Official: Chainspears QoL Updates
I’ve spent some significant time with chainspears and giving them some much needed quality of life updates. Here are the bullet points.
• They can now be enchanted to 8x. Keep in mind, if your chainspear has a partial enchant, once it is over +35 it cannot be enchanted.
• The PULL roundtime has been reduced to a maximum of 3 seconds.
• The shaft will function for parrying (since polearm users likely parry with the shaft regardless).
• The chain can support rare materials for alterations.
• It will now transfer all properties properly to the spear head (creaturebane, ensorcell, weighting, etc).
• It should properly track bonding and sanctifying (if killed via PULL, it will not track that).
• Line breaks and a few typos were cleaned up.
• There is now a comprehensive ANALYZE.
• The shaft can be fully altered (this was always possible, but instructions are now clear).
With this update, there are some growing pains.
• The spear head (after it’s hurled) cannot be fully altered anymore (ANALYZE has the details).
• Chainspears have proper ensorcell and enchanting penalties due to the nature of the combat script.
• Chainspears come with a 1200 Premium Point surcharge.
If you notice anything wonky, please post it here.
This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, Items and Inventory. To discuss the above, follow the link below.