Design The Imperiled Few's Crest

Evarin
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 7:21:19 PM

Short and sweet, I will be holding a contest to design the crest for the new MHO, The Imperiled Few. This crest can take almost any form, though it cannot hold other items. It can be given a long base or a show description.

Please post your idea to the thread no later than ~~Sunday~~ MONDAY at 11:59 PM EST. I'll select the winner either Monday or Tuesday. The winning entry will receive 1 million silver. Any are welcome to participate, but strong preference will be made for those participating in the HARDCORE contest. If you see an entry you like, call it out and it will be given increased consideration.

Claudaro
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 7:45:38 PM

A pair of crossed black iron blades against a polished brass shield insignia.

The idea being that the black blades represent death, which is being warded off by the shield. The metal choices are three fold, first, the shield being brass since it is generally seen as a "tough" material in the sayings, having the brass,ect. This is referencing having that brass to take on this challenge. Second, iron has many many references and is seen as unyielding, which the constant threat of death in this challenge does exist. Third, by making it two common, non-magical mundane metals, it signifies that belief that the supernatural, or magic, doesn't come into play for this group, and the belief that once one dies, that is the end, nothing can save you.

So you have the constant threat of death clashing with the fortitude and will of those fighting for their lives, just my take on it.

Revial
Friday, January 12th, 2018, 7:50:13 PM

My Submission

Evarin
Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 7:46:30 AM

@revial said in Design The Imperiled Few's Crest:

My Submission

Interesting design, but i'll need either a long description or a 15/15/15 with a show to be able to submit it.

Losus
Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 1:34:29 PM

A makeshift runestaff and shield headstone resting within freshly moved earth.

Losus
Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 1:35:46 PM

The emblems themselves could be returned by fellow MHO like dog tags and honored, serving as a crest and memorial.

Revial
Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 8:54:47 PM

@evarin said in Design The Imperiled Few's Crest:

@revial said in Design The Imperiled Few's Crest:

My Submission

Interesting design, but i'll need either a long description or a 15/15/15 with a show to be able to submit it.

It's unfortunate but I'm simply incapable of making a decent description. If someone else wants to use this as a base though, I am completely and absolutely comfortable with that.

Evarin
Sunday, January 14th, 2018, 7:55:29 PM

I am going to extend the deadline to 11:59 PM EST Monday as I have the day off and won't be working on much until Tuesday.

BriarFox
Sunday, January 14th, 2018, 9:35:45 PM

A common brass badge engraved with a one-legged figure hopping along a precipice. ;)

Evarin
Monday, January 15th, 2018, 12:18:18 AM

@briarfox said in Design The Imperiled Few's Crest:

A common brass badge engraved with a one-legged figure hopping along a precipice. ;)

lol

Maetriks
Monday, January 15th, 2018, 5:05:53 PM

Set upon granite crest is an obsidian tombstone with a jagged crack bisecting its face. Encircling the tombstone is a carving of Luukosian Deathwort twisted into a wreath with thorned vines, while "The Imperiled Few" is engraved just outside it.

Novra
Monday, January 15th, 2018, 7:13:31 PM

@maetriks I vote for this one

Losus
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018, 7:40:33 AM

Seconded for maetriks

Evarin
Tuesday, January 16th, 2018, 8:12:22 AM

Very well , Maetriks has the winning entry. Here's my working idea for the noun: a roughly hewn coarse granite crest