Hobgoblins. Otherwise, everything else qualifies.

Aaron247
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 7:16:01 PM

Ainumorco(started 1/1/18) has collected these in his short tenure: Moldy Bone (2) Stale Oatmeal Tart Rusty Doorknob(2) Scratched Bracelet A dull gold coin A polished coin A pristine nymphs hair(2) A corroded nail A tarnished fork A scratched medallion A corroded earring A tarnished spoon A corroded spoon A smooth stone A corroded plate A rusty medallion A rusty anklet A corroded Cup A old white kerchief A musty auburn skirt A stained ecru frock

Evarin
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 8:51:03 PM

The pristine nymphs hair are alchemy items, and the last 3 items I am going to consider "clothing". Otherwise, looks good.

Aaron247
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 9:46:26 PM

Cool, thx Evarin!

MCPeePants
Saturday, January 6th, 2018, 10:16:55 PM

In the sea green cloak you see a corroded plate, a rusty plate, a smooth stone, a dented fork, a table leg, a shiny horseshoe, a bent anklet, a dented anklet, a moldy bone, a shiny ring, a frosted blueberry cookie, a polished coin, an iced blueberry muffin and a moldy raisin cupcake.

Evarin
Sunday, January 7th, 2018, 8:18:05 AM

This competition is now closed. I will announce the tentative front runner(s) on Monday and will start the verification process that evening.

Evarin
Monday, January 8th, 2018, 1:44:14 PM

Thanks to everyone who participated in this contest. We had 6 entrants in total, and the competition was fairly close!

Here are the results:

Mazakeene/SnarlingMaiden - 1

Onquer/Wross - 4

Sudis/MCPeePants - 14

Asheldia/Novra - 15.6

Runner-up: Ainumorco (Aaron247) - 17.2

Winner: Ardkor (Rathboner) - 21.5

I will need to meet with both Ardkor and Ainumorco in-game to verify the counts, but for now they are your tentative winners.

Thanks again for participating. See you at the next competition!