The Imperiled Few - A HARDCORE MHO

Evarin
Thursday, January 11th, 2018, 9:29:52 AM

As a requirement of their creation, MHOs must complete an application summarizing the key points of the organization. Using this form as a template, I’ll try to explain the overall theme of The Imperiled Few and what prospective members can do to help.

Purpose or Goals: The Imperiled Few seeks to find those among us who understand that for whatever reason, they are destined to face death but a single time in the course of their existence. The Few will provide a place of fellowship, camaraderie, and remembrance for those fated to soon meet their end, yet wish to live their lives to the fullest.

In less flowery language, the MHO will primarily serve as an IC method of indicating your status as a HARDCORE character. Beyond that, the group will be the IC face of the competition for the purposes of any in-game events. I do have other ideas for the organization. However, whether The Few grows to encompass more than these first few objectives is largely up to the desires of the HARDCORE community.

Membership: Members of our organization must be taking part in the HARDCORE competition, following all the rules that apply and are spelled out on the wiki.

Anyone taking part in the HC competition is welcome to join the MHO. At most, I may make a requirement that you reach level 5 first just to cut down on travel and early departures. Should (when) your character dies and you for some reason wish to continue playing that same character they will be removed from the group. Finally, I want to stress that membership in the MHO is in no way required for HARDCORE.

Primary town: Wehnimer’s Landing

As the majority of the HARDCORE community is in the Landing, we will be based there. I realize there are several members in the Elven Nations, and I will do my best to ensure the MHO is represented on both sides of the Dragonspine.

Event Outline: The first event the group will run will be a “mixer” of sorts, where fellow HARDCORE members can meet and socialize with each other in an otherwise isolated gameplay experience.

I have plans for our first official event to be something useful to HARDCORE competitors, but I haven’t been able to get ahold of the right people. Assuming said plans fall through, the first event would still remain a meet and greet, with inductions for those who wish to become members. Other ideas for events are in the works, but I’d like to avoid spelling them out in detail until I can line up support and have concrete plans in place.

Leadership: ?

I haven’t given too much thought to officer positions due to the transient nature of the organization’s participants. I also realize for the vast majority of you, your HARDCORE character is a secondary diversion and not your main focus. I planned on doing most of the heavy lifting, so that members can just come and enjoy themselves if the events offered interested them, but if people want to get involved the more the merrier.

Group Crest: How about yet ANOTHER contest??

I believe symbolism is important tool for roleplay and self-identification. That being said, I’d rather let the community decide how they’d like to represent themselves. The next competition will be to design the look of our crest and general motif moving forward. Details will be provided in a separate post.

TL:DR – A HARDCORE MHO called The Imperiled Few is in the works and will be up and running as soon as I can fit the pieces together. I’ll post updates to this thread as they appear. If you have questions, suggestions, or comments, this is the place to share them.

Novra
Thursday, January 11th, 2018, 9:09:22 PM

This is a great name!

Maetriks
Thursday, January 11th, 2018, 9:23:43 PM

Luukosian Deathwort should be worked into the insignia.

Eva
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 7:35:30 AM

Yes please. This sounds nifty, always makes me want to return to my paladin when I read the HC forum topics.

Losus
Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 10:37:23 AM

Well you pulled me back into doing this again full time...time to think about an 8-9th person to throw into the mix to try to stay a foot.

Glad this came to fruition!!

Evarin
Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 10:56:22 AM

@losus said in The Imperiled Few - A HARDCORE MHO:

Well you pulled me back into doing this again full time...time to think about an 8-9th person to throw into the mix to try to stay a foot.

Glad this came to fruition!!

Glad to hear it, man. With the new F2P section, there's now some goals to chase on that front as well.

Evarin
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 7:31:39 AM

alt text

The Imperiled Few is now an official MHO!

I'm still hoping to get in contact with two groups regarding events, but I may try to organize something smaller in the next week or two. Here is the place to give your opinions or requests of the MHO and I will do my best to accommodate.

Losus
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 8:43:57 AM

@Evarin

Erolands ass is officially planted in the WL area :)

Rohese
Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018, 12:38:00 PM

Welcome to the MHO community!