Two weapon fighter/ranged (bow) hybrid? How feasible?

Orias
Monday, January 1st, 2018, 2:24:15 PM

The title basically sums up the question. I haven't really tried a ranged build yet, and it's what I was planning on doing now. But when I thought about it, I thought I'd like to be able to switch between ranged and two weapon combat, just to keep things a bit more interesting. I'm currently enjoying a two weapon ambush lockpicker rogue, and was wondering if it would be possible to throw ranged combat into the mix. I was thinking of maybe rolling a rogue hybrid, but maybe ranger would be better? If the hybrid idea is even feasible that is. Anyone tried it?

JNewhall
Monday, January 1st, 2018, 7:11:46 PM

You'll do two things badly instead of one thing well. TWC means you need weapon type + TWC, now you also need + ranged, + ambush (for both) + perception + Dodge and if you're a ranger then + spells.

Alenix
Monday, January 1st, 2018, 7:20:38 PM

It's possible. I did something similar on my rogue a while back. Used TWC + OHE and pulled out a heavy crossbow every now and again for style points. You'd likely not be able to maintain locksmithing until later in levels when more points are available. As far as it being "better." That depends on the issues you're having with hunting and what you hunt.

In general your build would be something like: 2x: OHE, Ranged, Perception, S&H, Dodge and Ambush 1.5x: TWC and Armor (depending on what armor you want to wear) 1x: CMan and PF.

That would leave you with some extra TP's to get Climbing, Swimming, AS, MIU etc. if you want them.